Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,
    I'm having problems syncing entries with Google Calendar -- either those created within Google or on the Pre. I called the free 90-day Palm support and they told me that they are "currently having issues" with Google calendar sync, and that I have to wait up to 30 minutes for a sync to work, even if I do a manual sync.
    I'll update on whether or not this works and the ultimate solution, as they said to call back to be transferred to Level 3 if it continues not to work.
    Anybody else have this issue?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    My Google calendar is now a total mess!
    I had some issue in there and for me it turned out to be some holidays I uploaded.
    I also sync my Google calendar with Lightning in Thunderbird and I had uploaded a US holiday database I found online.

One, or some, of those recurring appointments was causing an issue delaying appointments.
    I could see there was something there in month view, but not in week or day view.

for me I ended up wiping out my whole google calendar and it's been working fine since.
    My google-Pre calendars were synching just fine...and then i used their data transfer tool to move all my outlook contacts/appts over...and now they won't sync in either direction. i'm going to start blowing out appts one-by-one to see what the block is, or maybe i'll just do what showson1 did and blow it all out to start over. be wary of that data-transfer tool as it's been glitchy ever since.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Couldn't even get a manual sync to do anything. My phone had all my old Calendar info, but Google Calendar had nothing.

I took someone's advice and deleted the google account from the calendar app and it deleted my ENTIRE calendar. The phone thought the data it had was my Goggle calendar, so when I deleted the account, I lost everything.

Luckily, I had hotsynced my old Centro before upgrading. I used a program called Companion Link to fix everything. Their program syncs Palm Desktop data to Google Calendar (One way, or two-way). And, they offer the software as a 14 day free trial, which is a full, but time-limited version of the program.
    I installed it, configured it (Be careful, it will also try to sync your contacts and may create duplicates), and synced the last 1000 days from my old Palm Desktop calendar. Took 10 minutes. Then, reinstalled Google calendar as an account in the Calendar app on the phone and did a manual sync.

Voila! Everything is synced perfectly. And now, it seems that, at least manually, the calendar sync works.

Definitely try Companion Link before they realize that offering a free trial version is not in their best interest for Pre users. Since the phone syncs OTA, I never need that program again
    psm9 - Which version of Companion link did you download? ...Express, google, or Professional?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The one for google. Once you install it, use the "Settings" to determine exactly what gets synced. the Palm transfer assisstant worked well for me for my contacts, so I just synced my calendar. I synced back about 3000 days in the past (back to my old Palm V). Took 5 minutes and was done. I guess if you were going to continually use Palm Desktop, it makes sens to buy their product, but if not, the free trial is all you need.
    Thanks psm9.
    I was able to transfer my contacts as well.
    So, I just need to get my Palm Desktop calendar into the gmail calendar. ...about 11 years worth for me. I started with the first Palm Pilot!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    The program is very easy. Not sure what the max days back it will sync, but 3000 worked well.

Now, if wen just find a way to sync the memos somewhere....
    Just my luck!!! It does'nt work for me! I just got off the phone with Companion Link tech support. He had me email a log file so they can figure it out.
    Hopefully they will get back to me soon.
    Just FYI, I've had the same exact problem with my wifes Pre (we are trying to share the same google calendar) and not even deleting and re-adding worked. I finally figured out that when I added it, I wasn't giving it sufficient time for the initial sync. It tells you in a notification windows after you add the account that it is syncing. While it's doing this, if you start to fiddle with the calendar you wont get any future updates. I would imagine some data corruption occurs. Once I let it sync completely that 1st time, the thing has worked like a champ ever since.
    If I create or change an event in Google Calendar, how soon will it show up on my Pre? Does the Pre sync hourly or ever 2 hours? I've updated my calendar and it doesn't update on my Pre immediately? Anyone know the answer? (by the way, manual sync dosn't update it either)
    I picked up my Pre 3 hours ago and the Data Transfer went well. One thing that still isn't working is the Google contacts function. I go to Google and none of my Contacts are there yet. Any suggestions?
    I had a few problems using Companion Link (MY FAULT) and now that those are resolved, it worked perfectly!! It copied all of my contacts and calendar from my Palm Desktop to Gmail & Google calendar.
    I have to say that the Companion Link Techs were very helpful!
    I bought the Companion Link Google version and highly recommend it!

FYI - my issue was that I had multiple users set up in my Plam Desktop, and you need to have at least on entry in the contacts, calendar, memo and task categories in Palm Desktop for Companion Link to work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    I picked up my Pre 3 hours ago and the Data Transfer went well. One thing that still isn't working is the Google contacts function. I go to Google and none of my Contacts are there yet. Any suggestions?
    Try going to contact preferences, scroll down, and hit sync now. If you don't do it manually, sync with google contacts and calender is only every two hours.

Edit: I now see you posted this last night. Hope all is well by now.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    Just FYI, I've had the same exact problem with my wifes Pre (we are trying to share the same google calendar) and not even deleting and re-adding worked. I finally figured out that when I added it, I wasn't giving it sufficient time for the initial sync. It tells you in a notification windows after you add the account that it is syncing. While it's doing this, if you start to fiddle with the calendar you wont get any future updates. I would imagine some data corruption occurs. Once I let it sync completely that 1st time, the thing has worked like a champ ever since.
    I'm trying your suggestion, hopefully this fixes the stupid syncing issue....

Also, I just noticed something while I was doing that, I went to add my google calendar account, I put in my gmail address but left the password field blank... it logged in anyway and started syncing. I guess it already has my password saved somewhere from the contacts app.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Didn't want to create a new thread...so here's my case.

Entries done in Google Calendar on my computer Sync to my phone without a Problem. However the entries I type directly on my phone do not Sync to the Web version. I'm positive a couple of days ago I was able to get a couple of entries Synced, not sure what's wrong.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain2Me2 View Post
    Didn't want to create a new thread...so here's my case.

Entries done in Google Calendar on my computer Sync to my phone without a Problem. However the entries I type directly on my phone do not Sync to the Web version. I'm positive a couple of days ago I was able to get a couple of entries Synced, not sure what's wrong.
    This is my issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanrat10 View Post
    This is my issue as well.
    Same for me. It's been almost a week and the entries made on the phone have not appeared in the online calendar. Lame.
    My wife and I were also having this issue, however, we seem to have fixed it by NOT starting with data from the Data Transfer Assistant. Did you guys use DTA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast