1.    #1  
    Anyone have luck getting this to work?

I just tried and it syncs the pictures okay, and when browsing the pre as a drive, I can see the photos in the "Photos" directory that iPhoto created on the Pre, but when I go to the Pre to view the photos w/ the "Photos" app, I don't see any of the picts. It appears that it only wants to recognize photos that are in the default "DCIM" folder.

Anyone figure out how to get around this?
    Nope. I just drag things to the DCIM folder. Music is similar though. I synced over some podcasts with Winamp and they show up just fine but I'll be damned if I can find them in the file browser when in USB mode.

On a side note, has anyone else played with unhiding "hidden" files in Windows Explorer? I just found some iTunes sync info despite not using iTunes. Must be some compatibility stuff.
  3.    #3  
    haha, just realized why this is happening...

I'd UNclicked the check box in the iPhoto Sync to include "full resolution photos" on the iPod (in the hopes that it would just copy over reduced resolution versions to save space), but apparently that doesn't work. If you check the box and have it copy over the full res photos, it all works.
    That works fine, but i have a huge iphoto library (having a 12MP camera) and i want the reduced size images sync to the Pre. Wonder if there's a way to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by etarina View Post
    Anyone have luck getting this to work?

I just tried and it syncs the pictures okay, and when browsing the pre as a drive, I can see the photos in the "Photos" directory that iPhoto created on the Pre, but when I go to the Pre to view the photos w/ the "Photos" app, I don't see any of the picts. It appears that it only wants to recognize photos that are in the default "DCIM" folder.

Anyone figure out how to get around this?
    The way to get around this is forget about iPhoto and install a free app called Picasa, especially since they have a Mac version now. Seriously you'll thank me. Every Mac user I tell about this App tries it, then never goes back to iPhoto.
    Submit your Pre feature requests and vote up the best at http://pre.uservoice.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Nope. I just drag things to the DCIM folder. Music is similar though. I synced over some podcasts with Winamp and they show up just fine but I'll be damned if I can find them in the file browser when in USB mode.

On a side note, has anyone else played with unhiding "hidden" files in Windows Explorer? I just found some iTunes sync info despite not using iTunes. Must be some compatibility stuff.
    You're not suppose to sync music files in USB mode. You're suppose to use "media sync" mode. If you're using iTunes, you're music will transfer over just like an iPod.
    Quote Originally Posted by etarina View Post
    haha, just realized why this is happening...

I'd UNclicked the check box in the iPhoto Sync to include "full resolution photos" on the iPod (in the hopes that it would just copy over reduced resolution versions to save space), but apparently that doesn't work. If you check the box and have it copy over the full res photos, it all works.
    Quote Originally Posted by helfire View Post
    That works fine, but i have a huge iphoto library (having a 12MP camera) and i want the reduced size images sync to the Pre. Wonder if there's a way to do this?
    I would export pics to a max dimension of 2000 and at high quality. Also set File Name to Album name with number so it's easier to organize into folders on the Pre. That makes all the pics 2000x1500 (3MP). I figured this to be the equivalent of iPhoto optimized pics. It should be large enough to zoom yet small enough file size to fit a lot. Average photo size is about 700 KBs.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001