Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    stupid question. If you manually delete the facebok or AIM contact (in the phone) that you previously deleted (on your computer) does it come back like plague?
  2.    #22  
    I activated the "Palm Sync" app in mine as well. I guess I'll wait another 24 to see if it syncs my new friends now.

Thanks for the update? Oh, did you new friend add before or after you activated the palm sync application in FB?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Anyone's new friends show up yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    i approved a friend last night, and when i checked this morning, they were there.

However, I just noticed something on my facebook.

Go to settings - account settings - notifications.

Under my notifications - Other Applications - I have a Palm Sync. I just turned my on, wonder what that does.
    I just updated my facebook account so we will see if this helps my syncing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post
    I think the palm sync might be related to a previous palm... did you have a treo or a centro before this?
    thought that as well, but no, I didn't have either.
    Heres the thing, I have never seen that until after I got my Pre, and the only other friend using it, is the friend who waited in line with me and got a Pre as well, so I do think it is an app that is related to the Pre
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
  6.    #26  
    Nope, mine haven't showed up yet. Apparently the Pre only looks for FB updates once every 24 hours. I haven't reached that mark after turning on the "Palm Sync" feature yet, so we'll see...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    Time to get VIRAL
    No new friends yet. I got sick of waiting and just deleted my account and then readded my account and synced up. Still let me know if works.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Oh, did you new friend add before or after you activated the palm sync application in FB?
    Mine came through the next morning before I discovered the Palm sync part.

I just added a new friend today, and he's not in my phone yet, I'll check again tonight and tomorrow morning and let you know what I find.
    in contact, if you go to preferences and click face book, there is a "password" field.

why is this there?

do you have to sign in to get your updates?

also, when you add a friedn to facebook, and they are only in facebook, what do you see on the pre when you search there name in contacts?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I added a friend to Facebook yesterday morning and they still have not shown up on the Pre. Is everyone else experiencing this same issue?
    btw, after typing in the password and hitting sync, the friends i added since the pre show up. not their pictures, but hopefully soon.
    Felipe
  12.    #32  
    OK, so 1 of the 4 new friends (all at the same time) showed up. Now I'm even more puzzled than I was before. It seems like they all would have been added or none at all.
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    OK, so 1 of the 4 new friends (all at the same time) showed up. Now I'm even more puzzled than I was before. It seems like they all would have been added or none at all.
    I wonder if it's settings on the users side in Facebook. Cause I know not all of my FB contacts came over. Maybe privacy settings the user would have or something?

But it still doesn't make sense that only 1 came over, and how long it took for them to get over to your phone. I dunno dude.
  14.    #34  
    I wonder if it's settings on the users side in Facebook. Cause I know not all of my FB contacts came over. Maybe privacy settings the user would have or something?

But it still doesn't make sense that only 1 came over, and how long it took for them to get over to your phone. I dunno dude.
    All of mine came over when I first added the account. It's the friends added after that is the problem.

I thought about privacy settings being the reason, but several people stated that they all came over after removing their Facebook account and re-adding it. If privacy settings were the issue the same contacts wouldn't have come over the second time either. I would do that, but I don't want to re-link profiles again.

I'll just wait for an update...
    Time to get VIRAL
    the face book pics have been downloaded to my pre.
    Felipe
    Still not working for me and it's been more than 24 hours.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Still not working for me and it's been more than 24 hours.
    Me either
    Time to get VIRAL
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Whenever I enter the password in that field and do a sync, everything new syncs over fine. I just changed my profile pic, entered in my facebook password, sync'd it up, and it was there right away.
  19.    #39  
    If you've changed your password, you can use that screen to re-login to Facebook and the Pre will remember your last credentials.

I tried to re-login using that screen a few times, no updates.
    Time to get VIRAL
    I checked again last night and the friend I added finally showed up. Looks like it took about 36 to 48 hours overrall.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast