Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i've had trouble syncing my calendar with google. i've called palm and now 2 agents tell me you can not sync from Pre to Google -only google to pre-- somebody, please tell me they're wrong. According to the Data Transfer Instructions it is possible.

i'm on hold now with them!
    I have synced both ways to Google. The delay seems significant, and am not sure how often it syncs, but it works for me.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I have synced both ways to Google. The delay seems significant, and am not sure how often it syncs, but it works for me.
    thanks - i'm still on tech support with them - i've asked the escalate the call.

when you say significant - how long apprx? i had all my Palm events on the Pre yesterday afternoon and still nothing online with google calendar. i've forced a sync from the pre too and nothing online.
    Are you sure your new events is associated to your Google account?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Are you sure your new events is associated to your Google account?
    +1
  6.    #6  
    not sure what you mean by associated? i used the DTA to get all my events to the PRE (which it did). i set up my gmail/ google calendar account. when done with the DTA it asked for where to sycn next. i then put in my gmail/ google log in etc on the Pre.
    from what i udnerstand the pre should then sync with the google calendar - that's not happening - and tech can't help me!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Go to Calendar. Accounts & Preferences.

What is your default calendar? If i had to bet, I'd say it's NOT google.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  8.    #8  
    where do i collect?? my default calendar is google...
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    thanks - i'm still on tech support with them - i've asked the escalate the call.

when you say significant - how long apprx? i had all my Palm events on the Pre yesterday afternoon and still nothing online with google calendar. i've forced a sync from the pre too and nothing online.
    I would say maybe 30 minutes or so, but haven't sat down to time it exactly. I just know it's not immediate per se.

I had trouble syncing anything at all upon first set up. I fixed it by completely removing the Google account and re-adding it. That worked.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Weird. I'm having the same problem. I created an event on my phone (yes, it's associated with Google and Google is the default calendar too), went to Sync Now in the Preferences... and nothing appeared up on the website.

I'll give it a few hours to see if it syncs over on its own eventually, maybe it's a "bug" with the Sync Now button.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I would say maybe 30 minutes or so, but haven't sat down to time it exactly. I just know it's not immediate per se.

I had trouble syncing anything at all upon first set up. I fixed it by completely removing the Google account and re-adding it. That worked.
    removing google from the Pre?? and just readding the google account on the pre??
    Hmm...I've had weird bugs with Google calendar like events in the Pre being off by one day...but I've had no problems syncing from my PRE to Google Calendar. It's instantaneous.
  13.    #13  
    ok - i'm doing some more digging - my PAST events on google are all there -- just going forward are not there. also some of the holidays are wrong -for example it shows today as Columbus Day!
    should i just delete google account from the pre and then add it back?
  14.    #14  
    ok - i'm doing some more digging - my PAST events on google are all there -- just going forward are not there. also some of the holidays are wrong -for example it shows today as Columbus Day!
    should i just delete google account from the pre and then add it back?
    I made several changes to my Google calendar this morning and nothing yet appears on the Pre -- it's been conservatively an hour.

How often does the sync happen or must I select sync now to get them to coordinate?

Also, the Pre keeps repopulating individual cancellations of recurring appointments -- not sure how to fix that one but it is havoc on my calendar -- had to revert to the 680 to see what was real. Eeeps.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    To the OP -
    I set something on my Pre (a reoccurring "event" to substitute for an alarm before the update), and it was on my Google calendar on my computer within the hour. Probably a bit earlier than that. When I deleted it from my calendar on my computer, it deleted it from my Pre that fast, too.

Maybe it's the Pre you got? I would delete the google account from the Pre, then re-add it to your Pre. Just pretend like you are adding the account for the first time. Maybe that will work.

Also, some people on here are having luck with taking the battery out and putting it back in to fix small bugs. You could try that. ???
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I'm also having this same problem. I put a birthday on my Pre back on Saturday as an annual recurring event. Even today, it's still not showing up on Google.

Today, I even edited the event so that the first occurence is next year (I thought maybe it was hung up on adding an event with a first occurence in the past). I've forced a sync, and it's still not showing up.

I've checked and made sure that Google is my default calendar. I'm somewhat relieved to see I'm not alone. Hopefully Google's enthusiasm for the Pre that I read about on the home page will get us a fix for it.

I got a Pre for myself and my wife with the idea that I'd be able to add something to my Pre, it would go up to Google, which I've given her access to (as I have access to hers) and then flow down to her Pre so we'd always be in sync with each other's schedules.
  18.    #18  
    i spent 3 hours with a tech from palm - higher level - we finally got it going - this after 3 different user accounts for google because we had to rid the erroneous calendar events before uploading the correct ones. it was only after we were done that she told me she found a way to delete all calendar entries! she was very nice tho but one problem we had was when she inputted all the events the times were all off- that's because she's oversees somewhere and didn't change it to central time zone!
    it seems to be working fine now- both ways - up from the pre and down from google.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Could you please expand on what was done/wrong?

Did you have to delete the calendar on the Google side or Pre?

Thanks.
  20.    #20  
    i had to delete both on google and Pre.
    BUT - you don't have to delete on google. If your calendar events are messed up on google - just go to calendar, select settings (on the upper right), then click calendars tab, then look for delete. That deletes all your calendar appointments.

I had to do a soft reset of the Pre. then the tech did the changes remotely on my computer. i was using outlook 02 which is not supported by google (only 03 and 07). so she copied my calendar and contacts over to her computer and uploaded them to 03 version of outlook. then saved them to my desktop in version 03 of outlook. meanwhile, i created a brand new google account. she came back to my desktop and imported the csv file (from outlook) to the new google calendar/ contacts. then i first created a new email account on the Pre for my new google account. and then it all synced -
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast