Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. geridh
    Anybody have any luck with this yet? Mine has not updated since the first sync
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I haven't either.

Had a contact added on Tuesday and another one on Thursday that haven't synced yet.
    Im about to unsync my gmail to see if I can get my facebook to apear as the default.This makes me sad cause the only reason I opened up a facebook account was to get the contact pic feature on the pre.Which all of my iphone friends love.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Same here. profile photos change but no added contacts sync...
    I did not use Facebook for my contact, but I think you need to add it as an account from your Contacts -> Preferences -> Add account then, choose Facebook
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PiranhaPre View Post
    Im about to unsync my gmail to see if I can get my facebook to apear as the default.This makes me sad cause the only reason I opened up a facebook account was to get the contact pic feature on the pre.Which all of my iphone friends love.
    You can change what profile is the default profile per contact. Open the contact and click on their picture (not edit), and you can select default profiles, link profiles, add profiles, and delete profiles.

If the Facebook profile is default, that user's facebook picture should be their picture in the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    You can change what profile is the default profile per contact. Open the contact and click on their picture (not edit), and you can select default profiles, link profiles, add profiles, and delete profiles.

If the Facebook profile is default, that user's facebook picture should be their picture in the phone.
    Thats not the problem.Its not updating new contacts that added to facebook my phone only has 30 of my facebook friends when there are about 50.It wont sync new contacts unless I remove facebook and then add it again which is a pain.thx for trying though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiranhaPre View Post
    This makes me sad cause the only reason I opened up a facebook account was to get the contact pic feature on the pre.Which all of my iphone friends love.
    Same here!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Over in the palm.com forums there have been several users say that facebook contacts have taken up the 48 hours to update. I have had no such luck.
  10. geridh
    I deleted my fb account on the pre and reloaded. We will see if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by geridh View Post
    I've done that several times and it works, but it sure is a hassle.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geridh View Post
    I'm assuming you'll have to relink your contacts after you reloaded the account?
    Quote Originally Posted by backslide View Post
    I'm assuming you'll have to relink your contacts after you reloaded the account?
    Exactly the issue that I have about re-syncing Facebook. I don't want to have to manually link the phone numbers for my friends who dont list their number (pretty much all of them) again!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Facebook events and contacts are displayed on the phone.

The online account is polled for contact changes automatically every 24 hours, and changes are synchronized to the account on the phone.

Facebook friend updates are not synced to the phone.

Data added or edited on the phone is not synced to Facebook.com.

I took that from palm's website, its been like 4 days.I guess ill remove the account and relink one more time since I wont be adding too many more people to facebook
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    its weird, i accepted a friend the other day and checked, he wasnt in my phonebook... i did a phone sync and then a calendar sync and he showed up, but none of the other people i added showed up...

also does any1 know that if you remove the account then re-sync it, do you have to re-link contacts (AIM screen names and such)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    its weird, i accepted a friend the other day and checked, he wasnt in my phonebook... i did a phone sync and then a calendar sync and he showed up, but none of the other people i added showed up...

also does any1 know that if you remove the account then re-sync it, do you have to re-link contacts (AIM screen names and such)
    Yes, you have to re-sync.FUN right?
    I called Palm today because I was having the same issue. They first told me that it would take time for new contacts in Facebook to show up in my contacts. I asked how long, because I had friends that I added on Facebook on Monday and despite numerous attempts to both log in and sync facebook through my contacts they still weren't showing up. They had me do a soft reset first. This did not work so they had me delete Facebook from my accounts (through contacts) and then re-add it. This took about 20 mins. and then I had to relink all of my facebook contacts w/my palm contacts which took me about 45 mins. I asked if I would have to do this every time I added someone new to my Facebook and they assured me that I would not. I just added a new friend to Facebook and tried to sync the accounts...and no it will not pull it up no matter what I do. I really hope palm sees this and fixes it because I LOVE this phone but that is a BIG drag. If anyone figures this out or if it turns out to just be a bug on my particular phone please post it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If it's working correctly, is there a way to sync just the picture and company and all that to contacts already in your phone? I don't want extra phone numbers and friends in my phone. Does that make sense? I can't seem to find an answer about this easily. Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smi77y View Post
    If it's working correctly, is there a way to sync just the picture and company and all that to contacts already in your phone? I don't want extra phone numbers and friends in my phone. Does that make sense? I can't seem to find an answer about this easily. Thanks in advance
    Palm miscalculated when they thought we wanted all our FB contacts on our phone, especially since most of most people's FB friends you would never call or email, so while you would want them as FB friends you don't want them synced on to your Pre. I don't think there is any work around for this.

Does anyone know if the mobile subscriptions list on FB has any functionality regarding syncing to the Pre?
    I've had contacts added in about 72hours but new default pics seem to update daily...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast