Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No luck for me after 24 hours, guess I will just delete and readd. It really isn't that much of a hassle.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    one of my friends that I added yesterday, he's still not came over.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    alright here's what I just did, I got it to come over.

went to contacts -> top left hand corner -> Preferences & accounts -> Facebook -> signed into FB -> scrolled down to sync now, and that contact came over.

however, I still have one missing, on my FB contacts it says I have 279, but actual FB says 280, but I did just add someone this afternoon.
    mine still don't show up. very strange. I've tried the method you suggested. I have added some last saturday and still nothing....????
    I've been waiting days for contacts to show up as well. I've also tried signing in and then doing the sync, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Same here...I've been looking for one particular contact days after he accepted my friend invitation. I also did the sync.

Quote Originally Posted by cbulock View Post
    I've been waiting days for contacts to show up as well. I've also tried signing in and then doing the sync, but it doesn't seem to have an effect.
    Place witty signature here:
    The friend I added like 5 days ago finally showed up. I believe it just takes time lol.

The recent ones are still not there yet but I'm sure they'll show up.
  8.    #48  
    1 week later and still no new Facebook friends...

Facebook Contacts (website): 246
    Facebook Contacts (Pre): 231
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 06/14/2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I finally had some facebook contacts update without re-syncing. It took about 72 hours. At least now I know they will eventually show up.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    After a couple days still new friend not synced in contacts. I've logged in Facebook under preferences and synced now and still didn't work. Also, i have 2 contacts from Facebook with no photo shown
    I have the palm sync option too. It was turned off. I have not owned any other Palm phones before that have synced to my facebook account.
    Oddly, even though new contacts aren't showing up still, but the contacts profile pics are updating. I've had friends that changed their pic just yesterday and are already up to date on the phone. So, it seems it's half working.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Same here - I have new friends on Facebook for a few days now (after I got Pre) that still haven't shown up on the Pre.

Also, not everyone's Profile pic transferred from Facebook to my Pre...
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    update:

i kept tract of contacts that i added and i have been checking daily to see if they auto-update.

on june 11th i became freinds with someone at 5:24pm

they showed up TODAY!!

so the friends do sync themselves but they do take a while.. fewww
    http : // kb . palm . com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/45503_en . html

This article seems to indicate that there is only one initial sync with Facebook, and you have to delete and re-add the Facebook account to update the info. That is really lame if it is true.

This article seems to indicate that there is only one initial sync with Facebook, and you have to delete and re-add the Facebook account to update the info. That is really lame if it is true.
    I don't think that's true because mine definitely showed up after the initial sync.
    I hope the update that they are planning on doing fixes this issue.
    I, too, have two friends whose Facebook photos don't show up on the Pre. I cannot find any setting on the Facebook site to block ppl's phones from seeing the photos, so if somebody knows of one, let me know where to find it (I want to see it).

I got a new Facebook friend on June 9th or 10th (I think it was) and they have not been added to my Pre yet, despite my attemps at retyping my password in and hitting the log-in button. However, one friend who is always changing her photo DID show a photo change before I even saw it/noticed it on the Facebook site, so that was cool.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have to agree I am still waiting for friends to still show up. Going on to day 3. I hope this is fixed with the next update. Maybe they will start showing up by next week!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I'm guessing that article was revised to provide a work-around for a bug.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast