Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Anyone else having this issue? I just realized it right now. I entered in a new contact yesterday, and it didn't sync up. I clicked on "sync now" under contact preferences, and it looked like it synced up, but no new contacts got added in Google. That sucks big time if it's only a one-way sync...

On a related note- the person I entered in yesterday, I got from a phone call. Meaning he called me, and I made a new contact from the received phone call. What's strange (gotta be a bug) is that under the recent phone call log, his number doesn't have a name attached, but it DOES show up under the contact list. Odd.
    is your DEFAULT Contacts account set to Palm Profile or Google? it will save new records only to the DEFAULT account you set. check it. in fact, check it for Calendar etc. too.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    is your DEFAULT Contacts account set to Palm Profile or Google? it will save new records only to the DEFAULT account you set. check it. in fact, check it for Calendar etc. too.
    Yeah. Do you have Google? Does it work on yours? Matter of fact, whoever is using Google as their main contacts (default account), can you test it? Add a new contact on your phone, sync it (Contacts->Preferences->Sync Now) and see if it/they get added to Google contacts (google.com/contacts). I hope it's just a bug...
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Somebody, anybody... I can't be the only one that it's not working for.
    I just checked with Gmail. Contact edits and new contact creations from my Pre are syncing to Google.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I called palm yesterday, and they told me that synergy only sends info to the Pre, but the Pre does not sent info to Google. Thats a shame!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    I called palm yesterday, and they told me that synergy only sends info to the Pre, but the Pre does not sent info to Google. Thats a shame!!!!
    Not to be argumentative, but I just created a contact on my Pre and edited another. Once I did the sync, both showed up in Contacts in my Gmail account.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Wonder why it's not working for me? I'll try a couple things, then post back.
    Quote Originally Posted by EStigall View Post
    Whoever you spoke to doesn't know what they're talking about. Check with what Gekko suggests. I tested this myself just now and worked like a charm, it saved to the default Google account.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I should add that deleting the contact on your Pre does not seem to delete it in Gmail.
    For more info, see

(palm dot com) /us/support/downloads/pre/migration/index.html?sssdmh=dm13.205471

I have the same problem. I use Google Calendar and Google Contacts, but don't have a gmail address; I use my personal one for my Google account (and want to keep it this way).

It hasn't just not synced my new contacts, the Pre has not synced ANY contacts with Google. And it is set as the default in my sync / contacts preferences.
    Anyone still having this issue?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retsamhgiht View Post
    Anyone still having this issue?
    Still there. I've added 3 new contacts on my Pre, none of which have showed up in gmail contacts.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Can we just sync calender and not contacts. My pre takes event from google account, but does not send event to google.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I had to remove google contacts, and then re-add the account. Now it sync up properly. Damn! That was frustratingly retarded.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    I had to remove google contacts, and then re-add the account. Now it sync up properly. Damn! That was frustratingly retarded.
    I tried this twice, I delete the contacts account and re-add it, the new data comes through the first time but it still does not sync, If I make a change on the device or in gmail, the info does not sync when I do a manual sync. Calendars seems to be working fine but contacts is killing me
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    im in same boat, got all my contacts to the phone,but NONE of them show up in my google account

help
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem.

I had a contact change their phone number. So I changed the number in my Pre and while I had their contact info open, I saw right in front of my eyes, the information default back to the phone number that is in my Google contacts.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tialoc View Post
    I tried this twice, I delete the contacts account and re-add it, the new data comes through the first time but it still does not sync, If I make a change on the device or in gmail, the info does not sync when I do a manual sync. Calendars seems to be working fine but contacts is killing me
    I called up Palm today, and the guy had a suggestion, that as of this writing (keeps fingers crossed) is still working. My previous solution of deleting, then re-establishing the account only worked for a short time, then stopped working.

Under contact accounts, I had my Palm Profile, my Facebook, and my Google contacts. When I added the FlightTracker app, it added itself to my contact list, and the Where app did the same. As a precaution, I deleted both of those apps in case they were responsible for the sync issues. I've since loaded the Where app and it still syncs properly. I'm going to wait a day before I add the FlightTracker app back.

I was on the Phone with Palm for about an hour, and although there was no definite solution, we spoke for a while about other issues, and he inevitably suggested two things. For technical issues, visit the official Palm forum, and try the following:

Delete the backup, and completely reset the phone to start from scratch.

Considering that I've spent some time downloading apps, linking profiles, etc.- I didn't go that route. What I did was delete the backup, delete the google contacts account, restart the phone, re-add the google contacts account, and then turn back on the backup.

What's interesting is that the first time (when I first got the phone) I added google contacts, it seemed to hang. The second time (attempting to fix the issue myself), it synced for 5 hours, and never stopped, and this time (+1 for Bob, the guy at Palm) it only took about 3 minutes.

You can control the backup on the 3rd app page, confusingly titled "backup". Also- I waited about 30 minutes before I turned back on the backup, just in case it was still syncing in the background. I added the Where app back about an hour after that.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    That did the trick. I didn't even wait 30 minutes before turning the backup back on. I just tested it and contacts sync back and forth between the Pre and Gmail contacts.

No dice for Facebook though, unfortunately.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast