Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I made a little headway today using Classic:

http://www.precentral.net/bluetooth-...coming-classic

MotionApps: Classic HotSync via Bluetooth connection – now that’s a choice!

While I was not able to hotsync (got a protocol error) after I set up my BT connection and put in the IP I got the hotsync window to pop up on my PC. I guess until the new update to Classic comes out I won't be able to sync up. It looks like it will use my third party conduit too so while not syncing to the pre's standard calendar I can at least get what I need (I hope)
    Cheers,

Peaty
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Peasty,

I found some tools to sync the notes calendar to Google. One is simply a notes database.
    OpenNTF.org - GooCalSync

The other once seem to be external applications Lotus Notes to Google Synchronizer . Here is some explanation too.
    http://lntoiphone.blogspot.com/2009/...email-and.html

HaPe
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well I'm at an impasse now. I got Classic to sync with my Pre via Wireless and Bluetooth but it seems my third party app conduit to Lotus notes (Xtendconnect) does not like to work this way. It goes all the way to the part where I can see notes syncing but will not put them into the Palm Database I found out, the other app Echo needs wifi to work but since we can't put in a proxy I can't get that to work either. I can forward invites and calendar stuff to g-mail and have it go on that way but it's not a real solution. I just wish we could still sync with the USB cable. The more I use the pre the more I love it, this is the only major disappointment for me with the Pre
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

saw today that the Palm Pre is marked as 'coming soon' for mNotes wireless from CommonTime...

CommonTime : Device Compatibility Guide

That sounds good for me, as I have it in monde as a good sync tool for Notes and the old PalmOS

HaPe
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I was able to sync notes with a USB cable using the new companion link USB app, I have info here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-sync.html
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Hi Peaty! Me too. What a breakthru. Just synced my Lotus Notes calendar to my Pre with the Companionlink USB connection!! Anyone else interested, it works great! It didn't work out of the box, but the wonderful Companionlink support sent me a patch and now I'm happy. Instructions provided were correct. Click on sync on the free download app on the Pre, then connect as USB device, then click on sync on the desktop (the one you pay $29.95 for, and after proper setup, of course), then disconnect the Pre and click on Sync again on the Pree app. Presto, Lotus Notes calendar items in your Pre calendar without exposing them to the cloud!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm pretty impressed with the support too, they were very helpful and quick to reply.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Great news...for me at least....Mnotes wireless on commontime is now available for pre (and several other phones). It has a 30 day free trial to check it out. I have and it works perfectly. It downloaded my calenadar and contacts as well as my folder list and allows me to file the emails after reading. It DOES NOT WORK with any lotus notes version under 7.02 (this is not posted on the website as a requirement so I found that out the hard way, but once I updated my program at work to 8.5 it has worked great. Be prepared for sticker shock though....If you decide to buy it you will spend $140 a year in advance. ouch!
    Mike, have you tried Sametime on Commontime yet? Ads say it should work.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    CommonTime mNotes Now Supports iPhone,
    Palm® Pre™ and Android

CommonTime mNotes for iPhone, Palm Pre and Android Available Now

I just stumbled upon the announcement - don't have other information.

Kreso
    If you want a really good Palm OS or Palm Pre client for Lotus Notes check out CommonTime : Home of market leading wireless mobility solutions. They are exclusive to the Notes community and have some good solutions that actually work.
    I have it (mNotes) EAS for the Pre. It works pretty good. The desktop service is and runs the same as before with WinMO devies, but obviously, the Pre and iPhone use EAS so there is no mobile client to install like with WinMo. Also, I don't think you can use SameTime due to the lack of a mobile client. I guess I need to read about it to know for sure.
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
    Trying mNotes on eval now, but it keeps saying "login credentials rejected". Double/triple checked password, etc, but no luck. Support ticket opened but no response yet. Will keep you informed about the new WiFi sync and Sametime when I get it working.
    be sure you put in your "alias", found in the commontime monitor, in the domain on your pre when setting up. I made that mistake the first time....guess I was in a hurry
    Good suggestion, but alias was fine, as well as all other setup info. Still haven't heard from Commontime support after two entries. Hope I hear soon before my eval runs out!! Any other ideas from anyone? They answered quickly to first response with generic answer to check password again, but nothing since.
    I'm not a Notes person, but I stumbled across this Podcast (The 1352 Report - Episode 13) that has a gushing Pre review with some good Lotus Notes / Traveler tips. It is about 4-5 minutes in.

-Andrew
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Still no solution from Commontime, but I did finally speak to someone and they are working on it. Credentials issue is resolved now, but still won't sync. Nothing coming from Notes local to Pre yet. Credential issue resolved after I changed password, and changed my username in setup to Notes Long first name. Will keep you informed.
    willrand111, what do you hope to accomplish with mNotes? I understand it to be an off-line or wired solution, no?
    Hi jp21in! Yes, mNotes is wireless and wired solution. All I am looking for is to get my Lotus Notes calendar (and email, if possible) to sync with Pre similar to EZSync Pro that I used with Treo. So far all I have is outbox, and no syncing. According to the documentation, it appears to do the same as EZSync, but also includes email and wireless. Also supposed to do Sametime, which would be a big plus.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast