Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    New WebOS 1.1 resolves the IMAP issues which I referenced earlier. If you have previously configured your Pre to access your email via IMAP but did not have access to any folders other than the Inbox, you should do the following:

1. Go to "Preferences & Accounts"
    2. Click on the Domino IMAP account you previously created
    3. Scroll to the bottom and click "Change Login Settings"
    4. Scroll to the bottom and edit the "ROOT FOLDER" field. If you had something in there previously (and you should), Either highlight the entire contents of the field and hit the backspace key or use backspace to remove the contents of the field. Then (and this is VERY important) hit the RETURN key.
    5. Swipe back to the previous screen and then swipe back all the way back to the Inbox screen. You will see an alert that the configurations have been changed.
    6. Go to your inbox. It will take a little longer than normal to refresh the inbox. Your Pre is now grabbing all of your Domino folders.
    7. To verify, open an email, click the "Email" menu in the top left and select "Move to Folder..." You should see all of your folders listed.

Or you could simply remove the Account and recreate it (it might even take less time).
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org
    So I have to ask... my company uses a Citrix interface w/ RSA SecurID to get behind the wall, then kicks off Citrix-based remotes (a remote IE window for the Domino webmail, MS Remote Desktop to access machines, etc.). I can log in through Citrix interface just fine, but when I go to actually launch any of the remote applications, it tells me that JavaScript must be enabled to use the Citrix client.

Does anyone's work use Citrix to get behind the firewall and launch 'Blow-tus' Notes? The other way for me to do so would be to connect wirelessly to an internal wireless network, but I'm unsure how to get the certificate to even see it, and even then, I imagine they've got a nice MAC filter on that, so I doubt I'm going to get very far there.

The IT department here wants nothing to do with a personal phone, and will only deal with company-issued Blackberries. I admit that this is not a work-stop for me, as I have access to my PC almost all the time through remote desktop on other PCs throughout the campus, but it'd definitely help efficiency-wise.

Anyone have any experience with this, or know of a good wired sync solution for e-mail? I did see mNotes mentioned, but I have absolutely no experience with it at this time. Obviously, CompanionLink is a near flawless sync solution for everything -but- e-mail.
    Last edited by Nyrax; 07/24/2009 at 02:21 AM.
    I was using intellysinc with my treo to capture the calendar, e-mail and address book with the help of hotsync from my local replicated copy of my lotus notes and now with the Pre I cannot find a way to start the sync process. Does anyone have an idea
    Gregg,

You seem to be quite knowledgeable about Lotus Notes and the Pre, was wondering if you could answer something that I've been unable to definitively Google the answer to... does the latest Domino 8.5 Server IMAP implementation support IMAP push (idle)? It looks like there is quite a history of users requesting IMAP push from Domino and it not being there but I have been unable to determine if 8.5 has finally resolved that.

As I'm sure you know, with devices like the Pre that don't have a special Notes client, this would be a must for maximum functionality of a mobile smartphone device.

Many thanks for your knowledge sharing here.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Nope...it still doesn't support the IMAP "idle" command.

On the bright side, It looks like email and Domino Directory lookup are working with the latest betas of Lotus Traveler 8.5.1 via ActiveSync (which is really only supposed to support the iPhone). Task sync does not appear to work.

Domino 8.5.1 is due to ship by the end of the year.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    @gregg and anyone else who has CL syncing Lotus Notes to Google Calendar

Do you have meetings where the scheduler is in another timezone? Do you have those displaying as you expect on your Google Calendar? I cannot seem to get that right. And thus it's not right when it's sync'ed to the Pre. Any clues are welcome. Thanks.
    I don't currently and I'm usually the one sending out the invites.The last instance that might have been a good test case came as a repeating mtg from an Exchange user and Domino the combo (time zone and repeating mtg) failed to register the 2nd day. If I remember, the meeting was correctly sync'd to the Pre.

What results are you seeing? And don't be afraid to contact CompanionLink for support as well.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    I did send a note to CompanionLink support this (Friday) evening. I'm running CL 3.0 (build 3066). I'm seeing examples like the following from Notes to Google:

* meeting at 9am ET scheduled from UK showing as 4am ET (we're 5 hours behind)
    * meeting at 4:30pm ET scheduled from CA showing as 7:30pm ET (we're 3 hours ahead)
    * meeting at 9:30am ET scheduled from China showing as 9:30pm ET (same day) (we're 12 hours behind assuming China doesn't recognize daylight time)

It appears CL is calculating local time itself....

I know this is not a CL forum but looking for clues from those of you using it to sync Notes to Google. I really want my work calendar entries on my Pre but am not going to be able to use CL if this isn't addressed.
    Last edited by RaleighPalm; 08/08/2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Theoretically, CL should be getting TZ info from the OS. That's what the Notes client and the Domino server do unless specifically told to do otherwise (it's set in the current location doc in Notes, in the server doc in Domino). They're obviously just not doing anything with the following fields:

LocalTimeZone
    StartTimeZone
    EndTimeZone
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighPalm View Post
    I did send a note to CompanionLink support this (Friday) evening. I'm running CL 3.0 (build 3066). I'm seeing examples like the following from Notes to Google:

* meeting at 9am ET scheduled from UK showing as 4am ET (we're 5 hours behind)
    * meeting at 4:30pm ET scheduled from CA showing as 7:30pm ET (we're 3 hours ahead)
    * meeting at 9:30am ET scheduled from China showing as 9:30pm ET (same day) (we're 12 hours behind assuming China doesn't recognize daylight time)

It appears CL is calculating local time itself....

I know this is not a CL forum but looking for clues from those of you using it to sync Notes to Google. I really want my work calendar entries on my Pre but am not going to be able to use CL if this isn't addressed.
    I'm working with CL support. They're very responsive and their fix is in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    How I setup my lotus notes and works fine. i setup a gmail account soley for my notes emails, basically the same name @gmail.
    I setup a rule to fwd all emails to the gmail accounts from notes.. Obviously I have the gmail on my phone.
    Now on gmail I set up reply from rule: as my notes address and reply to rule for the sender: as my notes address.. You can't tell the diff when you send an email from your phone.

For the calendar I se companion sync and it works fine.
    When I leave my desk each day I clear the all emails from my gmail account out. So all emails I get on my phone I know are new. has been working seemlessly.
    Thanks for this tip! Emails actually show up on my phone in the gmail account before they appear in my Notes inbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighPalm View Post
    I'm working with CL support. They're very responsive and their fix is in the works.
    It looks like they may have posted up a fix on 8/20. From the Build 3071 release notes:
    Fixed bug with LN date/times sometimes being read incorrectly
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    So, back to topic... Is there any chance of getting Lotus notes e-mail on the pre? Assuming you have to use your own Notes Client PC to configure?
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Thanks for this tip! Emails actually show up on my phone in the gmail account before they appear in my Notes inbox.
    They turned off the ability to forward e-mail within the rules actions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    As an aside, the "Ultralite" (read iPhone) version of Domino Web Access (iNotes) for Notes / Domino 8.5 works just fine with the Pre.
    Stupid question, but how do you access this Ultralite version?

I've got a link to my work's email (DWA) and I've been able to access it on the Pre but it doesn't work all the time and due to the way DWA is setup, it doesn't really fit well on the Pre's screen.
    Well, yeah...using IMAP to connect to a Domino server (and has been explained previously in this thread). There's no way to do it directly from the Notes client that I can think of.

Or you can do like a previous poster and forward all of your email to GMail or Y! and risk the wrath of your IT and Information Security folks.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    can't believe lotus notes is still alive...

i thought i was the only one using it... :-(
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    can't believe lotus notes is still alive...

i thought i was the only one using it... :-(
    No, you are not alone :-)
    I use, love and programm for it and will go on with this. The only backside ist that I start to miss hosync even bfore I get ma pre on the 17th in Germany

HaPe
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    We are using Lotus Notes at work too I've been able to forward my e-mails to a G-Mail account like others have by making a rule. So far I can't find a solution for my Calendar though. Syncing my Lotus Notes Calendar is the main reason I got a PP in the first place years ago. I've tried CompanionLink but due to firewall issues (even after entering the proxy) our IT department won't let us hook up with Google due to security concerns (valid argument). I can't use Chapura because we don't have WiFi in the office area. I did see Missing Sync now works with windows I wonder if that will work. If only they still left us an option to use the USB cable, I was using a third party conduit (XTNDConnect) to hotsync and that worked great with my centro. Right now the only option is for me to cut and paste new meetings to Google which is not a good long term solution.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Peaty,

I'm 100% with you and your IT department. Google will only be the last way I will think about. As I do not trust anybody about my private data (mail / calendar / addresses) and I would not do it in any way for company data.
    At last it should be possible to implement a little Notes agent to sync the calendar / address data with google directly. I think they have an API and I'm an experienced Notes Developer an geek.

But I will try all other ways first to find a replacement for my hotsync. As I do not expect that I get the chance to access my Notes data with the new Traveler based on notes 8.5.1. I expect that this would do the job (or at least partly as it is written for the iPhone in the first version) too.

HaPe
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast