Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

I tested Palm Pre (1.13) with Lotus Traveler v8.5.1

Traveler doesn't officially support Palm Pre but as Traveler emulates Microsoft EAS protocol it should work.

so I've tested it and it works (almost flawlessly).

please, keep in mind :

1. don't use automatic "installer" as it doesn't recognize Pre. Use manual setup instead
    2. Pre doesn't work without SSL so it must be configured on server-sied. Pre also doesn't recognize self-signed certificates so you must import root certificate in your Pre in case your certificate is self-signed.
    3. mail, contacts works fine
    4. calendar doesn't work - calendar on Pre is emtpy, but when I enter new event , it shows up in Domino calendar, but it's still empty on Pre.
    I haven't got enough time to play around this problem
    5. Traveler officially doesn't support handling invitations (
    DominoBaloney - Lotus Domino, Lotus Notes, Quickplace,Quickr,Sametime and other stuff

I have back-level software on my Pre (it's GSM German version) so I'll wait couple of days for V1.3 to arrive officially. (hopefully).

EAS support was improved in V1.2 so I expect that calendar problem might disappear with new version.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kresom View Post
    Hi folks,

I tested Palm Pre (1.13) with Lotus Traveler v8.5.1

Traveler doesn't officially support Palm Pre but as Traveler emulates Microsoft EAS protocol it should work.

so I've tested it and it works (almost flawlessly).
    Hi,

I have the same test results (als GSM version of the Pre). I used the https://greenhouse.lotus.com/ installtion for testing.
    It is a good place for testes as you can sign up for free and they always have the latest Lotus Notes software installed.

You can follow the instactions for the iPhone and enter the data malually into the right field on the PRE.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

4. calendar doesn't work - calendar on Pre is emtpy, but when I enter new event , it shows up in Domino calendar, but it's still empty on Pre.
    I haven't got enough time to play around this problem
    5. Traveler officially doesn't support handling invitations (
    DominoBaloney - Lotus Domino, Lotus Notes, Quickplace,Quickr,Sametime and other stuff

I have back-level software on my Pre (it's GSM German version) so I'll wait couple of days for V1.3 to arrive officially. (hopefully).

EAS support was improved in V1.2 so I expect that calendar problem might disappear with new version.
    It turns out it is not Traveler related problem - my calendar is completely empty for all calendar (palm, google...) .

I am not the only one Google Calendar on Palm Pre not Displaying Daily and Weekly View are Empty, Monthly isn't... - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S.Hardy View Post
    Great news...for me at least....Mnotes wireless on commontime is now available for pre (and several other phones). It has a 30 day free trial to check it out. I have and it works perfectly. It downloaded my calenadar and contacts as well as my folder list and allows me to file the emails after reading. It DOES NOT WORK with any lotus notes version under 7.02 (this is not posted on the website as a requirement so I found that out the hard way, but once I updated my program at work to 8.5 it has worked great. Be prepared for sticker shock though....If you decide to buy it you will spend $140 a year in advance. ouch!
    Hi Mike. Glad you have found the CommonTime mNotes solution a good fit for the Pre - I work for CommonTime and it is always good to hear of a new solution working well. Great news on the price front is that from today that price for mNotes Wireless has been cut for 50% to just $69.95 - under $6 a month. Not free as many people would like a 3rd party solution to be but a great price for the functionality it gives you which is more than any other Notes solution for the Pre can at the minute I think. Hope this means you can convert your trial to a purchase CommonTime : Products : mNotes
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    CommonTime is going to come out with a client for the Pre as part of their mNotes suite. I hear they are beta testing now. They have a version that runs on your desktop, uses https / 443, and will link to your local replica of your Notes db and then relay on e-mail, cal, contacts, etc... The version for WinMo I used even allowed me to use SameTime!
    This is released now. mNotes Wireless lets you get wireless updates to Lotus Notes email, calendar, contacts, tasks and Sametime on Pre - without integration with any servers. All for under $6 a month. CommonTime : Products : mNotes
    I concur. This is a great solution and the only one I found that works properly for Lotus Notes calendar and email. I am on the trial now and will purchase soon. Only thing it still won't do for me is SameTime. The ads say it supports it, but support person said not for EAS devices, only devices with mobile client installed. I am also waiting to see if we can get iNotes working on Pre.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyhayley View Post
    This is released now. mNotes Wireless lets you get wireless updates to Lotus Notes email, calendar, contacts, tasks and Sametime on Pre - without integration with any servers. All for under $6 a month. CommonTime : Products : mNotes
    Hi hollyhayley,

Could you share basic technical info about mNotes Wireless with us ? I browsed through CommonTime web, but I couldn't find any information about how it really works and what are prerequisites on client (Pre) and server (Lotus Domino). Is there a component (gateway) that needs to be installed on Domino server or gateway is running at your site ?

What are other options - mSuite ?

Thanks

I am also considering CommonTime solution - Lotus Traveler doesn't seem to work

Kreso
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ...Lotus Traveler doesn't seem to work
    Hi, did you tried with the latest version?
    You can create a free ID at https://greenhouse.lotus.com/ and use it for testing. There is the current Notes Domino 8.5.1 server installed with the latest Lotus Traveler version.
    I did a quick test and was able to add the account in the Pre without problems.

Hanspeter
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi hollyhayley,

Could you share basic technical info about mNotes Wireless with us ? I browsed through CommonTime web, but I couldn't find any information about how it really works and what are prerequisites on client (Pre) and server (Lotus Domino). Is there a component (gateway) that needs to be installed on Domino server or gateway is running at your site ?

What are other options - mSuite ?

Thanks

I am also considering CommonTime solution - Lotus Traveler doesn't seem to work

Kreso
    Hi Kresom

mSuite is an option if you have more than 5 or 10 users. It is an Enterprise solution and a great one if that is what you need as it has good device management and control features for admins etc. mNotes Wireless is specifically designed for single users. If you are interested in mSuite email sales@commontime.com and someone can run through technical info with you in more detail.

Most of the more technical info you need is accessible via the Support section of the CommonTime website. You may need to sign up to view this page...http://www.commontime.com/members/su...notes-support/

These are the basic requirements in terms of hardware and software:

Lotus Notes*: You need to be running Lotus Notes 6.5 and above if you are using a Windows Mobile or Symbian S60 V3 or Lotus Notes 7.02 and above (if you have iPhone, Palm Pre, Android or Symbian series 60 v5 using the EAS (Exchange ActiveSync).

PC: Windows XP / Vista or Windows 7.

Mobile device: running on one of the supported operating systems: Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.1 or 6.5; Symbian Series 60 3rd Edition or 5th Edition; Web OS (Palm Pre); iPhone OS or Android.

*Lotus Notes must be installed on the PC you are downloading mNotes on i.e. not using webmail

Basically CommonTime provides the 'gateway' for mNotes users - the CommonTime Switching Centre (CSC). There is no integration with the servers you just need to have the PC it is installed on running for it to update etc. No other prerequisites as far as I know. Some installation steps specific to the Pre but these are accessible via the 'read me' file on installation (or via the Support section of the website).

Hope this helps and sorry if I have missed something! Already admitted am not a technical whizz am afraid
    Last edited by hollyhayley; 11/17/2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: misspelling
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    From the attached readme:
    The mobile device makes a connection via the Internet to the CommonTime Switching Center (CSC). The user’s PC also makes an internet connection to the CSC and the CSC joins the two connections together. Requires:
    • an mNotes Wireless subscription “key”
    • user’s PC to remain powered on (but not necessarily logged on)
    • user’s PC to remain connected to the internet
    • for cellular use, the mobile device must have a suitable wireless data plan
    If I got it right then the setup is the following:
    - For the palm Pre the Common Times server is an EAS (Exchange Active Sync) server.
    - If your PC is on it connects to the Common Times server.
    - When the Pre requests a sync, the Common Times asks you PC for the data, converts them into the EAS protocol and send them to the Pre.

So for the Pre it is the same as if you would have a Domino Server with the Traveler installed and the Pre would be official supported by it. At the moment the Pre can logon to a Traveler server (as it also simulates an EAS server) but it seems that not all requests from the Pre can be handled correct. At the moment (V8.5.1) the EAS protocol implementation of the Traveler server is designed for the iPhone needs. It is planned to extended this to other devices in the next releases.
    Let us hope that then (if not now) all parts of the protocol that the Pre needs are implemented.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi, did you tried with the latest version?
    Hi Hanspeter,

I tested Lotus Traveler V8.5.1 installed on my company Lotus Domino server with Palm Pre V1.1.3

email - both send&receive (push) works fine
    contacts - I can see all the contacts from Lotus Domino, but when I update or add contact on Pre, it doesn't update server side
    calendar - when I add Lotus Domino account (Exchange on Pre) I got all empty calendars (including Google and Palm Profile). Events are still there as I got notifications for upcoming events and I can even open the single event, but daily/weekly/monthly view are empty. It is probably combination of buggy Pre calendar (empty calendar was common problem back prior to WebOS V1.1) and incomplete implementation of EAS protocol by Lotus Traveler). I haven't done any further testing.

All of the above, in the same time works on iPhone correctly. IBM doesn't support officaly Pre at this time.

Moreover, current Traveler implementation doesn't support handling calendar invitations, neither you can invite other people to events you create. This serious limitation is officially confirmed by IBM for both iPhone (and Pre).

I'll try again after WebOS upgrade and let you know.

Kreso
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyhayley View Post
    Hi Kresom

mSuite is an option if you have more than 5 or 10 users. It is an Enterprise solution and a great one if that is what you need as it has good device management and control features for admins etc. mNotes Wireless is specifically designed for single users. If you are interested in mSuite email sales@commontime.com and someone can run through technical info with you in more detail.

PC: Windows XP / Vista or Windows 7.

