Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there any way at the moment to sync the PrPrPr $via$ $cable$ $or$ $BT$?
    I don't know but I hope/wish the is soemthing
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Have you looked at Missing Sync for the Pre? Its from Mark Space. Currently its in beta so its free for now. When I get my Pre I am going to use it. I use the Palm OS version to sync my Centro and it works great. Looks like the Mac version is only available but the Windows version is coming soon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paterick View Post
    Have you looked at Missing Sync for the Pre? Its from Mark Space. Currently its in beta so its free for now. When I get my Pre I am going to use it. I use the Palm OS version to sync my Centro and it works great. Looks like the Mac version is only available but the Windows version is coming soon.
    Yes, but it also works only via Wi-Fi network.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Interesting. I didn't realize that syncing was only through Wi-Fi. I thought it was just a another option in addition to syncing using a cable of bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paterick View Post
    I emailed them to ask if the windows version will support usb sync. I hope they do as I am in a situation where we don't have wifi at work or eas and I need my calendar on my pre...and I don't want my work calendar on my google calendar. Somebody will come out with a solution I am hoping.
    Missing sync for windows will only be via wifi according to missing sync support response. Sucks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    I emailed them to ask if the windows version will support usb sync. I hope they do as I am in a situation where we don't have wifi at work or eas and I need my calendar on my pre...and I don't want my work calendar on my google calendar. Somebody will come out with a solution I am hoping.
    That's my problem as well. I don't want to sync my laptop and my phone through a google account, it's not too practical.
    After working through an issue with PocketMirror with Chapura, one of my questions to them was about the possibility of USB connection sync feature by time PocketMirror is ready for full release. I got an interesting response:

"The USB sync may remain a limitation that Palm keeps on the device."
    Longtime Palm fan - I love the innovation of the Pre, but this is arbitrary, stupid and significantly impacts the ability to use the device in a work environment. In order to sync my Pre with my laptop at work, I have to go sit in the bathroom, because the company wifi is not strong enough in my office. This serves no purpose.
    Using my Pre to help run: www.at-peace.net

Sharp Zaurus->HP Jornada->Sony Clie T615->Treo 650 (CDMA)->Treo 755p->Palm Pre (Disappointed) -> Iphone4 (Happy)
    Wifi was a pain for me too because I don't normally connect my PC directly to my wireless router. After trading several e-mails with Chapura, I ended up giving in and picking up a wireless USB adapter that I now only enable when I want to resync.
    maybe once the sdk is released and Palm allow developers to dive deeper into the Pre someone will come up with possibility. My company does not have wifi and I need a solution to sync my phone, I hate to enter a calendar item to my Outlook then have to enter thst same information on the phone. I would prefer not having to sync outlook to google and exchange functionality is broken...I guess time will tell.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    After working through an issue with PocketMirror with Chapura, one of my questions to them was about the possibility of USB connection sync feature by time PocketMirror is ready for full release. I got an interesting response:

I won't buy any WebOS phone if this problem remains unsolved.

Easy, fast and stable desktop synchronization is the reason why I've been using Palm PDA-s and phones in the last 5 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I suspected this all along. If Pocet Mirror came out with a limited functioning sync you know it couldn't have been their choice.

This is sad from my perspective since I need a full direct sync between Outlook and my device including all PIM components.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    [QUOTE=The USB sync may remain a limitation that Palm keeps on the device."[/QUOTE]

Why would palm want to keep people from syncing via usb?
    Guess I'm stuck syncing my work calendar to a google account....less than ideal since I try and keep my work and personal calendars separate so I need to create another gmail account just for this....the other issue is the google calendar sync app is very very basic.

Hopefully there is other options that pop up soon.
    It would be nice if Palm isn't going to allow USB sync to allow the Wifi to connect to an adhoc network so I can connect my laptop to my phone to complete a sync....
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    Guess I'm stuck syncing my work calendar to a google account....less than ideal since I try and keep my work and personal calendars separate so I need to create another gmail account just for this....the other issue is the google calendar sync app is very very basic.

Hopefully there is other options that pop up soon.
    Instead of creating another GMAIL account, just create another calendar under your existing, and change the colors.. .That's how I manage five calendars.
    Quote Originally Posted by imtravis View Post
    Instead of creating another GMAIL account, just create another calendar under your existing, and change the colors.. .That's how I manage five calendars.
    Where do you configure the google/outlook calendar sync app to sync with that other calendar? My main google calendar has all my personal stuff.

This is overall stupid....I'm loving this phone but this workaround makes no sense.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I was very disappointed about the lack of USB connection too. My home network is all N band, but it's a dual band router, so I set up a second wireless connection on G band just for the Pre so I could use Pocket Mirror. I need to sync with Outlook.

I still would like to have a USB option, but the Wi-FI connection works quite well, and it allows me to connect to the Web at much faster speeds than the celluar connection. I'm surprised at how often I use the web connection at home with the Pre.

Pocket Mirror has been working very well. The beta version only syncs contacts and calendar but I suspect they will add functionality. I will certainly purchase it when the release version is out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast