1.    #1  
    Anyone know if this is possible?
    Motorola Q (Original) -> Palm Centro -> Palm 755p -> Palm 800w -> Palm Pre
    depends on the type of email you are using. for pop email it should be an option. for imap like the default gmail, you need to modify what happens when you delete the email. there's a post on here about how to do that for gmail archiving. i assume it's similar for exchange email.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    depends on the type of email you are using. for pop email it should be an option. for imap like the default gmail, you need to modify what happens when you delete the email. there's a post on here about how to do that for gmail archiving. i assume it's similar for exchange email.
    I use Yahoo... I was able to change the settings on my Treo 800, but I don't see where to get to those settings on the Pre...

Wouldn't happen to have the link to that post would you?
    Enter Advanced Account Settings
    1. Open Email .
    2. Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    3. Tap the account name.

Sync deleted emails (POP accounts only): Set whether messages should be deleted on the server when you delete them on your phone.
    Show Email: Set how many days’ worth of messages to retrieve from the server.
    Get Email: Set how frequently to synchronize email for this account.
    Default Folders (IMAP accounts only): Specify the folder where messages you send, save as drafts, or delete are stored.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Yes you can. It is an option when setting up accounts. I use Cox and Sprrintpcs accounts and set both to leave on server.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Sync deleted emails (POP accounts only): Set whether messages should be deleted on the server when you delete them on your phone.
    Show Email: Set how many daysí worth of messages to retrieve from the server.
    Get Email: Set how frequently to synchronize email for this account.
    Default Folders (IMAP accounts only): Specify the folder where messages you send, save as drafts, or delete are stored.

Ahhhhh... Yahoo is an Imap account... Thats why it doesn't show.
    just set the folder your deleted emails go to on the pre -- to a folder other than trash or deleted items.. like an archive folder.

Under Email, Preferences and Accounts, select Gmail.

Scroll down to the default folders section, then change the Trash folder to the Gmail/All Mail folder.

That will archive on Gmail all the email you delete on the Pre.
  9.    #9  
    Ok... I figured it out... If you let the Pre set up your Yahoo email automatically, it sets it up as an IMAP account so it will PUSH the email. The Pre doesn't give you an option to keep deleted mail on the server.

Sooooooooooo, I remembered that when I set up this same Yahoo account on my Treo that it was a POP account. So I got the incoming & outgoing POP servers off my Treo and manually set up my Yahoo account on the Pre and SHAZAM! It works!

Thank you all for your help...