Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I haven’t gotten a Pre yet but I’m sure I will as soon as they become re-available. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to silence email notifications during certain hours (ie: nighttime). Or can you stop email sync all together during certain hours like you can using “peak hours” on WM. I get emails all night and do not want to have alerts going off while sleeping but need for calls to still ring through to wake me up.

Thanks for the help and I apologize if this has already been covered… couldn’t find it in a search…
    You can use the switch to put it on vibrate. Otherwise, you could manually switch the checking interval to 24hours or so.
    I sleep through mine
    Also, you could lower the system sound volume but keep the ringtone volume up
    push the ringer switch
    There is no sound on mine when i get an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceburn68 View Post
    I haven’t gotten a Pre yet but I’m sure I will as soon as they become re-available. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to silence email notifications during certain hours (ie: nighttime). Or can you stop email sync all together during certain hours like you can using “peak hours” on WM. I get emails all night and do not want to have alerts going off while sleeping but need for calls to still ring through to wake me up.

Thanks for the help and I apologize if this has already been covered… couldn’t find it in a search…
    There is not a way to tell the Pre its night time that I can find and I really miss this. I have long been a user of chatter and I am missing several of its functions. I miss being able to silence it at specific hours and being able to change the tones for specific email accounts (or being able to change the tones at all). The phone is amazing and I hope they will implement these features from chatter w/ future updates.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Yea turning off the email chimes at night is a real pain. I can flip the ringer switch along the top, but that also kills the ringer. If someone calls for something important I'll miss it.
    A little off topic, but mine was driving me nuts all day today; here I am trying to conserve battery and every time I got an email the screen would come on (along with a beep) with the email notification. Finally found the setting under Screen and Lock to disable notifications when the screen is locked. Now it just beeps, which is fine by me.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm too picky about my email clients. I'm using web mail for a few more revs of webOS, until they have something mature. This is just one more reason I'm glad for the decision.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherwayne View Post
    There is not a way to tell the Pre its night time that I can find and I really miss this. I have long been a user of chatter and I am missing several of its functions. I miss being able to silence it at specific hours and being able to change the tones for specific email accounts (or being able to change the tones at all). The phone is amazing and I hope they will implement these features from chatter w/ future updates.
    Thanks for the help ... I was affraid that was the answer... I don't understand why they have such a hard time adding the feature in...

To thosee who suggested switching the ringer switch I still need calls to actually alert and I use the alarm as well so that doesn't work...

Thanks again... I guessll'ss wait for 3rd party to once again fix Palm's mistakes...
    There is also a setting within the preferences for the email account where you can turn on or off sound and on or off vibrate. I think the default is for no sound or vibrate, since I don't recall changing these, if those may be an option for you.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceburn68 View Post
    Thanks for the help ... I was affraid that was the answer... I don't understand why they have such a hard time adding the feature in...

To thosee who suggested switching the ringer switch I still need calls to actually alert and I use the alarm as well so that doesn't work...

Thanks again... I guessll'ss wait for 3rd party to once again fix Palm's mistakes...
    I too have audio alerts turned off for e-mail-- I don't need my phone chiming every time an e-mail comes in, it'd be chiming all day. I only hear alerts for texts, calendar events, and then of course my phone rings when someone calls.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j2lawson View Post
    There is also a setting within the preferences for the email account where you can turn on or off sound and on or off vibrate. I think the default is for no sound or vibrate, since I don't recall changing these, if those may be an option for you.
    Thats what I do now, but its a pain to go in there and change it for multiple emails every night and then back in the morning.
    One thing you can try is to turn the System sounds off, there's a toggle for that under Sounds. That will shut off the Sounds for emails and SMS. The regular ringer will still work unless you turn it down.. I tried it last night, and I turned off the system sounds, I wanted to see if the Alarm would still work, and sure enough, it did... So the alarm will still work if you have the system sounds off.. When I say the system sounds, I don't mean the Vibrate switch at the top, just be clear. Its under the sound preferences... This is what I do at night..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    That's one thing I miss about non Palm phones: you could turn the ringer off, but the alarm would still sound in the morning.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    I too have audio alerts turned off for e-mail-- I don't need my phone chiming every time an e-mail comes in, it'd be chiming all day. I only hear alerts for texts, calendar events, and then of course my phone rings when someone calls.
    I think i'll go with this... i'm already used to my phone beeping for emails all day but i can live with just vibrate, plus the people around me will probably be thankful... call me crazy but is the vibrate loud? My Treo 700wx just vibrating can wake me up without any alert sound in the morning it is so loud...
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    One thing you can try is to turn the System sounds off, there's a toggle for that under Sounds. That will shut off the Sounds for emails and SMS. The regular ringer will still work unless you turn it down.. I tried it last night, and I turned off the system sounds, I wanted to see if the Alarm would still work, and sure enough, it did... So the alarm will still work if you have the system sounds off.. When I say the system sounds, I don't mean the Vibrate switch at the top, just be clear. Its under the sound preferences... This is what I do at night..
    Ill give that a try, thx.
    I have three email accounts on my phone and I have switched the two personal ones to OFF when it comes to Play Sound and Vibrate but I have left Show Notiification on.
    Go to Email Press top left hand corner and go into preferences and account. There choose the email account to change and go to the options under New Messages. Vibrate will appear when you turn the sound off.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmit View Post
    I have three email accounts on my phone and I have switched the two personal ones to OFF when it comes to Play Sound and Vibrate but I have left Show Notiification on.
    Go to Email Press top left hand corner and go into preferences and account. There choose the email account to change and go to the options under New Messages. Vibrate will appear when you turn the sound off.
    Good idea ... unfortunately for me i have backup server logs rolling in all night to my work account so i'll just kill sound to all my email accounts...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast