Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    From that same page (Palm Pre FAQ: Synchronizing Contacts):

One-way synchronization is available with Facebook. You can set up your Facebook account on your phone, and your Facebook contacts will be synchronized from the online account to your phone. Any changes you make to contacts in the online account will be synchronized to the account on your phone. However, you cannot make changes to contacts in this account on your phone, and information cannot be synchronized from the Contacts app on your phone to the online account.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Almost forgot, inputting my password and selecting "sync now" did not pull in my recently added Facebook contacts.
    Looks like Palm found the bug. The following is from their FAQs and even sounds stupid.

How does contact sync work with Facebook?
    Syncing DOES NOT update a Facebook.com online account with changes made to Facebook contacts on the Pre phone.
    Syncing DOES NOT update a Pre phone with changes made to contacts at Facebook.com. See the following procedure for a workaround for this.
    To update your phone with new information on Facebook.com:

Delete the Facebook account from the phone. See Using Contacts, "Deleting an online account".
    Create a new Facebook account on the phone. See Using Contacts, "Adding an online account".
    Tap Sync Now. When the new Facebook account is finished syncing, all current Facebook contact information is added to Contacts. This may take a few minutes. Wait for the Facebook sync complete message at the bottom of the screen.
    Repeat this procedure whenever it is necessary to update Facebook contacts on your phone.
    $10 says that will be fixed in the next updated :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Looks like Palm found the bug. The following is from their FAQs and even sounds stupid.

thyat is disappointing, but the thing, it worked once for me. i added friends to facebook after the initial sync, and they came down.

i hope this if fixed, cause it would be lame to have to do this all the time. not that i would.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Strange. I added a friend today and it's on my phone already. Are you guys using wifi? Maybe that helps. Seems random at best after reading these comments....
    Any luck with 1.0.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by TastyHiHatWork View Post
    Any luck with 1.0.3?
    not yet.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightpix View Post
    $10 says that will be fixed in the next updated :-)
    I shoulda took that bet... the losers didn't fix it!
    I'm really hoping they fix this within the 30 days trial period, I just think they're being short sighted in not aggressively addressing this. Facebook is becoming more and more viral and will soon become more and more a PIM for people as well as a place to social network, Palm has an opportunity to really capitalize on this but I think they're gonna drop the ball....what do you all think?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    You're not kidding about it sounding stupid.. That is the most ridiculous "solution" I've seen.. Especially since you cant delete Facebook contacts that have been imported in (as well as AIM). Also, deleting the account and adding it again requires that you re-link the accounts which is a royal pain.

And while they say one thing in the top part of the FAQ, they contradict that statement later in the FAQ:

One-way synchronization is available with Facebook. You can set up your Facebook account on your phone, and your Facebook contacts will be synchronized from the online account to your phone. Any changes you make to contacts in the online account will be synchronized to the account on your phone.
    I am also having this problem...It will update the new contacts if you delete your facebook account on your Pre and then re-input the account information. The big problem here is that when you do this, all of your linked contacts are lost...any help would be appreciated...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    here is something even more strange. girl added me and i accepted via the txt message i received. less then a few hours later a guy added me and i accepted it i believe at my computer. the girls in my contact list and he isnt. 2 days later hes not there yet she was there a few hours later. with her i made no attempt to go in a sync that i remember she just showed up.
    two weeks for me and new friends still don't show up. I refuse to delete and start over since I spent so much time linking all my contacts.... boo palm (or facebook) boo.
    Another user here.. same issues, same lack of solutions....
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryran View Post
    Another user here.. same issues, same lack of solutions....
    This.
    It's a "FEATURE". Actually, all this means is they haven't worked out the bugs yet. Facebook will sync when they can make it work consistently with appropriate security.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    on my its still not working even after the update, removing the account worked but that also means I lost all my notes haaaaaaaaaaaa I don't why I keep hitting my head over and over again this exactly what I went through with my Treo... Palm will always make half *** products
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234