Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Does anyone remember seeing a demo video where they said that the calendar would use GPS to notify you if you may be late for a meeting? I've read so much about this device I can't remember fact from fiction. I really liked this function but do not think it exists.

Is there any way to add contacts to a calender event? I was hoping I could schedule a meeting from the contacts and have my Pre tell me when to leave for that meeting based on my location. Maybe they were talking about an app in the works. I dunno!
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aspbsecs View Post
    Does anyone remember seeing a demo video where they said that the calendar would use GPS to notify you if you may be late for a meeting? I've read so much about this device I can't remember fact from fiction. I really liked this function but do not think it exists.
    Roger McNamee mentioned it in one of his interviews. It sounded then like it would be available at launch, though it's possible that capability was shelved and will be made available in an update. That's the only mention of it I recall.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Is there any way to add contacts to a calender event? I was hoping I could schedule a meeting from the contacts and have my Pre tell me when to leave for that meeting based on my location. Maybe they were talking about an app in the works. I dunno!
    I Don't have a pre so cant check my self, but I remember reading the interview, they said that ghe GPS knows where you are, and where you are supposed to be assuming you have an address in the apointment, it will let you know that you need to leave, and if you are going to be late it will send an email to the apointment person letting them know you will be late, there was a discussion here about that, and that WM would do it with an app, I have never found an app that will do that on WM, and I guess it wont work on the pre either, sounded a little starwarsish to me in the first place.
    Terry

Any update on this? I would LOVE to just be able to click on the "Location" of an event on the calendar and get a map of where it is.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    No updates as of yet. Waiting for one myself.