Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As of today, my Pre now syncs each of the 5 major PIM categories: Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Memos.

Here's my setup:

1. Email: Push email with my gmail account. Works great, syncs to the cloud and accessible from my desktop.

2. Calendar: Syncs with Google Calendar. Works great - I wish the "All" calendar view was more colorful on the Pre.

3. Contacts: Google Contacts. Syncs with my Gmail and Google Voice contacts lists. I love how the Pre pulls the Facebook pictures and associates them with the contacts. I never used the actual "Contacts" app, but just select a contact from the keyboard.

4. Tasks: The iphone mobile website for Remember The Milk works great. See my post on this here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...mber-milk.html

This will work fine until Remember the Milk releases a separate app. As a heavy task user, $20/year for the "pro" version of Remember the Milk is worth it for me. Head and shoulders above any other task program. Syncs with the cloud and integrates with Gmail and Google Calendar.

5. Memos: Evernote app, just now available in the App Catalog. Evernote rocks on the desktop, and now syncs with my Pre! And it's free.

Finally - The Pre memos app. Not really a memo app, but like Dieter pointed out in his review, it's more like a "post it note" app. It works fine for that purpose.

These PIM apps - along with Splash ID now available (again) - my Pre has everything it needs to roll. (It took 5 whole days from launch, sheesh!) Everything else now is just gravy.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing your setup.
    thanks great info, picking my pre up tomorrow
    no matter what username i type i cant log in on the evernote on pre
    any idea what problem may be? i tried on wifi and EVDO
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    no matter what username i type i cant log in on the evernote on pre
    any idea what problem may be? i tried on wifi and EVDO
    Do you have an Evernote account already? If not, you need to make an account on the desktop. Then it should work on the Pre.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Do you have an Evernote account already? If not, you need to make an account on the desktop. Then it should work on the Pre.
    i registered today on the computer
    then download and ran the program

but no matter what combo nation i type it, it'll always get stuck in loading

guess im the only one with this problem, weird
    How did you get your calendar to work? I have followed the instructions carefully twice, doing a hard reset (complete erase) in between. The google calendar freezes on my pre and will not move. A couple of others have written the board about that also. Suggestions?? I even went from Palm desktop to outlook hot sync to see if that would help. It did not.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Can you access RTM tasks when offline?
    Evernote is the best and now available on the Pre this is great. I was not anticipating Evernote being on the Pre but am glad I it is. I was beginning to search for alternate online solutions. Between Evernote and SplashID, we are definatly getting somewhere. Let's hope the apps keep on coming.
    My calendar also failed to work in the beginning. It was bringing the 5 calendars onto the Pre but nothing was showing up on the screen. I was even getting the alerts about my appointments while there was nothing showing up on the calendar.

I finally removed the old Google wordart calendar for holidays and the weather calendar that I was using (neither of which Google supports any longer) by logging onto my Google Calendar account from my desktop. Now it works perfectly.
    I've installed Evernote on my Pre and the desktop version on my desktop. How do I sync the notes from Outlook to my Pre through Evernote?
    Solution for the calendar problem:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-calendar.html
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    It is actually pretty cool. I was just reading this thread and decided to go for it (I really missed my notes).

I went into Outlook, into notes, and highlighted all of my notes.

I clicked the evernote icon and chose to send them all to evernote.

I then used the evernote app on my desktop to tell it to synchronize with the cloud.

I opened evernote on my Pre and updated the cache.

I am only bummed that you have to log in to get the app to open (I went on airplane mode to test it. I just want to be able to access my notes even if I am out of signal range. Although it does seem like it needs it just to unlock the app, so even spotty coverage makes the app usable.

Dave
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    is there some way to be able to get my several hundred notes in Outlook to the pre without evernote? I don't want to have to rely upon having an internet connection just to see my notes...
    I use the exact same setup. Google and Evernote is awsome. Evernote will get constantly better as they have on every other platform they develop for. I am also loving "Remember the Milk" and find the iphone site works great but I am still hoping for a Pre standalone app.

Everyone needs to send "Remember the Milk" an email asking for a WebOS standalone client for the Pre! Please take 5 seconds and use this link Remember The Milk - Help / Help by Email / Suggest a feature
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    i'd say post in the thread in the ideas forum instead, so that you will be tallied up in the reply count instead of just having your email glanced at and deleted: Remember The Milk - Forums / Ideas / Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Thanks +1
    I used to love Jott because it would send my tasks as emails - my email inbox is really my task list for most of my work.

Now that Jott's a paid service, I send myself an email with a subject of "task: ". I set up my Gmail account to automatically send emails from me with the word "task" in the subject line to a Task folder, and have that folder starred on my Pre.

I now have all of my "to do" items in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Thanks +1
    you're doing it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I use the exact same setup. Google and Evernote is awsome. Evernote will get constantly better as they have on every other platform they develop for. I am also loving "Remember the Milk" and find the iphone site works great but I am still hoping for a Pre standalone app.

Everyone needs to send "Remember the Milk" an email asking for a WebOS standalone client for the Pre! Please take 5 seconds and use this link Remember The Milk - Help / Help by Email / Suggest a feature
    Just curious, how will a separate Pre app allow cloud-less access? The reason I ask is, Evernote also has a separate Pre app; however, I still must be connected to the cloud to have access. Maybe both apps should be like the Calendar/Contacts/Email apps that retain the latest info even when offline?

Just curious...

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast