Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I accepted some friend requests in Facebook last night. They still haven't shown up in my Pre, either as linked in a contact or separate. Anyone else having this issue?

All of the Facebook contacts are there from when I originally added my Facebook account to the Pre, just the newly accepted friends aren't showing up.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Yup, I'm having this problem too. The only way I could get the new ones was to delete the facebook account on my pre and readding it.
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried hitting the sync button in the contacts app to see if that fixes it? I'm wondering if it's that the sync didn't automatically happen as it should, or if the sync just didn't work.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by proptied View Post
    Yup, I'm having this problem too. The only way I could get the new ones was to delete the facebook account on my pre and readding it.
    I considered doing this, but I have quite a few contacts that I had to manually link because no data between Google/Facebook/AIM was the same. I'd hate to have to go back and re-link contacts every time I have new Facebook friends!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried hitting the sync button in the contacts app to see if that fixes it? I'm wondering if it's that the sync didn't automatically happen as it should, or if the sync just didn't work.
    About a dozen times!!! Google contacts updates when I do. Facebook doesn't.

ALSO: I just noticed that AIM contacts don't seem to update either. I logged into AIM on my computer and deleted some contacts last night, those are still in my Pre as well!!! :-(
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 06/07/2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Typo
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've tried that with no luck. I've also tried different combinations of re-signing in and syncing and nothing worked, unfortunately.
    Ah, okay, I wasn't sure. That's disappointing then. Hopefully it'll be fixed quickly.
    I hope they fix this as well. I also noticed that if you delete a friend on Facebook, it still remains on your Pre.
    ive been trying all day to figure out this problem. i hope someone figures it out soon
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I haven't added new friends to facebook since the first load, but I had cleaned up my AIM account to remove old unused buddies. The Pre did not remove then even after pressing the sync accounts. I had to remove the account and re-add it and then only the remaining contacts got pulled in. And I had to manual link many of those AIM contacts. So I hope to not have to do this often. Hopefully palm finds a way to poll these accounts and update contacts. Especially since you can't delete an AIM contact. The only way to remove an unwanted AIM contact is to remove the account
  10.    #10  
    Hopefully 1.0.3 will be out next week! (wishful thinking)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Hopefully 1.0.3 will be out next week! (wishful thinking)
    Honestly, wouldn't be surprised. I would almost guarantee most of the bugs will be worked out by the time the all-out advertising starts at the end of the month. I'd guess that there might be a bug-fix update by Friday, with another bug-fix update the following week.
    hey guys i found this in my palm pre help screen. it could be why its not working correctly cause it needs 24 hours to adjust facebook.

Last edited by jamiespeck; 06/07/2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: error
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would expect the "Sync Now" to override that. But I guess I could be wrong.
  14.    #14  
    I did mine Saturday night, new friend still aren't on my Pre...
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I guess that officially means it is a problem than, eh?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by proptied View Post
    I guess that officially means it is a problem than, eh?
    Unfortunately yes, however I'm sure an update will fix this soon...
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    i approved a friend last night, and when i checked this morning, they were there.

However, I just noticed something on my facebook.

Go to settings - account settings - notifications.

Under my notifications - Other Applications - I have a Palm Sync. I just turned my on, wonder what that does.
    i have switched to the full html version until they address these fbook issues
    I think the palm sync might be related to a previous palm... did you have a treo or a centro before this?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post
    I think the palm sync might be related to a previous palm... did you have a treo or a centro before this?
    thought that as well, but no, I didn't have either.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast