1.    #1  
    Can someone please give me the dumbed down version of how to get my contacts onto my Pre? I had a Centro and have all my contacts in Palm desktop, but when I do the transfer, nothing happens. All I really care about are the contacts since I don't really want to manually enter them all. I also really don't want to have to open a google account or anything else. HELP!!!
    plug in Pre as USB drive, then download and run this
    Palm.com : Data Transfer Assistant (Windows)
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    make sure you have the most up to date version of Palm Desktop

Palm actually has a helpful website on this subject
    Palm - Start here: Move your info to your webOS™ phone
  4.    #4  
    I've tried that twice and it doesn't do anything
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if all else fails you could always take the two devices to the Sprint corporate Store and ask them to assist you with the transfer of contacts.
  6.    #6  
    I already gave the Centro to my niece and wiped everything off of it :S
    When you open Palm Desktop do you see the contacts? Make sure the user in the upper right hand corner is correct?
  8.    #8  
    It is right.... this is such a bummer. I LOVE the phone, but this is a PITA!
    I never got my contacts to transfer using the DTA from my Palm Desktop. I ended up returning the phone this morning. Honestly, I 'm thinking it is a problem with DTA or the Palm Servers. My calendar sync was fine, but no contacts.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    That's unfortunate Advocate... my DTA worked pretty darn well. No categories made the leap but overall a pretty good switch.
  11.    #11  
    I don't have any plans of returning the phone, especially not just because of that. If worse comes to worse, I will just have to add them all in.
    I had to get the contacts in my 755 into the Palm Desktop first as I had never synced before. (Couldn't get them to sync initially due to a couple of corrupted contacts, once I fixed that with dbfix they synced right over).

The utility to bring them into the Pre was lickity split fast!
  13.    #13  
    well I bit the bullet and just put them in myself. It took me about an hour I guess, but all i did was names and phone numbers....no email, birthday, picture or ringer