Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    After data transfer from outlook and storing data on phone, I then set up google acounts to sync online. Now the palm profile calndar has veral events that are grey and cannot delete from my phone. How to delete them? Thanks
    For some reason webOS treats the Palm Profile Calendar different than all of the other Calendars. You can delete G-Calendar but no option for removing the Palm Profile Calendar exists...its annoying.

Plus, the only way to remove anything from the Palm Profile is to stop the back-up process (which deletes evrything in the cloud). I somehow had duplicates locked into the profile - I tried deleting them all from the google calendar, but the deletes did not propagate to the pre. So I had to stop the back-ups, but the events were still resident on the device, even after forcing a synch. I had to reset the device (partial) which wiped all data and preferences - contacts, calendar events, option settings. Now the calendar is empty, but so are my contacts. Had to reset everything.

It would be nice to be able to selectively wipe data sets from the cloud and/or device.

No matter, though - I love the phone and am very happy overall.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    When I erase the data and reset, it reloads the backup with the old data on it. How do I change or delete the present backup file?
    Go to the 'back up' preference application, and turn off back ups. This will erase whatever is in the Palm profile.

Then choose to 'reset' the device in the 'device info' app - carefully decide if you want to clean everything off the Palm Profile.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    Go to the 'back up' preference application, and turn off back ups. This will erase whatever is in the Palm profile.

Then choose to 'reset' the device in the 'device info' app - carefully decide if you want to clean everything off the Palm Profile.

Great, thanks. If I turn it off, then reset the device. Enter my info, then turn it back on, won't that work? Also in the data transfer, will I need to choose the option to back up on the device?
    How else can I clear up the palm profile calendar events that are greyed out?
    This does not delete the Profile, but on the calendar view from the Pre you can tap the upper right button labeled "ALL" and then select one calendar you want to view, instead of all calendars. This at least hides the calendar(s) events you dont want to see.
    How do you get events from your calendar into your Palm Profile anyway? I guess I don't really understand the whole Palm Profile thing...I just thought it backed up your data that's on your Pre from all of your various online sources.
    I don't know if I get it all clearly or nt, either, but my understanding is that the Palm Profile collects all of the data (calendar events, contacts, options you've selected, preferences). Then when you use the device this cloud of info is there as an always available source.

If you reset your device, it remembers everything and you lose nothing.

If you want to clear trash off the system, then reset everything after turning off the back up (which will delete all that data). Then there's nothing to re-load to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    For some reason webOS treats the Palm Profile Calendar different than all of the other Calendars. You can delete G-Calendar but no option for removing the Palm Profile Calendar exists...its annoying.

The image here states that the palm profile can't be customized. But this is at least partially true. You can change the colors:

1. Go into the menu and select 'Preferences & Accounts'. Scroll down to the accounts.
    2. Touch one of the accounts in the list. In the box the first thing will be a color name and a square on the right which is filled in with the selected color.
    3. Touch the square to bring up a color chooser.