Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hello.

I had the Sprint store rep transfer my contacts from my 755p to my Pre. How do I go about Syncing my pre with my computer now so I can have a backup of my contacts/apps.

Why is this so confusing...
    Sprint Treo 650 -->Treo 700p --> Treo 755p Burgundy --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Because you didn't read anything about the phone before you bought it and didn't read the manual after you bought it. You can do local sync with third party apps, but out of the box you can only sync with Exchange, Google, and Facebook through the cloud. You can back up your data with Palm's backup feature, but that is only a backup, you can't edit that data anywhere but on your Pre. Do some reading and come back with more questions.

EDIT: Apps are only backed up in Palm's backup feature
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Because you didn't read anything about the phone before you bought it and didn't read the manual after you bought it. You can do local sync with third party apps, but out of the box you can only sync with Exchange, Google, and Facebook through the cloud. You can back up your data with Palm's backup feature, but that is only a backup, you can't edit that data anywhere but on your Pre. Do some reading and come back with more questions.

EDIT: Apps are only backed up in Palm's backup feature
    I did do some reading, so thanks!

Where can I obtain these 3rd party apps. I did do a backup on my palm profile, but, how can I restore my data if I happen to do a hard-reset???

I have a gmail account, so you're saying my phone can auto sync (upload) all of my contacts on there? Or will it only pull down my contacts from gmail?

If so, how do I go about doing that. Thanks for the help
    Sprint Treo 650 -->Treo 700p --> Treo 755p Burgundy --> Palm Pre
    Go to the "help" app on your phone and do a little reading.