Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My gmail account never syncs my mail. If I open my gmail inbox on the pre it will sit there and refresh but no mail comes thru. If I click on the gmail header it will say last updated and it is usually yesterday's date, when I just did a refresh. I don't understand the calendar works fine and so does the contacts.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I have the same issue, but it is intermittent and not predictable at all.

Here is a thread I started.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...imap-help.html

And there is a thread on the palm support forums that exactly describes my problem.
    Gmail not downloading messages on Palm Pre - Wireless Email - Palm Support Forums

I hope there is a fix soon from either Palm or Google.
    I am having the same problem. Seems to work great of evdo. 1xRTT and WiFi are really spotty with this IMAP implementation
    One thing that I have noticed is that i reboot the phone with WiFi on, it seems to start working again.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theadlee View Post
    I am having the same problem. Seems to work great of evdo. 1xRTT and WiFi are really spotty with this IMAP implementation

I hope that is not the case. I live in an 1x area, and I doubt it will be EVDO anytime soon.

I have had mine working 3 separate times, including right now. It is working fine now on 1x coverage. I can't figure out what causes it to crash or start working again. The latest thing I did is a complete reset and created a new palm profile. I only added once account...no facebook. We'll see how long this one lasts.
    My gmail seems to be fine.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yea sometimes is does work but most of the time nothing. It is really confusing considering my own internet provider email address works fine but not my Gmail.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    And it is busted again. Frustrating!
    I think this is network related. I just switched from a Touch Pro on sprint. I was doing push email with windows live and windows mobile. I had similar issues, expecially on 1x. I dont think this is realted to WebOs at all.
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Does anyone get a yellow caution icon at the top near the unread number?
    I have never gotten the yellow caution icon
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I had the yellow icon a few times in the outbox.

I think this issue is related to switching between wifi and 1x, and also related to dropping in and out of 1x coverage. It seems that "connectivity" is not restarted when service resumes. I just restored my push capability by going into contacts and "syncing now". It worked fine after that, but I have not done enough testing to see it that fixes it everytime.
    Think they will have this fixed when the Pixi arrives? BTW, is there a Gmail app for WebOS?