Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    When I go to Backup, Preferences, Palm Profile, Profile Settings the Pre says that my Palm Profile has not been verified. Below that error message there is a button that says "Resend Verification Email." I've hit this button more than once since I've gotten my Pre, but I've yet to receive any verification email.

Has anyone received this email to properly verify their profile? I've checked the spelling of my email address and Spam box more than once and nothing. Any ideas on how to verify my profile? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    When I go to Backup, Preferences, Palm Profile, Profile Settings the Pre says that my Palm Profile has not been verified. Below that error message there is a button that says "Resend Verification Email." I've hit this button more than once since I've gotten my Pre, but I've yet to receive any verification email.

Has anyone received this email to properly verify their profile? I've checked the spelling of my email address and Spam box more than once and nothing. Any ideas on how to verify my profile? Thanks!
    Check your junk mail. It might be flooded with verification emails.
    I received mine when I setup my profile. There was a link it in to go to in order to complete verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Check your junk mail. It might be flooded with verification emails.
    I found 10 of those emails in my yahoo junk mail folder.
    Go into your profile on your phone itself and verify the email address...in my giddiness to setup my phone, I mistyped my email address.
    Have you checked your spam folder?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm using my Gmail address and I have nothing in my Spam box. My email address is correct, but I deleted it and re-entered it again. I still have nothing in my inbox. This is very strange!
    I haven't gotten any of my 17 clicks worth of verification emails yet. I'm probably not helping much. (No, they're not in my spam folder. )
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusInnomen View Post
    I haven't gotten any of my 17 clicks worth of verification emails yet. I'm probably not helping much. (No, they're not in my spam folder. )
    Nice to know I have company. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one!
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetThug View Post
    I found 10 of those emails in my yahoo junk mail folder.
    I figured this was the case for some. I only had two but I'm not trying to brag or anything......
    I was using Opera and trying to do this with no success. I then went into Internet Explorer and it worked.

I love Opera but it has so many effin support issues.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi. Same issue here. "This profile has not been verified."

I have no emails in my spam filter. Email address is correct.

Resend Verification Email does nothing....

Bottom line, what does this mean? Won't back up properly? Wont sync properly?

Thanks.
    My phone still shows "This profile has not been verified." I can say that both backup and sync after resetting the phone worked as expected.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. The only way to fix it was to select the device info app, reset options, then full erase. You go through the phone setup procedure again after it reboots.
    errr... I don't like that last workaround.
    I have gotten the verification email and I clicked the verification link...and it still says "This profile has not been verified" on my phone. Weird.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Okay I had this same problem (I realized I gave them a slightly incorrect email), and the dumbass Sprint rep I contacted on their online "chat" told me that the ONLY way to fix this problem was by going to the store...she claimed how it was the ONLY sprint phone that couldn't be fixed online as it were and she had been trained on it....Well she was either completely lying of a complete moron.

1.) This is for a palm profile synch.

3.) Do a synch of your phone to the "cloud" just to make sure it synchs

3.) Now, you can go on Palm.com and login to your profile and change the email to the email you would like if you happened to get it wrong. (if you know what you might have used). You will then get a new verification email to the correct address, click on the link, and you will be verified by PALM (not the phone).

4.) Then. You can do a hard reset of your phone and then on the rebooting if will ask if you want to synch with your existing palm profile. click yes and it will download all your previous stuff on your phone after you put in the palm profile id and password.... Phone will also no longer give the "not verified" message.

I sat in a Sprint store for an hour for this....such geniuses..... The only part of these instructions that the sprint tech gave me was "hard boot the phone" because they believed nothing else could be done. Everything else was by me. That "week" of training they got was how to turn the damn things on I guess.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    mines says unverified but when i login onto the palm site, it says its verified. so i wouldnt fret over it. i also noticed there is a "erase device" link on there. not sure if it erases whats on the palm or just erases the pre from your profile.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I had a similar problem where my Pre said it was not verified and it would not send verification emails. In my case, I also could not download the 1.0.2 update. I let the "Updates" application run for over 15 hours and it never got past the "Checking for updates" screen. This thread helped me to resolve my problem. I will list what I did in case it helps someone else.

When I created my Palm Profile, I used a mixed case email address (i.e. MyName<at>MyEmailAddress.com). I went into the backup app, edit Palm Profile, and changed my email address to all lower case (i.e. myname<at>myemailaddress.com) and it immediately let me resend the validation email which I verified. I then went into the "Device Info" application and hit "Restart Options" and chose "Partial Erase". After the erase and the reboot it prompted me to log into my Palm Profile which I did using my lower case email address. Viola, the "Updates" app worked fine!

I hope that this helps someone else...

*** Jay ***

(Still LOVE the Pre!!!)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have the same message and when I logon to Palm.com to manage my profile it says I am email verified. So I guess I am ok though the Pre still says not verified.