1.    #1  
    Is it just me or does the facebook not auto update?

Posting from my pre btw.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    You mean the profile pics? I'm not so sure... a friend changed his pic this morning and I still haven't seen a change on the phone. I thought everything is constantly updated???
    I'm pretty sure it does it only once a day.
  4.    #4  
    That's what I mean. I thought everything is constantly updated, which would include facebook. I'm talking statuses and emails and notifications
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    no, it seems like facebook is only synced every 24 hours.
  6.    #6  
    24 hrs? I know people who update their **** every 5 minutes. 24hrs is not very good. Should be a way to change the intervals of updating
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjelaphant View Post
    24 hrs? I know people who update their **** every 5 minutes. 24hrs is not very good. Should be a way to change the intervals of updating
    I'm referring to friends showing up in your contact list.
    Yea, I read that it autoupdates every 24 hours. But you can force it by opening the contacts screen > contacts > preferences > sync now
    Follow Me On

That's what I mean. I thought everything is constantly updated, which would include facebook. I'm talking statuses and emails and notifications
    I'm hoping that a Facebook app will update status and such. But, not sure where in the Pre those are relevant yet, at least relative to Facebook.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10.    #10  
    I'm talking about statuses and emails. Not contact info. I know I can sync that whenever and it does that itself.

I'm talking about this: lets say I have a facebook card open. I expect the card to update whenever there is something new, especially with emails.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Facebook doesn't have a dedicated app yet for the Pre, so its really just a webpage you are looking at.

And I think the webpage needs to manually be refreshed to see new statuses and messages.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I'm talking about statuses and emails. Not contact info. I know I can sync that whenever and it does that itself.

I'm talking about this: lets say I have a facebook card open. I expect the card to update whenever there is something new, especially with emails.
    oh, for me, yea. I just use go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook and I can see status updates right away.
  13.    #13  
    Well I guess there needs to be an auto updating facebook app
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Well I guess there needs to be an auto updating facebook app
    are there certain people's updates you are looking for? you should just subscriber to them via sms on facebook. That way you'll get a text every time they update their status.
    How come so many of my facebook contact's pictures arent showing up?
  16.    #16  
    Good idea for now.until someone can come up with a facebook app
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Seeing that Palm advertise the Pre as a facebook phone...I think they are working on a unique facebook app that does more than just checking up on statuses. Like a built in chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberstven View Post
    How come so many of my facebook contact's pictures arent showing up?
    Click on the contact & then click on the profile picture. It will expand. You will see the multiple linked accounts (if there are any). Click on the one that has a pic (probably the one obtained from Facebook) and then "Set As Primary Profile". It will make that pic show up.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Click on the contact & then click on the profile picture. It will expand. You will see the multiple linked accounts (if there are any). Click on the one that has a pic (probably the one obtained from Facebook) and then "Set As Primary Profile". It will make that pic show up.
    I think the problem is different. I have 2 facebook friends with profile pictures but they refuse to show up on my Pre. I think it may have something to do with Privacy settings of those users in facebook. Or it might just be a random bug. But 2 out of 48 ain't bad.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah I heve that same problem too, with one of ny friends. He's a privacy nut and all his online stuff is set to the highest srttings. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case (at least for him)