Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Question for mike.s.hardy. Im confused about lotus notes. My friend has it for work, and while they have a crappy webmail access, they do not allow imap connections. So he is stuck with webmail if he want to read his work email.

Can commontime act as an exchange front end for an EXISTING notes account? I.e. would it be seamless in that he sends email/calendar/contacts from the phone, and all would still be contained within his notes program on his desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowens27 View Post
    I just ran into this issue myself. Palm pushed the WebOS 1.3.5.1 update and I have installed that also hoping it would fix the issue with mail. So far I have had no luck.

Before the patch I tried deleting my traveler profile on the server and letting it resync that did not help.

Have you been able to find any solutions for this yet?
    I have a case w/ Palm (that they tied together w/ my reporting of the EAS calendar issue) and have sent off some logs, but was told that the calendar issue was a priority. Hopefully we'll get a little movement on this now that the EAS calendar issue has been resolved.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This thread started quite a while ago, I think I'm going to open a new thread for the current "No email body" issues I'm also suffering from.

A couple of quick notes regarding Pre sync to Notes - Traveler is free and is pretty damn simple to set up (if you have any business touching a server to begin with) so any company big enough to have a Domino server should be running Traveler. Up until the release of WebOS 1.3.5, it was rock solid dependable and, despite the aggravations of not being able to process meeting invitations or reschedule an existing calendar entry, was very usable for my purposes. EAS was implemented specifically to add iPhone compatibility and the error message you get when you try to reschedule something from the Pre even says "...not from your iPhone..." so hopefully, now that there are more Pre's out in the wild, the next version of Traveler with have us in mind and make it more of an "EAS" sync rather than an "iPod's version of EAS" sync, along with polishing the implementation a little.

If you are, or know someone, trying to implement Traveler be aware that the Lotus path to the Exchange functionality differs slightly from Microsoft's, requiring a Redirection Rule to be applied to the Internet Site Document. Feel free to contact me regarding this if it applies to you.

-=-Link to new thread-=-
    Last edited by tomicich; 01/06/2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added link to new post, additional Traveler comment
    I completely agree with you, Tom. BTW--Palm currently has a test account on one of my systems and is investigating the issue.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    @Gregg: If they'd like a second test-bed, send 'em my way and I'll get them a test account set up.
    Thanks for getting involved to help resolve this.
    Quote Originally Posted by willrand111 View Post
    I concur. This is a great solution and the only one I found that works properly for Lotus Notes calendar and email. I am on the trial now and will purchase soon. Only thing it still won't do for me is SameTime. The ads say it supports it, but support person said not for EAS devices, only devices with mobile client installed. I am also waiting to see if we can get iNotes working on Pre.
    I just tried this and was getting the same error as you... The login credentials thing. The device doesn't get setup, but the mNotes monitor thinks a device successfully connected.

How did you resolve your issue?
    Also, missing the subject AND to: addresses... I do get the body in the draft however... Anyone else have this problem?
    I don't have admin rights to the Notes server and it's locked behind a firewall and not open to outside... I think Traveler is NOT an option, right??? I do have admin rights to my PC, so I can install and use Commontime mNotes, but that's my only option for e-mail right?? I'm a paid customer now and I've been very happy for 2 months, except for the goofy issue with sent mail from my Pre...
    Speak to your Notes/Domino admins for what your options are.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    New WebOS 1.1 resolves the IMAP issues which I referenced earlier. If you have previously configured your Pre to access your email via IMAP but did not have access to any folders other than the Inbox, you should do the following:

1. Go to "Preferences & Accounts"
    2. Click on the Domino IMAP account you previously created
    3. Scroll to the bottom and click "Change Login Settings"
    4. Scroll to the bottom and edit the "ROOT FOLDER" field. If you had something in there previously (and you should), Either highlight the entire contents of the field and hit the backspace key or use backspace to remove the contents of the field. Then (and this is VERY important) hit the RETURN key.
    5. Swipe back to the previous screen and then swipe back all the way back to the Inbox screen. You will see an alert that the configurations have been changed.
    6. Go to your inbox. It will take a little longer than normal to refresh the inbox. Your Pre is now grabbing all of your Domino folders.
    7. To verify, open an email, click the "Email" menu in the top left and select "Move to Folder..." You should see all of your folders listed.

