Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I also HATE gmail.... glad to hear others feel the same way. I just can't stand the whole label/archive paradigm. Can't stand it. For me, I yahoo mail is still the best and I really like Zimbra as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Not a bad thread, because 1) the Pre is tied so closely to Google that a person might be tempted to switch to a Gmail account and 2) Gmail does work differently on a Pre than other email accounts.

See my post above.
    In that context, yes, it would be perfectly appropriate.... but the OP never mentions the Pre, or gmail in relation to the Pre, just Gmail.....
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Maybe this is because my home system is grabbing my Gmail periodically, but if so I'd still much rather it be like Yahoo (and just about every other email system I know) that simply keeps email in my Inbox but marks it as read when my home system grabs the messages.
    1) If you set the mail client your home system to use IMAP instead of POP3, or at least tell it to leave a copy on the server it shouldn't mess with the contents of your inbox.

2) I'm pretty sure any folder you put a star by on the Pre will show up under "all inboxes"

-n8
    I'm sure the Pre works better with Google than it's own darn G1 phone.

Me? I bought a gmail beta invite on eBay many years ago. Glad I did b/c my email / google profile is awesome.

OP, if you miss hotmail, just go back. Done. I think gmail is 100% better, IMO. Google knows what it's doing. No, it's not hotmail, but it's not intended to be. Use gmail for a while. You'll become a believer.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    In that context, yes, it would be perfectly appropriate.... but the OP never mentions the Pre, or gmail in relation to the Pre, just Gmail.....
    I am trying to switch to Gmail specifically because of my pre...so far its not going so well
  6.    #26  
    k so I archive a email...where the FVCK is the archive folder?
    Wow, I think you just need to go back to microsoft land.

Gmail is superior to just about every email service ever conceived of.

There are no folders in gmail, it completely defeats the purpose of the archive/label/search paradigm.

Your archived email is in "all mail".

you find the email you want by using the ultra powerful search feature, or by creating labels.

Spend a week with it, you'll never go back.
  8.    #28  
    Why put labels on EVERYTHING? I delete unwanted emails. I have one freaking "saved email" folder on hotmail. Google doesnt give you the option to make a saved email folder along with sent, new, trash, etc...?..If not HELLA LAME.
  9.    #29  
    Ok gmail fanboys..why is it not importing my saved email folder from hotmail into gmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Why put labels on EVERYTHING? I delete unwanted emails. I have one freaking "saved email" folder on hotmail. Google doesnt give you the option to make a saved email folder along with sent, new, trash, etc...?..If not HELLA LAME.
    I rarely label anything at all. Archive and search. As simple as it gets. No need to ever delete anything.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    k so I archive a email...where the FVCK is the archive folder?
    See, your mindset is not even ready for gmail. There are no folders, thats the sweetness of it.

i have used MANY email systems and i always use gmail on the web. so easy and simple.

We use lotus notees at work, i want to stick a pencil in my eye every time i have to use it...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    I rarely label anything at all. Archive and search. As simple as it gets. No need to ever delete anything.
    I really didnt use labels either until i started doing projects where i was email a bunch of different people about different things. It would have been very hard to search and grab all the email about that project. SO, i used labels, learned to love em.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I really didnt use labels either until i started doing projects where i was email a bunch of different people about different things. It would have been very hard to search and grab all the email about that project. SO, i used labels, learned to love em.
    yeah, i can see that. I use labels for all the different POP3 accounts I have forwarded to my gmail.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Just create a dang label called "saved" then. Geesh!

If want to think of it simplistically, labels are folders in Gmail.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I thought Google had an option of "Folders". I thought they just limited the number of lables to one and changed the icon. lol
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Took me a while to get used to gmail myself. Now it is my main account and I have most of all my other emails getting pulled into here. They're automatically labeled to go into the email they come from, but also go into my inbox. If I need to keep it I moved it solely to that label otherwise I delete it.

However I'm still hesitant to use gmail to store all my contact info for the simple fact that it pulls all email ever sent to. That can be a mess on my contacts on the Pre.
  17.    #37  
    Where is the setting to have gmail delete the message from my hotmail account once it has already been forwarded to my gmail? Also how do I set up gmail to forward any emails from my hotmail to gmail AFTER 30 days?...you will have to exceuse me I am a little ignorant on whatever POP IMAP....or whatever is
    As far as spam goes, Gmail is the best - hardly any spam in my Inbox. Hotmail is the worst. Yahoo has a far bit of spam too but loses out to Gmail since it does not support IMAP Idle.
    So Gamil FTW
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    I get ZERO ads anywhere in gmail. I must be doing something right. I also get zero spam. Maybe it's not the best I don't know but ads are not an issue.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    If you have been a MSN or Hotmail user for years. Why bother with G-Mail when you can set hotmail up in Outlook and get it on the Pre that away.....
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast