1.    #1  
    For being so integrated with GMail and FB, I am surprised at the lack of some basic things.

For one, a FB app. The mobile version of the website sucks and doesn't even render properly on my Pre some of the time.

As for GMail, there really needs to be a way to archive messages that is faster than the 4-click method of opening the email and moving it to another folder. How about left swipe = delete; right swipe = archive? I know this wouldn't work for other email providers and considering Android Google doesn't want to be "too" functional on the Pre but come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    As for GMail, there really needs to be a way to archive messages that is faster than the 4-click method of opening the email and moving it to another folder. How about left swipe = delete; right swipe = archive? I know this wouldn't work for other email providers and considering Android Google doesn't want to be "too" functional on the Pre but come on.
    You can set the "Delete" folder to "All Mail" and then you'll be archiving it with the swipe method.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I agree as for the fb app...back in december at ces they may it sound like the pre and fb were going to be best of friends...but now its like it was added at the last second.
  4.    #4  
    But then you can't actually delete messages?

I suppose that is a good workaround for a step-up but I would really like to be able to do both. I probably archive 60% and delete 40% so it doesn't do a lot for me.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    agreed. It is a GLARING ommision. the lack of a facebook app is embarrassing, considering every other platform has one..even winmo! Also for the fact that facebook is a marketed key part of the Pre experience and is even in their commercials...and isn't facebook a preferred partner? why is there no app?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane112358 View Post
    But then you can't actually delete messages?

I suppose that is a good workaround for a step-up but I would really like to be able to do both. I probably archive 60% and delete 40% so it doesn't do a lot for me.
    It depends on what you do more. Since you archive more often this would be better for you. When you want to delete then you would move the email to the delete folder. It's like that on all email clients unless you know one that actually has an Archive and a Delete button which I have yet to see.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Regarding fb, I don't have experience with other mobile apps for comparison, but the full fb site comes across very well IMO. Sure, a dedicated app would need a little less panning, but fb pages are very busy no matter how you slice em. Plus, the format is familiar. Agreed that the "x" fb site is garbage.
    The gmail problem is a little more complex than you're making it sound. The problem is that your gmail account is just one of many email accounts you can have on the pre. Most email clients do not have an archive feature.

To build in special cases for gmail, or for any other mail service for that matter, is a little cumbersome.

Be happy they allow you to change the "trash" folder in the first place.