Or you could simply remove the Account and recreate it (it might even take less time).
    I have been trying, rather unsuccessfully, to setup an email account with our Domino server. I have WebOS 1.3.5.1 along with a Domino 8.5 server. When installing IMAP I can get the Pre to send emails but it can't receive them. If I setup a POP account it can receive emails all day long but can't send them. Palm support has been rather useless and my IT guy and I are getting really frustrated. Can anyone help me out here??? I would really appreciate it.
    Please send me a PM and I will provide you with my email address. I will need your "IT Guy" to send me the following:

. IMAP configuration of the Domino server you are trying to connect to (this can include from the server document, the configuration document, and possibly an internet site document)
    . Inbound SMTP configuration of the Domino server you are trying to connect to (same places to look as above)
    . Whether you are trying to connect your device via SSL (and if you are using a self-signed cert)
    . Whether or not your corporate firewall is allows for inbound IMAP over both the standard port (TCP 143) and/or SSL (TCP 993)
    . What notes.ini switches your IT Guy has used to increase LDAP and SMTP logging in order to verify that your device is making a connection.

Also, it is very important toi know whether or not your mailbox/mail database has been configured for IMAP access. This requires running the nConvert task on your Domino mail server with some specific switches.

With that information I should be able to assist. I can tell you, though, that there really are no secrets as to making a WebOS device work with Domino over IMAP assuming IMAP and inbound SMTP have been configured correctly on the server-side.

They commonly are not.
    Last edited by Gregg; 01/21/2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added the Convert task question--this is usually the biggest impediment to using IMAP to access a Domino mailbox.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Gregg,

Thanks in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Here are the answers to your questions.

> IMAP configuration of the Domino server you are trying to connect to (this can include from the server document, the configuration document, and possibly an internet site document)
    ONLY from Server Document
    TCP/IP Port: 143
    Port Status: Enabled
    Enforce Server Access Settings: No
    Authentication Options
    Name & Password: Yes
    Anonymous: N/A
    SSL Port: 993
    SSL Port Status: Enabled
    Authentication Options

> Inbound SMTP configuration of the Domino server you are trying to connect to (same places to look as above)
    ONLY from Server Document
    TCP/IP Port: 25
    Port Status: Enabled
    Enforce Server Access Settings: No
    Authentication Options
    SSL Port: 465
    SSL Port Status: Enabled
    Authentication Options

> Whether you are trying to connect your device via SSL (and if you are using a self-signed cert)
    There is a GeoTrust SSL Certificate Installed with the common domain name, it is not a self-signed cert

> Whether or not your corporate firewall is allows for inbound IMAP over both the standard port (TCP 143) and/or SSL (TCP 993)
    Firewall is allowing traffic for IMAP over 143 and 993

> What notes.ini switches your IT Guy has used to increase LDAP and SMTP logging in order to verify that your device is making a connection.
    SMTPDebugIO=3, nothing for LDAP

You also stated the following... "Also, it is very important toi know whether or not your mailbox/mail database has been configured for IMAP access. This requires running the nConvert task on your Domino mail server with some specific switches."

I have asked about the mailbox/database configuration for IMAP. Can you elaborate on the setup specifics? Also, what specific nConvert tasks switches would need to be set?

Did I mention I really appreciate the help?
    Glad to help if I can...

First things first...one item I left off....your Admin should make sure that the IMAP server task is actually running. Seems elementary but it's easy enough to miss.

As for making sure that you are enabled for IMAP access, your admin must run two special convert tasks against your mail database to (1) enable it for IMAP access and (2) to put IMAP-specific fields in pre-existing email.

