Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I realized the default setting was to put deleted mail in the trash. If you are like me and prefer to archive everything, go to Email->Preferences & Accounts (in upper left menu)->Select the account->Scroll down to Default Folders and change the trash folder to "All Mail"

This will move mail out of your inbox without deleting it. Hope this helps.
    I just set it to show the last 3 days of email and never delete anything.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I just prefer this to keep my inbox tamed. That's less time I spend organizing my email.
    I like to do both equally, so I'm sorta screwed unless Palm updates it. Can't use the web version yet because I can't log into my google accounts on the web (sym symbols can't be inserted).
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    When I do what you suggest when I swipe the email off the screen it is not on my phone any more but it is still in my inbox on my CPU. Is there a way that by swiping it off the pre that it will archive it on my CPU. Is it possible I am not waiting long enough, it's been like 5 min since I swiped it off my phone?
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    bump

Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    OP i'm the same way. My old moto q was horrible for this.

one suggestion i have is change wording to "archive " instead of "All Mail or whatever it is now.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I created a separate folder called "Pre Trash Archive" rather than sending messages to "All Mail". Reason being is that sometimes I trash/archive one message in a thread from my phone, but don't touch the other. Therefore, it still ends up in my inbox. If I want to get the whole thread out of my inbox later, I can just open my Pre Trash Archive label on the computer, select all, and click archive. Any conversation that I meant to full archive now disappears from my inbox.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    So it doesn't look like there is any way to archive a convo or message from your phone and have it also archive it on your cpu right?

Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?