Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Are your wife's friends hot?
    Rofl!
    There is also a way to configure gmail on the phone to send from the email addresses you have forwarded to gmail.

In email, choose to enter a new account. Then frrom the upper left menu select manual set-up. Enter your regular email address and then enter all the account settings for your gmail account - the servers an ports, etc. Then you can send as your own email through pre and receive push through your gmail account.

This works for me but I am getting the email three times on the phone because I forwarded 3 addresses to the gmail account. Anyone have a fix for that? I have the three "aliases" set for manual collect but it doesn't seem to matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Any updates on sync to folders/labels ?

Nope....What i did was sign up for a live mail acct and Sync that. The only draw back is you get ALL your mail!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I don't understand, you cant search emails??? I cant live without it. I hope they add that option right away
    I agree it's important. To get around it, I just bookmarked GMail, and I just utilize the web browser when I need to search.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I would love to have the option to select the From address like you can using the Gmail web interface. At a minimum, I need to be able to select the default From address.

I do not give out or use my Gmail address. I do not want mail from my Pre to use the Gmail address, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    Any updates on sync to folders/labels ?
    I think you have to make the folders a favorite and will will sync them automatically. Otherwise it's an on demand thing.
    I added Gmail tasks from the Gmail Labs. I set up a quick launch shortcut and I think it loads at least as fast as the preloaded tasks app (and waaaaaay faster than Evernote). It loads perfectly and is easy to edit. I can't post links but slate dot com did a review of web based task lists and this was their pick. Just thought I would pass it along here because it is technically a part of gmail.
    That is brilliant ..combining the gmail tasks functionality to the quick launcher. Thanks for making my life a whole lot easier! I owe you one

Cheers,
    Andy
    I have a bunch of Google's apps set on the launcher. They all work as good as any native app! They load fast and format very well to the browser and if you think about it, have a desktop conduit! ii

They are great!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Why not use Live.com to combine & push all your mail? Its faster than Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Why not use Live.com to combine & push all your mail? Its faster than Gmail.
    Faster than gmail? While everyone has opinions regarding what email provider they might prefer, it's pretty silly to say "my email is faster than yours". Considering IMAP push on gmail is instantaneous.

Live.com would have to send mail... from the future!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Faster than gmail? While everyone has opinions regarding what email provider they might prefer, it's pretty silly to say "my email is faster than yours". Considering IMAP push on gmail is instantaneous.

Live.com would have to send mail... from the future!
    I agree, Gmail is about as fast as it gets. Others maybe be equal but I doubt they are any faster.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12