Information is here:
    Running the mail conversion utility to enable a mail file for IMAP
    Using the conversion utility to add IMAP summary attributes to messages
    Convert utility options

Thanks for sending what is in the "Server" document of the host you're trying to connect to. That looks OK but next I will need the information from the "IMAP" tab of the "Configuration" document that the server is using. That has much more of the actual IMAP task config and will help immensely and with all the pieces I can see if there is a config issue.

If your admin would like to see if your device is even making an IMAP connection, he should look at this tech note for enabling debug logging of the IMAP task.

IBM - Troubleshooting IMAP issues
    Gregg,

Sorry it takes so long to get back with you. We have been going back and forth with Pre's, iPhone and Crackberrys. Here is the IMAP advanced tab information...

Here is the config regarding IMAP tab
    Basics Tab
    Maximum number if IMAP sessions: blank
    IMAP session timeout: 10 min
    Enabled IMAP during login: Enabled

Public and Other Users' Folders Tab
    Public and other users' folders support: Enabled
    Include all public and other users' folders when a folder list is requested: Disabled
    Public folder prefix: Public Folders
    Public folder database links:
    Other users' folder prefix: Other Users
    Other users' domain delimiter:
    IMAP users who can change other users' unread marks:

Advanced Tab
    IMAP server greeting:
    IMAP SSL greeting:
    IMAP SSL redirect greeting:
    Maximum number of IMAP worker threads:
    Maximum number of response threads per FETCH:
    Maximum number of FETCH threads allowed:
    Maximum number of FETCH response threads allowed:

ANy other thoughts. The Pre's can not receive emails and the iPhone can not send them. Really bizarre operation. Thanks again for all your help in this matter.
    Greg,

Here is the debug log from the Notes Server...

01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Greeting State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] GREETING
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] Non-authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] CAPABILITY
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] Non-authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] LOGIN
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM [1430:000F-0C78] IMAP Server> Login: Passed authentication.
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM [1430:000F-0C78] IMAP Server> Providing service for My Name/OurCompany <0x1182204C> "I modified this to protect the innocent ;-)"
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] CAPABILITY
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] SELECT
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Selected State
    01/28/2010 09:06:34 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] SEARCH
    01/28/2010 09:06:35 AM [1430:000F-0C78] IMAP Server> IMAPDisconnect
    01/28/2010 09:06:35 AM [1430:000F-0C78] IMAP Server> TerminateLoginCtx: in ~CIMAPProtocol
    01/28/2010 09:06:35 AM [1430:000F-0C78] IMAP Server> TerminateLoginCtx: Closed personal db.
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] Greeting State
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] GREETING
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Non-authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] CAPABILITY
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] Non-authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-15BC] LOGIN
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM [1430:000F-15BC] IMAP Server> Login: Passed authentication.
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM [1430:000F-15BC] IMAP Server> Providing service for My Name/OurCompany <0x1182204C> "I modified this to protect the innocent ;-)"
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] Authenticated State
    01/28/2010 09:06:40 AM IMAP Server: [1430:000F-0C78] CAPABILITY

Seems like the Notes server is replying appropriately but the Pre' is puking. I did a partial restore on teh Pre to clear out garbage as well but to no avail.
    Those values look fine.

I might suggest changing the value of

I'd have him up the logging level...set imapdebug=7

The fact that you are unable to send email via the iPhone leads me to believe that you still have some config issues going on.

Frankly, I recommend going the Traveler route (but do not use 8.5.1.1) and be done.

Rather than posting log extracts here, please PM me (as I had requested a number of posts ago) and I'll give you an email to send to.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    I sent you a Post Message to your account but hadn't heard back. Is that what you were expecting? I also included my personal email where I can be reached. If not, then I can include all the latest debug statements from our server. Thanks.
    Well perhaps you should check your PM's from Saturday when I responded to you.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    My apologies. I can't see any PM for my account. I am not sure why.
    The Traveler component worked. I am now getting emails back and forth. I haven't checked on the contacts, tasks, etc. but at least email is working! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast