1.    #1  
    My contacts are now filled with BS AIM names any way to get rid of them?

or possibly to create a synergy "control" page? like i have 5 email accounts.. but only want one account to push out to contacts?

a synergy check off what you want pushed to your phone...
    I don't know if any of you noticed, but your contacts in the phone app does not have all the superfluous contacts.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Of the many absurdities in this phone, forcing all of your AIM buddies into your contact lists is one of the dumbest

Is there no way to fix this?
    try this:
    Stop Synchronization of Contacts With an Online Account
    If you synchronize contacts with an online account, you can delete the account from Contacts.
    This stops synchronization of contacts only—if you also sync email or calendar events with
    that online account, those continue to synchronize. Deleting the account from Contacts also
    deletes any associated contact entries from your phone only. The entries are not deleted from
    the online account.
    1. Open Contacts .
    2. Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    3. Tap the account name.
    4. Tap Remove Account and tap Remove Contact Account.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    hmm I would like to get rid of AIM contacts also. I tried those instructions but the only account listed is palm profile and I don't see a remove option.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    yeah same issue here...I'm using the palm profile and it doesn't let you remove anything
    Hopefully palm addresses this, b/c I've had my AIM account since middle school, and quite frankly, I don't need all those contacts in my address book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken View Post
    Hopefully palm addresses this, b/c I've had my AIM account since middle school, and quite frankly, I don't need all those contacts in my address book.
    No offense...but people are blaming Palm because THEY have junk/people they will never talk to again in their social applications.
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    No offense...but people are blaming Palm because THEY have junk/people they will never talk to again in their social applications.
    Doesn't everyone? Plus, some of my AIM contacts have 2+ screen names. Oh well, I can deal with it but would rather have them show up in AIM only. most of them don't even have a phone number or email address associated with the screen name.
    sry didn't work, anyone try deleting the aim contact in contacts app -- maybe one you never talk to just in case it deletes your buddy.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    sry didn't work, anyone try deleting the aim contact in contacts app -- maybe one you never talk to just in case it deletes your buddy.
    Tried that, it won't let you and says "Aim profiles cannot be deleted".
    There's not a way to "delete" the IM names per se, but you can "link" the IM names to their owners in your phone book. I spent a couple of hours doing this yesterday and it really cleaned things up. In other words...if you have a contact sheet for Bob Smith, and an AIM id of bobsmith1 they will appear as separate contacts, but they can be linked under Bob Smith's name in your phone book at the other listing will disapear. If you are unaware, you can find step by step directions for this in your help file. Unfortunately, if they are a stand alone AIM id for somebody whose phone number you don't have you are SOL right now

Regards
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    oh, that's cool thanks.
    They are blaming Palm because "synergy" doesn't work very well right now. I am sure these problems will be addressed though.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    or maybe a lot of people have people on their aim buddy lists that they don't call or email and don't need them mixed with phone numbers
    Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    It's not a big deal just trying to understand how it works etc. If palringo or someone made an AIM app we could use that instead. Can't wait for MSN app.
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    or maybe a lot of people have people on their aim buddy lists that they don't call or email and don't need them mixed with phone numbers
    This. I have friends who I have their screen name but I don't have their phone numbers or vice versa.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    it's also worth pointing out that it's still listing AIM names under Contacts that I've since deleted from buddy list. great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    Then people should be also made aware of the phone number only address book in the phone app.