*Lotus Notes must be installed on the PC you are downloading mNotes on i.e. not using webmail

Basically CommonTime provides the 'gateway' for mNotes users - the CommonTime Switching Centre (CSC). There is no integration with the servers you just need to have the PC it is installed on running for it to update etc. No other prerequisites as far as I know. Some installation steps specific to the Pre but these are accessible via the 'read me' file on installation (or via the Support section of the website).
    Thanks for clarification. I'm a mobile worker carrying my laptop around and I don't have PC running Lotus Notes at my office. So, I'd better check mSuite.

Krešo
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hi Hanspeter,

I tested Lotus Traveler V8.5.1 installed on my company Lotus Domino server with Palm Pre V1.1.3

contacts - I can see all the contacts from Lotus Domino, but when I update or add contact on Pre, it doesn't update server side
    Apparently, I took another try and contacts are syncing just fine. Sometimes, it takes awhile but it works fine

So, I only have invisible calendar issue left. I'll wait for webos 1.3.1 and let you know.

Kreso
    Just an FYI about CompanionLink:

It does not work with 1.3.1.

I had it working flawlessly on 1.2.1 and ever since I went to 1.3.1 CL has not worked (even after speaking to their support).

****es me off. This phone was supposed to rule, yet there are SO MANY issues with it (my two being the new version of WebOS doesn't work with CL and Palm lost ALL of my contacts).

I'm tired of doing resets, so I'm just coping as best I can.

EDIT 12/2/09:

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Color me impressed too.

I got a call from tech support and we fixed my issue. I had two databases for some reason, causing my phone not to sync. All is well now.

Thanks!

I concur with KevMeister. This thread should be stickied.
    CL is a good company who took care of me. It was my phone, not their product.
    Last edited by IlyaK; 12/02/2009 at 07:58 AM.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Apparently, I took another try and contacts are syncing just fine. Sometimes, it takes awhile but it works fine

So, I only have invisible calendar issue left. I'll wait for webos 1.3.1 and let you know.
    I upgraded to 1.3.1 and my calendar is not invisible any more. Tomorrow, I'll have it tested in real world.

kreso
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 1.3.1 and my calendar is not invisible any more. Tomorrow, I'll have it tested in real world.

kreso
    Event XCVDFG was not synchronized to the server. IBM Lotus Notes Traveler does not support updating meetings from your Apple device. The meeting on your device calendar will be replaced with the information from the server.

I got this email after I updated event in my Lotus Notes calendar on my Pre. Basically, the calendar is usable more or less only in read-only mode. You can't accept, neither send invitations and you can't update existing event. Only personal events with no other people invited can be added.

Anyway, it is still better solution than syncing with desktop every morning that I used to do with my old Treo.

Kreso
    Hi Mike. Glad you have found the CommonTime mNotes solution a good fit for the Pre - I work for CommonTime and it is always good to hear of a new solution working well. Great news on the price front is that from today that price for mNotes Wireless has been cut for 50% to just $69.95 - under $6 a month. Not free as many people would like a 3rd party solution to be but a great price for the functionality it gives you which is more than any other Notes solution for the Pre can at the minute I think. Hope this means you can convert your trial to a purchase CommonTime : Products : mNotes

Thanks for the heads up. I have subscribed and for the most part works well. I am having an issue with text missing from the email from time to time but am working with support hoping it can get fixed, I like all the other sync abitlity (calendar, tasks and contacts) but sort of frustrating with email when you can see who sent it and what the subject is but no message to read....I've been told that it is being reported but no solution as of yet?
    Last edited by Mike.S.Hardy; 12/06/2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: left off who and what I was responding too.
    If you're on a Sprint Pre or Pixi and use Lotus Traveler (ie. ActiveSync) to sync your Lotus Notes email/calendar/contacts, I would suggest that you hold off a bit on the upgrade to WebOS 1.3.5.

Both myself and others have experienced an issue where new mail received to your Notes inbox will not display the message body when viewed on your Pre/Pixi.

I'm trying to determine the best course of action, but since Traveler is not supported by IBM/Lotus on the Pre, I'm probably going to have to try my luck w/ Palm support.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    If you're on a Sprint Pre or Pixi and use Lotus Traveler (ie. ActiveSync) to sync your Lotus Notes email/calendar/contacts, I would suggest that you hold off a bit on the upgrade to WebOS 1.3.5.

Both myself and others have experienced an issue where new mail received to your Notes inbox will not display the message body when viewed on your Pre/Pixi.

I'm trying to determine the best course of action, but since Traveler is not supported by IBM/Lotus on the Pre, I'm probably going to have to try my luck w/ Palm support.
    I just ran into this issue myself. Palm pushed the WebOS 1.3.5.1 update and I have installed that also hoping it would fix the issue with mail. So far I have had no luck.

Before the patch I tried deleting my traveler profile on the server and letting it resync that did not help.

Have you been able to find any solutions for this yet?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    CommonTime's mSuite is a great enterprise solution. mNotes is their single user app, but i have no experience with that one.

I have not read the entire 5 pages of this thread..... sorry if this is repeat info or does not fit the conversation.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast