1.    #1  
    How come when I have a Google calendar, the Pre calendar, and iCal on my Mac syncing together, through Synergy and also using Missing Sync, do I get holidays and birthdays listed 3, sometimes 4 times?! WTF?! Shouldn't these programs be smarter then this? I mean, if my Google calender is subscribed to the public Holidays calendar, and iCal is subscribed to the public Holidays calendar, shouldn't the whole idea of "synergy" mean that I only see Independence Day listed ONCE on July 4, not THREE TIMES?

What the heck am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    How come when I have a Google calendar, the Pre calendar, and iCal on my Mac syncing together, through Synergy and also using Missing Sync, do I get holidays and birthdays listed 3, sometimes 4 times?! WTF?! Shouldn't these programs be smarter then this? I mean, if my Google calender is subscribed to the public Holidays calendar, and iCal is subscribed to the public Holidays calendar, shouldn't the whole idea of "synergy" mean that I only see Independence Day listed ONCE on July 4, not THREE TIMES?

What the heck am I doing wrong?
    Like you, I'm finding the syncing from Palm Desktop to Google calendar to Pre to be a miserable experience.

The only positive thing is that I discovered iCal -- which has been on my iMac and I've never used. Has anyone been able to sync iCal with the Pre and bypassing Google and other 3rd parties?

Robyn
    This has been miserable for me too. I'm frustrated enough to consider mark/space or other 3rd party options. I just don't think Google sync is going to do for me.
  4. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Yeah, doesn't seem so optimal at this point. Unfortunately, I can't find a 'purge all old events' option either
    I think I'm going to have to reset the Pre. Thankfully I backed up all my contacts and calendars before all this nonsense started. What's happening now is I restore ical on my macbook, can get it to sync with google calendar, but then when the pre syncs everything gets corrupted again- doubling events, contacts etc.