Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm thinking ahead to the future, and am wondering if anyone has found a way to do this.

I want a way to export the Palm Profile contacts (IE, not Google contacts, but the ones associated with Palm) to a file. In any way possible.

One thing I consider critical is being able to back up my contacts. I don't want to have to always have a Pre to be able to retrieve them. The Treo made it easy; just Hotsync with Missing Sync on the Mac and there they are in Address Book. But with the way things were synced to the Pre, it appears to be a one way thing.

Any help here? Thanks in advance.
    I did the one way sync from Outlook to my Palm Profile. Then I changed the setting for my default Contacts (when I add new ones from the phone) To be saved to my exchange server. Or you can have them backed up via google where you could also extract them. So now I have all my contacts saved on Google, Palm Profile, and my exchange server. But when I add new numbers they go to my exchange server.
  3.    #3  
    If you have contacts in both Palm Profile and Google, will they duplicate?

I figure I can just export my contacts into google, then sync, but I'm worried about duplicate contacts...
    Yes but what if you are using Outlook locally and not from an exchange server.

I want to use my Outlook for Contact and Calender functions.

After reading, it does not look like it's possible to sync the two any longer if I get a Pre.

Thanks.

Rob

PS I had an appointment to pick one up tomorrow (Wed).
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Has anyone been able to figure out how to do what the OP asked? I'd also like to be able to pull data (contacts, calendar, etc) from the palm profile down to my computer at some point. Thx.
    anyone?
    I think the answers to the question here are not as simple as "yes, you can do this" or "no, you can't".

First, there is no way I know of to do this out of the box, with no add-ons. However, Chapura software has a package that will synchronize to standalone Outlook. They are working on a package that will synchronize to Palm's Windows based PIM as well.

However, neither of those, nor synchronizing with Google (or other cloud-based contact lists) is really backing up the database. It's synchronizing it, and may do what the OP intended generally speaking.

However, there is a database that contains the contact information (as well as other stored information on the Pre). Information about that, and how to access the data can be found on the developer's WIKI.

This would be the proper way to export the information that is contained on the Pre. Obviously, it would (at this point) take some work, but it could be done.
    I needed to move some contacts that had been inadvertently assigned to the palm profile even though I am using Gmail. I didn't have tons but I noticed a couple and wanted to check (and correct) any others that had been misplaced. If you are like me and had a few that you wanted to switch over to Gmail but they were still jammed in the Palm Profile, you can use the above instructions to figure out who actually needs to be switched. I have 843 contacts and looking through them individually to find out which 23 were in the palm profile didn't sound like fun.

Follow the instructions on the Wiki and download the firefox add in to manage the database. Look under com_palm_pim_Contact and click the "Browse & Search" tab at the top and then the "+" under com_palm_pim_Contact to expose the fields. Click on syncSource and it will sort the sync source in the database and place the locals (palm profile) on the top.

I didn't have that many so I just manually changed them (most were duplicates already in Gmail that I just deleted the palm profile for).

Hope this helps.
    Uhh..this is a old thread. It is much easier now via the export all contacts patch available in preware...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I couldn't find that patch in preware, but I did fine another that emails your contacts to you to convert/import somewhere else. But thanks for the preware tip, it does the trick every time!
    The patch is called Send All Contacts via Email . It will export all the contacts into a vCard file to email.
    You can also type ##MONAD# on the phone dialar and export your contacts that way.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    What service does ##MONAD# work with? The code is not recognized by sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    The patch is called Send All Contacts via Email . It will export all the contacts into a vCard file to email.
    this patch won't install...what other patches will this one conflict with?
    It conflicts with the Advanced Config for System Preferences patch.

Quote Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
    What service does ##MONAD# work with? The code is not recognized by sprint.
    ##MONAD# (##66623#) still works on Sprint though.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:25 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    where do I find the export file with that ##MONAD# thing?
    In the Phone App, dial ##66623#
    Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:26 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    I did. Step 1 export contacts. Step 2 connect to usb. Step 3 close app. But wheres the export file?
    I've never done it, sort your USB drive by date, look for a folder with today's date possibly, or named Export.
    Last edited by NachoB; 12/20/2010 at 09:23 PM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Please see the details on our Tip of the Day on this: http://www.precentral.net/export-all-your-contacts

Also, someone mentioned there was a homebrew App (not patch, but app) that can do it..havent look into that yet, though, so cant give you details
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast