Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    I'm a big fan of Remember the Milk for tasks. They have apps which sync with all of the other main smartphones. Hopefully they will do and app for the Pre.
    That looks like it would be an acceptable app.! I sent them an email and will post any response I get here. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Because they're not going after people like you. They're going after the same crowed that flocked to the iPhone. Media, fun and games, with basic organizational stuff thrown in. But definitely not the heavy duty PIM user that got Palm started.

There's a lot more money to be made selling to 'tweens, teens and 20 somethings than to business users.
    That's too bad, because from what I understand, they're not really supporting the older Palm OS now, so they've basically alienated their core base in an attempt to appeal to the younger crowd you mentioned that doesn't do any real work on their device- yet probably could care less about the Pre. They want the iPhone and other similar devices.

Also tweens and 20 somethings don't spend the kind of cash on a monthly phone bill that heavy business users do. They get smaller minute plans, and then text during the day and wait for evening minutes to kick in and then start calling. Phone companies need to understand that the devices they sell impact the paying customers they'll get/keep.
    I heard back from Chapura and they said:
    "...currently PocketMirror can only synchronize Calendar and Contacts. We
    do hope to add Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes sync at some point in the
    future. "

Personally, coming from a 700p, I'm pushing for a Pre version of KeySuite, which handled pretty much everything I wanted from Outlook. In response to that, they said that "...we will use customer interest in those advanced features to determine our development plans."
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    It seems Companion Link will sync tasks, into Google Calendar. This is from their website:
    "Tasks syncs to your Google calendar"

I am not sure how this would work, but I suspect that if you did not complete a task on the day it was scheduled into Google Calendar, it would not continue to show 'uncompleted' and would 'disappear' the next day. It probably will not allow you to mark it 'completed' either.

As someone else said in this thread, the Pre appears to be aimed at a non-business oriented demographic, unfortunately.

The search for a 3rd party app. continues...
    That may be, but unfortunately the task manager in Google is very watered down. You can't delegate tasks to an assistant, for example, get task updates from that person, attach Word PDF and Excel files, etc. that you can do in Outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I heard back from Chapura and they said:
    "...currently PocketMirror can only synchronize Calendar and Contacts. We
    do hope to add Outlook Tasks and Outlook Notes sync at some point in the
    future.
    If this happens, it would be a great development.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    yes, tasks do in fact sync too.
    Where do you get that? I have seen nothing about tasks synchronizing, and mine do not synchronize. Please enlighten us all.

Tasks are such a fundamental point of a PDA, I can't believe PALM! Even if the target audience of the pre is a younger set...don't they have to do lists too?
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    It seems Companion Link will sync tasks, into Google Calendar. This is from their website:
    "Tasks syncs to your Google calendar"

I am not sure how this would work, but I suspect that if you did not complete a task on the day it was scheduled into Google Calendar, it would not continue to show 'uncompleted' and would 'disappear' the next day. It probably will not allow you to mark it 'completed' either.

As someone else said in this thread, the Pre appears to be aimed at a non-business oriented demographic, unfortunately.

The search for a 3rd party app. continues...
    Well, im no CL expert (2nd day of use) but yes, Tasks old and new sync, and there is a Checkbox to mark completed.
    I see pandas.
  8.    #28  
    I have not yet transferred any data to the Pre, hoping to find a solution to the Tasks issue first. Should I go ahead and do the initial transfer? Or will that prevent me from pulling in all of my Tasks history at some point in the future WHEN one of these 3rd party apps. includes Tasks?
    I am currently using gSyncit.

It is working well for me so far. Only using it for Calendar Sync atm.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    In my opinion, this is one of the more aggravating aspects of the Pre. Yes, it's really cool that you can sync over the cloud through google-almighty yada yada. But what if I want to just sync locally through BT or even just USB? What's so hard about that? Palm's been doing that for years... longer than anyone in the Market.

But no. Either I wait and hope that a third party app will come out to do one simple task that Palm should have done. Or I store my data on yet another server "out there somewhere".
    Googles tasks was just released fairly recently, so I give palm a pass on this one. I expect it to sync soon since it is now a core Google App.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Even better than the mobile version, try the iphone web version of Remember the Milk at Login - Remember The Milk

It requires a Pro account but it looks nice....15 day trial
    Thanks so much for that link. I tried the regular mobile version of Remember the Milk, but the formatting made it difficult to use on the Pre. However, the web version for iphones is fantastic!

Some screen shots:

List view

Tasks by due date:

This setup works great and will be workable until Remember the Milk releases an app for the Pre.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12