Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
    So it seems like the Facebook sync is only done for the first time that you sync? Any new entries are not getting sync? That sucks? I've seen this too and it doesn't matter how much I do the manual sync or update my Facebook settings to synch with Palm still nothing gets updated... Lame!
  2. Spunks3's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #22  
    after a couple of days my pre seems to pick and choose who (new friends) it wants to sync. a friend i added on the 11th showed up today, as well as someone from the 13th... but they have been syncing, just taking a couple of days
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Palm miscalculated when they thought we wanted all our FB contacts on our phone, especially since most of most people's FB friends you would never call or email, so while you would want them as FB friends you don't want them synced on to your Pre. I don't think there is any work around for this.
    This is exactly why I won't sync with Facebook...anyone I actually want to contact is already in my phone, I don't want all the other acquaintances cluttering up my phone book!
  4. #24  
    i just wish you could remove certain contacts that facebook automatically added from your phone
  5. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mw2009 View Post
    This is exactly why I won't sync with Facebook...anyone I actually want to contact is already in my phone, I don't want all the other acquaintances cluttering up my phone book!
    Agreed. I will not sync to facebook for this reason. The people you already contact daily have their photo and all their contact info and WAY better photos than what the person has as their profile pic on facebook.

    When Palm decides to pull their heads out their asses and push an update that fixes the facebook sync issue and provides a choice of who/what info to sync, then and only then will facebook be synced in my pre.
  6. turtle3's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mw2009 View Post
    This is exactly why I won't sync with Facebook...anyone I actually want to contact is already in my phone, I don't want all the other acquaintances cluttering up my phone book!
    Universal search.
  7. #27  
    I think some of you guys just need to relax or just take your phone back.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    I think some of you guys just need to relax or just take your phone back.
    +1
  9. #29  
    I clicked on "attending" for the "Meet the Palm Pre" event this Thursday in Facebook. It added it to my Facebook calendar and within a half hour it was synced with the calendar on my Pre.
  10. #30  
    Has anyone on the Facebook website gone to settings under notifications under the other applications expanded it and turned on Palm Sync to see if that solved your problem?
    Last edited by sdsoundguy; 06/16/2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: did not put in full instructions fixed now
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsoundguy View Post
    Has anyone on the Facebook website gone to settings under notifications under the other applications expanded it and turned on Palm Sync to see if that solved your problem?
    I did not even realize that was there. Turned it on, let's see what it does.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I did not even realize that was there. Turned it on, let's see what it does.
    Me neither. Turned it on and am sycning now...been waiting 5+ days for new friends to pop into my Pre unsuccessfully. Hopefully this fixes it.

    Edit: This didnt do anything. Facebook is officially not syncing new friends (for my Pre/ FB acc anyways).
  13. Irix's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #33  
    Well, I added friends to Facebook last Wednesday. 2 of the 3 of them are still not in my contacts list. Although one did magically show up...

    yes, I've signed in and hit sync multiple times. And the palm sync thing has been enabled the entire time in facebook.

    IMO this is pretty unacceptable. If the phone is going to rely on these services for it's contact information it needs to work right. So those complaining are correct, this is a major bug.

    Not sure how this made it past Q&A...
    Last edited by Irix; 06/17/2009 at 10:06 AM.
  14. Irix's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    I think some of you guys just need to relax or just take your phone back.
    Relax... perhaps. I myself am not worked up about it.

    However your attempt and making the issue lesser by downplaying everyone's reactions is a bit off.

    The Facebook sync is a major (BUG) issue for the palm pre. It's 'synergy' contact list is failing... it's one of the phones main features. Ya know?

    Not sure how you missed that...

    Yes, I'm sure it'll get fixed very soon, this is why I'm not too upset about it (plus I use google as my main account for sync). But in all honesty this should have been caught by Q&A at Palm and everyone does have good reason to be unhappy about it. Especially if you count on this feature to be working for your daily phone use.

    Someone in Palm's Q@A dept. should get slapped with a large trout for letting this through.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irix View Post
    Relax... perhaps. I myself am not worked up about it.

    However your attempt and making the issue lesser by downplaying everyone's reactions is a bit off.

    The Facebook sync is a major (BUG) issue for the palm pre. It's 'synergy' contact list is failing... it's one of the phones main features. Ya know?

    Not sure how you missed that...

    Yes, I'm sure it'll get fixed very soon, this is why I'm not too upset about it (plus I use google as my main account for sync). But in all honesty this should have been caught by Q&A at Palm and everyone does have good reason to be unhappy about it. Especially if you count on this feature to be working for your daily phone use.

    Someone in Palm's Q@A dept. should get slapped with a large trout for letting this through.
    Maybe their QA people don't have a lot of friends?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  16. Irix's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Maybe their QA people don't have a lot of friends?
    ROFL, indeed!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsoundguy View Post
    Has anyone on the Facebook website gone to settings under notifications under the other applications expanded it and turned on Palm Sync to see if that solved your problem?
    i don't understand why that is there. How does FB know I need to palm sync
  18. #38  
    Yeah this facebook thing definitely needs to be fixed. I have almost 400 friends on facebook that I accumulated while in school. I don't have the time or patience to sync these contacts and manually link the ones I want. What they should do is have Facebook create a Palm Pre friend list and Palm only sync the contacts in that friend list. Problem solved...it sounds so easy right? haha
  19. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #39  
    Hey guys, I am too having the same anoyying issue but I just thought about something maybe this is the bug? I also have gotten 3 new contacts, with only one of them syncing to my phone.. but I think (and im not 100% sure) but the 2 contacts that are NOT showing up as synced added me, and the one contact that is showing up as synced I added them... maybe that is the glitch in the matrix? Someone please confirm? I will try deleting the 2 ppl that added me from my friends list on facebook and them try re-adding them to see if anything should change..

    on another note I just added the sync w/ palm option (which i had no clue was there) and almost dont get why that is there... interesting.
  20. chichi's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #40  
    ADD: If this is the case this little bug can become quite a convenient contact manager as those ppl that add you (whom you may not want in your contacts can just be on FB alone) and not "clutter" your phone book, but those that you add can be synced.. thats pretty sweet for a work around anyway. But thats pending this is the unsyncing issue anyway..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions