Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I use fastmail.fm as a more powerful alternative to gmail. I use a rule to sort some of my work email out of the inbox to a subfolder. The inbox pushes immediately, but the work subfolder must be synced manually. Has anyone figured out how to have subfolders push in an imap client (gmail, or otherwise)?

Another problem I'm having is setting up an alias for the fastmail account so it looks like I'm responding from my work address. The reply to address field is not working.

Has anyone figured out these two issues? Thanks
    Have you tried starring the folder maybe?
    Looks like this is the problem i'm having.
    At first I though push notifications were not working with EAS but it seems that was because I had rules automatically moving messages to folders. I disabled those rules and now i'm getting EAS push notifications.

I still don't seem to be getting push notifications from my regular IMAP server though
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Push w/ IMAP does not seem to currently work
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmp459 View Post
    Push w/ IMAP does not seem to currently work
    It's working for me.

BTW, I'm having the same subfolder problem with EAS. I get too much e-mail to turn off my rules. Anyone have a solution for this?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    It doesnt work for gmail. I have six sub folders/labels that doesn't get updated unless i select them. This is one of my issues with the phone so far. All your email should push regardless..IMO

Oh yea...The star thing doesnt help..
    in the email app, expand the exchange section, MARK SUB FOLDERS WITH STAR
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iphony View Post
    in the email app, expand the exchange section, MARK SUB FOLDERS WITH STAR
    This doesn't help. It just makes it a favorite. What we need is to have the push icon to the left of the folder name. Can't figure out how to do this, if it's even possible.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugewhyte View Post
    It doesnt work for gmail. I have six sub folders/labels that doesn't get updated unless i select them.

Oh yea...The star thing doesnt help..
    See above...Star doesn't work
    I'm having problems also. I have an IMAP account set up with my own domain. I was able to get it to work when I set up the Pre on Saturday and got emails to my inbox. Since then, I've sent test emails and they don't arrive, even when I manually sync the inbox.

I guess we're all the beta testers for this phone...but I'm sure we knew that before buying.
    I have my corporate exchange account setup, push is working great on the inbox, but my other folders don't update until I select them. I get way too much mail to make everything go to the inbox. Hope this is fixed soon.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My imap acconts just don't push. I have to select them to get the email. Any ideas?
    Yes, none of my IMAP subfolders (which I also use server-side filtering with) check mail automatically (the one set to PUSH nor the ones set to 1 hour or 6 hours). Only the top-level Inbox. folder is automatic. They need to fix this ASAP!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmp459 View Post
    My imap acconts just don't push. I have to select them to get the email. Any ideas?
    Perhaps your server doesn't support IDLE/PUSH. Check with whoever runs your server.
    Having same issue with no push to subfolders in EAS.

Need a solution quick....way too much email to turn off rules.

Call Palm...I already have.
  16.    #16  
    The only workaround I see for now is to sort your mail into subfolders and then add a redirect rule to a separate account, like Gmail. Of course, this will not mark the original email read on your desktop when you read it on the Pre. I hope that Palm has gotten the message that pushing subfolders is vital for business use, and is needed to attract Blackberry and Chatteremail users.
    I have this same problem with my desktop version of thunderbird (freeware outlook like email client) using gmail, I don't get push with the subfolders. I think it maybe an imap idle/push limitation.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    I have this same problem with my desktop version of thunderbird (freeware outlook like email client) using gmail, I don't get push with the subfolders. I think it maybe an imap idle/push limitation.
    It's not an IMAP push limitation, it's a limitation of the Pre's mail client. For example. Chatteremail for the Palm OS handled subfolders easily. I believe Blackberry BIS has the capability, but not sure about the iPhone.
    thunderbird handles the subfolders, but I don't get push in the subfolders -- could be it's a setting I have wrong though.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    The only workaround I see for now is to sort your mail into subfolders and then add a redirect rule to a separate account, like Gmail. Of course, this will not mark the original email read on your desktop when you read it on the Pre. I hope that Palm has gotten the message that pushing subfolders is vital for business use, and is needed to attract Blackberry and Chatteremail users.
    I wouldn't do it this way because it will mess up your contacts. I think...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast