webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > How do you access the Palm Profile
How do you access the Palm Profile
Like Tree1Likes

Old 06/07/2009, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've searched palm's site and the threads here and still couldn't find how to access palm profile. So I can see the contacts I don't have syncing with google and what not.
Oo Batman oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

go to contacts, then from there click the little tab on the top left that says contacts, then from there go to preferences and accounts
ia517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

i think he/she means this...

www.palm.com/palmprofile

use the email/password that you used to activate the phone originally to log in. there's not a whole lot there right now though which is kind of disappointing. i was hoping that it would be a place to go to, to see all the data that's associated with the phone/account.
un_designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

can there be more than one palm profile?
One_Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the link. If you ever loose your phone you can wipe it remotely. Wonder if you can recover it on a new Pre though if you ever have to do this though.
DNic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

One profile per user. You can use it to wipe your device or change your email address/password, but otherwise there isn't much there to fool with.
Old 06/07/2009, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

thx designer, that's what I meant. So the best thing for my to do is default to google contacts that way all my new contacts don't get lost if something happens to my phone right.
Oo Batman oO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
thx designer, that's what I meant. So the best thing for my to do is default to google contacts that way all my new contacts don't get lost if something happens to my phone right.
Whats the backup feature for then?
Old 06/07/2009, 06:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

i just did the FULL ERASE and RESTORE if anyone has specific questions.
Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 06:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
i just did the FULL ERASE and RESTORE if anyone has specific questions.
Just a walkthrough, did you wipe your phone from palms website? Also did it restore EVERYTHING?
Old 06/07/2009, 06:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

no you do everything from the PRE itself.

1. make sure you do a Backup First
2. go to Device Info and select - More Options - Full Erase - and Device Erases
3. then on Reboot it asks you if you have a Profile or Not - just like when you bought it - and you reenter your info. the Network already recognizes your phone and number etc.
4. After you enter your Profile email and PW, it does a restore of your SYNERGY Accounts - EAS and GMAIL etc. and any apps you downloaded from App store. My wallpaper, icons, favorites etc was not restored. i had no Profile contacts.

Last edited by Gekko; 06/07/2009 at 06:56 PM.
Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks gekko!
jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/07/2009, 10:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Gekko:

1) i have my contacts info go to the palm profile by default. will those contact info be restored?

2) all the pictures that i've taken with the camera and saved on the device... are those restored?

3) all the txt messages and AIM/gtalk conversations... are those restored?

thx!
un_designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 02:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

There's a pretty big security hole on the website. If you forget your password, you can reset it by simply answering the security question. Since these answers are often known by friends or easily guessed, that's a simple root for someone to get the ability to wipe out your Pre.

In cases like this, I make sure my "Security Answer" is gibberish. I'm still boggled that sites tell you to use complicated, unique passwords in the name of security, then enable giant backdoors like this.
jakerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2009, 02:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

I often use passwords that make no sense what so ever and are extremely long to prevent any possibility of a hack.

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
If you have an iTouch click me.
Eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2009, 12:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Just an FYI:

I exchanged my first Pre today (bad comma key). When my calendars were restored, they had swapped colors because they were restored in a different order than originally set up.

First Pre: Exchange = Yellow, Google = Green
Second Pre: Exchange = Green, Google = Yellow

This may not be a big deal, but I liked Google Green and I have been unable to find a way to select the color for each calendar. Now I know this is not a setting backed up.
chodaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2009, 12:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

You can select each color for each calendar in the calendar's preferences. Just click on the type and assign the color.

-------------------------------------
Discuss my apps in my developer forum
Kev1000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2009, 06:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Hey guys, when I set up a my Pre I told myself not to forget that darn login, but I was rushing and caught up in the moment. The PalmProfile page only allows for a password retrieval, but I forgot the actual email. Anyway to retrieve the email address?
Centro85#AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2009, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

ya same here i need help :S
hiramtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2009, 11:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

is anyone having problems retrieving palm profile info (when they do remember the sign in email and pass) i recently had to create a new profile because my original did not sync up with my new pre (replacement). the profile exists... i can see it on palm.com/palmprofile but. i dont know how to get it to my new phone. and i dont know why its not syncing in the first place. and... further more, im getting a new pre in 2 days, cause the last "new" one they gave me had a cracked screen, and after the 1.2 update i lost all my app icons, and the ability to sync to the computer. hmmm help? so with the new replacement i would like to be able to import the original palm profile, to get back my almost 300 contacts. that i really need. thanks!
bubbatx is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0