1.    #1  
    After setting up my EAS account on my Pre, all of my folders show up on my Pre but no emails are in any of them. I've let it try and sync for a couple of hours as well.

I also WAS able to send out an email to both my Exchange account and another one of my email addresses with that account, but it didn't display on my Pre (either in the Inbox or the Sent Items). It did, however, show up in my Outlook on my computer and through OWA.

My calendar and contacts also haven't pulled down into my phone through EAS. Whenever I compose a new email, however, email addresses in my Global Address List are populating as I start typing them for the "To:" field (through Global Address Search).

I have installed every certificate that I could get through OWA, and still no luck.

I know there's something I'm missing. Has anybody run into this yet or found a solution (or read about one somewhere)? I've read through the other EAS threads I could find, but couldn't find a scenerio like this, so I apoligize if this has been asked and answered already.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    After setting up my EAS account on my Pre, all of my folders show up on my Pre but no emails are in any of them. I've let it try and sync for a couple of hours as well.

I also WAS able to send out an email to both my Exchange account and another one of my email addresses with that account, but it didn't display on my Pre (either in the Inbox or the Sent Items). It did, however, show up in my Outlook on my computer and through OWA.

My calendar and contacts also haven't pulled down into my phone through EAS. Whenever I compose a new email, however, email addresses in my Global Address List are populating as I start typing them for the "To:" field (through Global Address Search).

I have installed every certificate that I could get through OWA, and still no luck.

I know there's something I'm missing. Has anybody run into this yet or found a solution (or read about one somewhere)? I've read through the other EAS threads I could find, but couldn't find a scenerio like this, so I apoligize if this has been asked and answered already.

Thanks in advance.
    Same exact issue here. I am using Comcast Business class and they give us hosted exchange accounts which work fine with windows mobile and the iphone but its not working on my Pre. They are using signed certs so that's not the issue. I am guessing that they have a security policy enabled that isn't supported by the Pre, but I haven't see any errors come up.

When I called palm I was on the phone for a total of 56 minutes and they didn't get anywhere. They finally put me on hold for 10 minutes and then it disconnected me. So much for customer service...
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Dang...that's too bad to hear about support.

It's frustrating that no errors are coming up to help identify the issue.
    I ended up forwarding all my email to my exchange server at home for the time being and it works fine. With all the default settings and a self signed cert. It works great, now if only the hosted account with comcast would do the same.
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Same problem here. With the initial EAS account sync, mail/contacts/calendar items synced in. Now, after that, no new mail and no contact or calendar items will sync in either direction. I can send mail but that is it. Using a public valid SSL cert and I have also added that cert and the root cert to the phone. So far, EAS is not useable at all since it does not do the fundamental feature - syncing.
  6.    #6  
    One fix, or rather issue, I ran across is that if you're on Exchange 2007, it must be SP1 to work with the Pre.
    Apparently it's a known issue that Palm is working on, but there's no ETA.

This applies to me, so I'm trying to see if we can update to SP1 and I'll update with if it worked or not.
    this is weird...i have 2 phones that work fine with our EAS server, and 1 that does exactly what you describe in the thread title.

We are on a hosted exchange solution, and the server has to be setup correctly because 2 phones work and 1 does not.

The one phone that does not work, his mailbox is HUGE, he leaves everything in the inbox, he has 12,350 mail in his inbox....yes i said inbox...

im gonna try to move all his email to a sub folder and start from there...its the only thing different between the 3 accounts.

Make sense?
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    ok, changed to show all mail, rather than last 3 days and now his mail is coming in.

its coming in oldest to newest....so i can see where the problem lies....the pre was going through all that old mail trying to find the last 3 days...also explains his crappy battey life...

weird i know but hopefully this will work for you guys!

it worked for this phone...assuming his pre can handle 12,350 emails.
    Last edited by Cipro; 06/08/2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: new info
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have this same issue and we are using Exchange 2007 with no sp1. We are upgrading to sp1 the 15th so hopefully it works then. Or if Palm comes up with a fix until then.
  10.    #10  
    We upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP1 last night, and now everything (email, calendar, and contacts) is syncing correctly!

Just wanted to update to confirm that this is a known issue with a valid resolution.