Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I had this issue with both gmail and yahoo on both WinMo and BB devices. Never been able to figure it out. I believe it may either be a limitation of the protocol or, perhaps, a limitation from the server side (from gmail, yahoo, etc)
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quold View Post
    I had this issue with both gmail and yahoo on both WinMo and BB devices. Never been able to figure it out. I believe it may either be a limitation of the protocol or, perhaps, a limitation from the server side (from gmail, yahoo, etc)
    Sorry to be repetitive, but I had IMAP subfolders pushing from Fastmail and Gmail to my Treo 650 using Chatteremail. It's not a limitation of the IMAP protocol and can be a feature added to the Pre if Palm decides to update the email client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quold View Post
    Neither WM or BB have supported IMAP idle push. I believe BB has recently added that feature to BIS for gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8 View Post
    Sorry to be repetitive, but I had IMAP subfolders pushing from Fastmail and Gmail to my Treo 650 using Chatteremail. It's not a limitation of the IMAP protocol and can be a feature added to the Pre if Palm decides to update the email client.
    I can confirm, except for the 'had' part. Still using Chattermail becasue email is very important to me.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Does anyone have issues about Chattermail while running under Classic Palm OS on Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweron View Post
    Does anyone have issues about Chattermail while running under Classic Palm OS on Pre?
    I don't beleive that will work. Chattermail will only work on PalmOS Treos and Centros.
    Fastmail just send out information about possibly using msgpush.com to use Fastmail on the iPhone to avoid their IMAP issues.

msgpush.com for IMAP push email to your iPhone FastMail.FM Weblog

I've been reading all the information I can find so far, but can't find if msgpush supports folders (specifically pushing to the folders). Has anyone here tried? I'm wondering if this would work for the Pre as well.

My current contract (Centro) goes into Jan, so I haven't been able to get a Pre yet, but email is my primary use, (I'm deaf and don't chat all that much on the phone ;-) ). The use of folders is a must for me, and would much prefer push into folders, like Chattermail.

Thanks.
    My gmail account pushes fine to my outlook express email client...all subfolders are updated no problem.
    My Pre only updates my inbox...no other folder shows any of my messages. I tried the star thing and checked my IMAP settings in Gmail. Still no good. I need those emails on the phone. Palm please help with this one.
    DOes anybody know if Palm monitors this or any other Pre forum?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a work-around for the issue of IMAP subfolders not pushing (other than forwarding to another account's inbox)? This is a major annoyance for me as well. With all the updates to email in the 1.1 release I was really hoping this would get fixed.
  11.    #31  
    This is #1 on my wish list now that random syncing of accounts set to manual has been fixed. I miss subfolder push from the Chatteremail days with my Treo 650.
    I just purchased my pre this week. I have been using chatteremail for 4 years with IMAP and subfolder push. I have important email accounts set up as aliases that go directly into subfolders and am really missing the ability to push emails to them.

Since it has been a couple months since anyone has posted on this topic, has anyone figured out a way to push emails from IMAP subfolders? I would greatly appreciate any potential solutions?
    thanks
  13.    #33  
    There isn't a fix yet. My workaround is to run my rules in one Fastmail account and then redirect the subfolder to an inbox in a second account. Of course, this would get unruly for multiple subfolders. A real solution to this problem is still #1 on my WeOs wish list.
    horatio8
    thanks, I was thinking about doing that. I am on fastmail also. I currently have the enhanced level. Did you have to pay for a second account (or use one of their free ones)? I might be able to use an ad free account.

Since Palm has not addressed this since the Pre came out, I wonder if they ever will? I also wonder if anyone will develop an email app to use instead of Palm's. Too bad Marc Blanc (chatteremail creater) left palm.
  15.    #35  
    I've always had two Fastmail enhanced accounts when I used Chatter on my Treo 650. Previously, I used the second to forward my exchange email, but the Pre's EAS support makes that unnecessary.

On a separate note, has anyone heard anything from Marc Blank? I can't find anything about the Android mail client that he had said he was working on.
    For what it's worth:

There are two small posts on an Android Forum where Marc Blank is asking whether or not any of his old chatteremail users are on Android and would like to test a new client that he would build from scratch.

Any ChatterEmail users? - Android Forums

2nd call for ChatterEmail users... - Android Forums
    IMAP on webos currently only checks Inbox, no other folders, marked as favorite or not. Kind of defeats the purpose of using idle/push in the first place, eh?

I ended up just making a 2nd account and forwarding all mail to its inbox so that I always know if I have something while still sorting it into the proper folders on my main account.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12