Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i saw on sprint's website that the pre now supports yahoo mail. i added it via mail and it is there. Is this new? does anyone know if this is pop or if it syncs?
    Since you've added it, can you tell if it syncs or not?
    push email for yahoo mail has been there since launch. i have 2 yahoo, 2 gmail, and 1 personal IMAP account all pushing to my pre since saturday morning.

YahooIM and contacts/calendars is not available, yet, though. it's been semi-confirmed that all of that will be coming fairly soon. personally i am hoping that the YahooIM will come together with a fix for the AIM battery drain bug as well.
    I wonder if Yahoo contacts/calendar will be push.
    Brandon
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I just tested and it syncs. They had a lot of press regarding gmail and exchange but i never heard anything regarding yahoo so it is new to me. Pretty psyched. Thanks for the details @un designer.
    The lack of a consistent message for Yahoo is really frustrating. Sprint says it supports it, Palm says it only support Yahoo Plus (I called today) and it's not push, yet people on here have push with free Yahoo mail. I got mine to work with it, but not push. Not sure why...but seems to work consistently once I had it check every 5 min.
    Actually if you look at the URL in yahooMail, Palm has servers that push it to you....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    OK what does "push" mean and how can u tell if youtmail is "pushed" or not?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have Yahoo configured and it appears to receive mail, I assume via push, even though I have it set to manual. Could this be a bug or is it just me?
    TTFN
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyStyle View Post
    OK what does "push" mean and how can u tell if youtmail is "pushed" or not?
    the pre's "push email" is actually IMAP IDLE. here's a pretty short, good and succinct explanation of the different push email technologies out there, as well as the pros & cons of each:

IMAP IDLE: The best approach for 'push' email
    Yay! Yahoo works for those of us who dont have the paid account (POP3 access)!!! Now I can check my spam account on my Pre...yay!
    Also see...

m.yahoo.com
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    My g/f just got her yahoo account to work. When she first got it, she could not send any messages. Now she can send and receive, this is good news! Love my pre.
    The "as it arrives" option has not worked for me with Y! Mail. I received an e-mail at 5:00am this morning... and Pre still wasn't showing it at 8:00am. The "every 5 minutes" option is at least consistent.
    when you erase from the Pre will it erase in Yahoo? (for non-paid accounts)
    someone post the settings.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Maybe there was a mandatory install/fix for this? Maybe it was something on Yahoo's side? Whatever it is cool! The Pre Rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the pre's "push email" is actually IMAP IDLE. here's a pretty short, good and succinct explanation of the different push email technologies out there, as well as the pros & cons of each:

IMAP IDLE: The best approach for 'push' email
    There are no downfalls to EAS which is better than IDLE. But most people don't have their own exchange server like I do.

Plus that article doesn't talk about EAS as even an option for true push.
    Last edited by syphex; 06/15/2009 at 10:49 PM.