1.    #1  
    Hello! I’m really excited for all the new owners of the Pre! Myself, I’m a WM guy (currently the Treo Pro) and there is no way I can transition for quite some time (critical apps), but we’ll see how much the Pre picks up.

Anyway, I’m the Messaging Engineer for a large global company; one of my duties is handheld mobile technology. I own our BES, Good Link, and limited Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) services globally. Sprint has been our preferred provided in North America for years now and they have been pushing the Pre at me for awhile now.

The last technical briefing I had with Sprint we were told EAS will be supported on the Pre within 2 months of the release, with the goal of launch day.

Did that happen? Has anyone tried OTA EAS on their Pre?
    Is there something similar to “company email” on the Pre? If so, it will likely ask you the mail servers address. If your company is on exchange 2000 or 2003 (2k7 they might block it by default) and supports OWA, you could try that web address. Next it would ask for your active directory username, password, and likely domain (unless they have it setup right, and just requires your company email address)

Sprint has one being shipped to me this week, but i'm a real geek with this stuff and want to know NOW lol

I see there is no supported Good Link client, not sure there ever will be. I can get away with just EAS until 4Q 2009, by then they will all need certs and there is no way I’m going to talk support into manually installing certs on each Pre. Hopefully by then there would be an OTA method for the Pre, like SCMDM for WM6.1+ devices.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cord01; 06/07/2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cord01 View Post
    Hello! I知 really excited for all the new owners of the Pre! Myself, I知 a WM guy (currently the Treo Pro) and there is no way I can transition for quite some time (critical apps), but we値l see how much the Pre picks up.

Anyway, I知 the Messaging Engineer for a large global company; one of my duties is handheld mobile technology. I own our BES, Good Link, and limited Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) services globally. Sprint has been our preferred provided in North America for years now and they have been pushing the Pre at me for awhile now.

The last technical briefing I had with Sprint we were told EAS will be supported on the Pre within 2 months of the release, with the goal of launch day.

Did that happen? Has anyone tried OTA EAS on their Pre?
    Is there something similar to 田ompany email on the Pre? If so, it will likely ask you the mail servers address. If your company is on exchange 2000 or 2003 (2k7 they might block it by default) and supports OWA, you could try that web address. Next it would ask for your active directory username, password, and likely domain (unless they have it setup right, and just requires your company email address)

Sprint has one being shipped to me this week, but i'm a real geek with this stuff and want to know NOW lol

I see there is no supported Good Link client, not sure there ever will be. I can get away with just EAS until 4Q 2009, by then they will all need certs and there is no way I知 going to talk support into manually installing certs on each Pre. Hopefully by then there would be an OTA method for the Pre, like SCMDM for WM6.1+ devices.

Thanks!
    cord01, looks like I'm using the info from my OWA login and it's giving me a "username or password is not correct" message. I took the OWA address for "incoming mail server", the domain from what came up before my username on the OWA login (flashes as it's logging in") and of course my username and password. They're all correct. Any thoughts or suggestions???

Thanks!

HoKap