Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Coming over from hotmail. Whats with all the advertisements? Links to see news, videos..etc...kind of lame. Heck I cant even make a "saved email folder"????

I need simple and this is turning into a pain.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    It's just you.
    Hotmail has wayyy more advertisements than Gmail. In fact Gmail only has text advertisements (which you can control btw) while hotmail has huge banners. Also, theres an archiving feature that lets you "save" emails in a sense, unless you mean something else.

In short- its just you.
    You save emails by archiving them and by labels.

They don't have to sit in your inbox forever.
    I don't remember a single ad in gmail. Seriously.

IMAP/POP it if you can't sleep at night. I love gmail/google calendar/google contacts/google everything. It's the cloud for me. YMMV.
    Yeah, gmail is great man. It has so many features. Hotmail accounts always get spammed like crazy too.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    You cant compare them because they work in a totally different way. I came from Hotmail too and it took me a little bit to get used to the tags instead of folders, but now I like it a lot. Its just a little bit of a learning curve.
    You complain about advertisements when hotmail embeds them IN the emails you send? I would rather read advertisements then send them with professional emails.

You create "groups" with gmail, at first I hated it then I loved it. You click on an email and add it to a group with a certain color, all the emails are in the same place but once you group it you can see which email goes in which group. After that then you can filter. Easy peasy
    yea man its just you. hotmail FTL
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Watch a few tutorials on Gmail concepts, and you may then see why most people think it's the best available.
    I don't even us Gmail interface, I just use it as a backend for Thunderbird and the Pre.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Coming over from hotmail. Whats with all the advertisements? Links to see news, videos..etc...kind of lame. Heck I cant even make a "saved email folder"????

Hey that's great.

Yeah, its just you. I guess it could be hard coming from the pretty banner ads and great advertising junk mail of hotmail, but you get used to it. Seriously, once you figure out the ins and outs of gmail, it makes everything else look like 1999.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

gmail has labels. They are much like folders except that you can have multiple labels on a single message. The "move to" button will set a label and remove the message from your in-box in one operation.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Sorry... it's just you. I've been on Gmail for years (after hosting my own email because Hotmail got way too much spam) and I love Gmail.
  16.    #16  
    Well, if yall could help me on my other thread that i just started I would apreciate it. How do i import my saved email folder from hotmail to gmail. I am importing emails but this folder hasnt imported to gmail

I have started a thread for all this...please help me so i dont think that it "sucks" so bad.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity.... why is this in the Palm Pre forum?
  18.    #18  
    Guys I started a new thread ...please HELP
    I can't stand Gmail, either as a Web app or on the Pre. I don't like that my Gmail messages don't seem to stay in my Inbox for some reason, and so to see stuff I haven't yet seen I need to navigate back to "All Mail." Maybe this is because my home system is grabbing my Gmail periodically, but if so I'd still much rather it be like Yahoo (and just about every other email system I know) that simply keeps email in my Inbox but marks it as read when my home system grabs the messages.

This is particularly a problem because Gmail messages in All Mail don't show up (for me) in All Inboxes on the Pre.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Out of curiosity.... why is this in the Palm Pre forum?
    Not a bad thread, because 1) the Pre is tied so closely to Google that a person might be tempted to switch to a Gmail account and 2) Gmail does work differently on a Pre than other email accounts.

See my post above.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast