Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me whether you can send appointments from the calendar ?
    Also can you see who accepted the meeting on your Pre (assuming you can see the attendees).

Thanks
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    BUMP, any ideas on this one folks?
    you should have no problems with this. If you set up the exchange mail correctly the exchange calendar is automagically populated.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    I am running exchange and I do not see a way to add participants to an appointment made in the calendar app.
    I don't think you can invite attendees from a calendar appt. I can't with Google calendar. Wouldn't know about Exchange...cause I can't get my Pre to work with Exchange!
    Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    I don't think you can invite attendees from a calendar appt. I can't with Google calendar. Wouldn't know about Exchange...cause I can't get my Pre to work with Exchange!
    Have you done the 1.0.2 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Have you done the 1.0.2 update?
    Yeppers. My problem is that we don't use SSL so I can't sync. I know, I know...we should but we don't and, I talked to the IT guy yesterday and it's not gonna happen. Just the way it is.

So now I'm just checking that software update app all the time
    Brandon
    This is a limitation of MS Exchange AES, you can't create appointments w/ invitee's from your mobile device. Not in WinMO, or iPhone anyways...can't remember as far back from when I last had a BB though....
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    This is a limitation of MS Exchange AES, you can't create appointments w/ invitee's from your mobile device. Not in WinMO, or iPhone anyways...can't remember as far back from when I last had a BB though....
    This is not a limitation of Windows Mobile. I create appointments in WINMO 6.0 and 6.1 with local contacts routinely
    If you create the appointment with invites in Outlook, then the Pre is able to add and remove those participants, however I've not been able to create a new appointment and add participants on the Pre itself. It appears that the complete functionality is there, it is just that the participants widget is not shown on new appointments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    That's not a limitation of EAS. Windows Mobile supports this and the iPhone 3.0 OS supports this too.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannns View Post
    If you create the appointment with invites in Outlook, then the Pre is able to add and remove those participants, however I've not been able to create a new appointment and add participants on the Pre itself. It appears that the complete functionality is there, it is just that the participants widget is not shown on new appointments.
    This is another example of poor EAS integration. I'll add this to the bug list.
    The Pre works much like the current iPhone OS where you can accept or reject appointments that someone else invites you to. However, as mentioned above you cannot create appointments with attendees on the Pre. I have tried every mobile OS and the only one that lets you do this is Windows Mobile. WM offers the BEST Exchange support, but it sure would make the Pre more compelling if Palm could add this as well.
    Check out my ZDNet blog at http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones/ and my SPE site http://nokiaexperts.com
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Yes, agree. Unlike the iPhone which doesn't profess to be a phone for the enterprise the Pre can truly fill that gap in the market which requires a keyboard device to qualify as a popular enterprise choice and still provide the great interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    Yeppers. My problem is that we don't use SSL so I can't sync. I know, I know...we should but we don't and, I talked to the IT guy yesterday and it's not gonna happen. Just the way it is.

So now I'm just checking that software update app all the time
    You can get an SSL Cert for like $29.99 from GoDaddy... you should mention to your IT guy that this IT guy said that you're phone is submitting your exchange/domain password in clear text. If your IT guy doesn't know how to install an SSL cert (incredibly easy, about 10 clicks in IIS), he certainly shouldn't be managing your Exchange server!
    Last edited by TheFever; 06/10/2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Mentioned where to get a $30 cert and poor IT security
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    This is another example of poor EAS integration. I'll add this to the bug list.
    It's not a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhammond View Post
    That's not a limitation of EAS. Windows Mobile supports this and the iPhone 3.0 OS supports this too.
    You are absolutely correct about WinMo. I just tested it and you can add invitees from you local contact list.

I guess we will have to wait for 3.0 to test w/ the iPhone...it does not work in 2.2.1 though.
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    BB Bold supports this. I use it all the time. I can also look up all contacts on the server. I hope this is something they will get out in the next update. This was an issue with the iPhone users when they switched from the BB phones.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    OMG if I can't lookup contacts in the corporate directory from the PRE I can see this being a real issue for me!

Are you saying the PRE doesn't support this?
    Pre definitely supports lookup from GAL (your corp Exchange directory). Unfortunately adding participants to meetings isn't possible when these are created on the Pre. The other thing that is driving me nucking futs is not being able to accept a meeting invite and suppress the invite being sent. Has anyone found a way to do this? Hell even crappy VersaMail let you Reply with comments, Reply w/o comments, or Not reply at all. I need this!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast