1.    #1  
    So exchange logs into the account fine and email works perfectly. However, all of my contacts are not syncing and nothing has synced for the calendar. I am guessing this is a Palm Pre software issue and there is nothing that i can do about it until they fix it, correct?

We run Exchange 2003 with SSL. I have not received ANY error messages when setting up my account on the PRE.

If you have any work arounds or an idea of what i may be doing wrong, any input would be appreciated.
    Have you contacted Palm? I am sure they would like to help you figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brademcee View Post
    So exchange logs into the account fine and email works perfectly. However, all of my contacts are not syncing and nothing has synced for the calendar. I am guessing this is a Palm Pre software issue and there is nothing that i can do about it until they fix it, correct?

We run Exchange 2003 with SSL. I have not received ANY error messages when setting up my account on the PRE.

If you have any work arounds or an idea of what i may be doing wrong, any input would be appreciated.
    where is your PIM data? in your Exchange Server? On your Exchange Profile? on your Palm Profile?

sorry if this is obvious, but if data is in your Palm Profile it will not sync with Exchange.

my guess is you imported all of your data to your Palm Profile on the Pre and NOT onto an Exchange Profile on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brademcee View Post

Yea, this sounds as if this could be a profile issue for you, or a rather unique one. If you can access any part of EAS (such as email) you SHOULD be able to sync everything.

I haven't had any issues with Exchange so far, and I am able to pull down all of my stuff.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    I would delete it and try again. My Exchange host is on 2003 with SSL and I connected without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    where is your PIM data? in your Exchange Server? On your Exchange Profile? on your Palm Profile?

sorry if this is obvious, but if data is in your Palm Profile it will not sync with Exchange.

my guess is you imported all of your data to your Palm Profile on the Pre and NOT onto an Exchange Profile on the Pre.
    also if this is the case, it may be difficult getting your PIM data out of the Palm Profile and into your Exchange Server or Exchange Profile because of Palm's crappy closed proprietary silo "Synergy" black box. so hopefully, your PIM data resides somewhere other than the Pre Profile.
    Last edited by Gekko; 06/13/2009 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    also if this is the case, it may be difficult getting your PIM data out of the Palm Profile and into your Exchange Server or Exchange Profile because of Palm's crappy closed proprietary silo "Synergy" crap. so hopefully, your PIM data resides somewhere other than the Pre Profile.
    I didn't read the OP's original message to mean that data already on his phone and in his Palm profile wasn't syncing with his Exchange server, but rather that he's not getting data from his Exchange server correctly. This is a known problem that Palm has acknowledged and is working to resolve.

Your version is just another lame attempt on your part to find something else about the Pre to slam, and you're making no sense whatsoever. The entire point of Synergy is to keep data in separate stores so as to avoid poisoning one data source with another, and at the same time to present it in a cohesive fashion to avoid redundancy. It's a way to allow the user to access and work with data from more than one source easily and effectively, and is a remarkable technology. In its simplest form, Synergy just means that the Pre can receive and maintain data from many more sources than other smartphones.

You may not find Synergy useful for your needs, but you do nobody any good to misrepresent what it's doing. And if you misunderstand what Synergy is, then maybe you should educate yourself a little better before attacking the technology.
    Last edited by wynand32; 06/13/2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I and others have encountered similar sync problems in both Exchange and Google, and both contacts and calendar -- some items sync, and others don't, and it's hard to know why. Even more mystifying, many items do sync but look like they don't, because they show up on the Pre as light-gray ribbons with no text.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Exchange account several times, but I always get the same result. Mail syncs fine, most contacts sync, but calendar is too flaky to rely on.

Goggle calendar is working better for me on the Pre, which is an OK workaround, because Google syncs OK with exchange. But it's a more complicated system thad increases the risk of duplicate entries.