1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, so I loaded the Pocket Mirror app on my Pre and I loaded the software on my home PC. I've gone through all the steps and tried to sync over my wifi, it says it sync'd correctly but when I go into my outlook there's nothing there. I have my Pre sync'd with Google calendar, so i could use Google apps but I'd really like to get rid of the Google calendar. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1175 View Post
    Hello everyone, so I loaded the Pocket Mirror app on my Pre and I loaded the software on my home PC. I've gone through all the steps and tried to sync over my wifi, it says it sync'd correctly but when I go into my outlook there's nothing there. I have my Pre sync'd with Google calendar, so i could use Google apps but I'd really like to get rid of the Google calendar. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I installed it on my PC first, then on my Pre, works great! I have made changes both on my PC and Pre and it syncs both ways.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The problem is, the contacts on your Pre are associated with the Google account. You need to get them onto Outlook somehow. You may be able to export them as a csv file and import them into Outlook. I don't think there is a way to do this on the Pre though.
  4.    #4  
    ok, that sounds like it will work for getting stuff from outlook to pre, but what about getting stuff from pre to outlook
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    PocketMirror works both ways... Pre to PC and PC to Pre... shouldn't be a problem.
  6.    #6  
    i know its supposed to work both ways, i just did a sync and it looks like it sync from outlook to pre, but not from pre to outlook. thanks
    When you create a contact on the Pre, it will be created in the profile you have set as your default, whether that is Outlook or Google, etc. If you want to create a new contact in one of the non-default profiles, then just click the icon next to the Name field while you are creating the new record. I changed my Contacts default to be the Outlook profile that PocketMirror generated, so when I add a new person on the Pre, it will automatically be sync'd back to Outlook.

Personally I'm not too keen about keeping all my info and contacts in "the cloud", which is why I waited for Chapura and didn't put everything in Google.

Edit: Unfortunately at this point it doesn't look like you can move a contact into a different profile.
  8.    #8  
    i removed pocket mirror and decided to join the 21st century, its the cloud for me. goosync worked flawlessly and i imagine they will add contacts soon enough. thank you to everyone for there help
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Looks like you solved your problem, but what I was saying was export your files from Google and import them into Outlook. I don't thinl you can make any changes on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    When you create a contact on the Pre, it will be created in the profile you have set as your default, whether that is Outlook or Google, etc. If you want to create a new contact in one of the non-default profiles, then just click the icon next to the Name field while you are creating the new record. I changed my Contacts default to be the Outlook profile that PocketMirror generated, so when I add a new person on the Pre, it will automatically be sync'd back to Outlook.

Personally I'm not too keen about keeping all my info and contacts in "the cloud", which is why I waited for Chapura and didn't put everything in Google.

Edit: Unfortunately at this point it doesn't look like you can move a contact into a different profile.
    Thanks WoodWulf. This worked for me, finally have 2 way sync now.
    I was a treo user and had a lot of trouble transferring data to Google and Outlook. Eventually the data on my contacts was transferred to Google (though the addresses do not appear!---help here too). By the time it was done I had multiple Palm profile contacts and one Google contact for each address. I deleted all the palm profile contacts.

Three questions:

1) Can I still back up to Palm Profile
    2) If I was to lose my Pre could I recover all my data (including the addresses which are visible in the Pre)
    3) Can I ever move the addresses to another platform?

Also,

Any way to save data on Memos? New Memos stink btw.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Make sure you have the most updated version of pocket mirror, there have been 1 or 2 updates in the last couple weeks. I had problems w. the vers effective late June, but wiped the contacts and events off the pre, updated pocket mirror, re-loaded and have had no problems since.
    i did sync and it looks like it sync from outlook 2007,but it is incomplete,department,category can't sync to pre.thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1175 View Post
    i removed pocket mirror and decided to join the 21st century, its the cloud for me. goosync worked flawlessly and i imagine they will add contacts soon enough. thank you to everyone for there help
    I synched w/Chapura Outlook when I first got the phone, but then decided to clean up my Google contacts and like syncing through there now. How do I delete my Outlook profile? When I select it from the list, it just tells me how many contacts I have, and doesn't have the option to remove the account. Do I have to remove the program from my phone in order to remove the profile?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phonephetish View Post
    I synched w/Chapura Outlook when I first got the phone, but then decided to clean up my Google contacts and like syncing through there now. How do I delete my Outlook profile? When I select it from the list, it just tells me how many contacts I have, and doesn't have the option to remove the account. Do I have to remove the program from my phone in order to remove the profile?
    I have the same problem. Any one have the solution?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Not sure if it's the only way, but removing PocketMirror will remove the account. If you remove the account, PocketMirror won't be usable anyway, so I don't see why you would keep it.