Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41  
    My Palm was damaged and I got a new one. I was able to get most of my contacts from my contacts in gmail; however, there are a few (that I've noticed) that aren't on there.

    My contacts default is google, I've synched it. I see the contact in Google, but not on my Palm, help!
  2. #42  
    OK, I answered my own question. When I went into google to physically input it into my phone, google asked me if I wanted to save in "My Contacts." I did this, synched Palm and now it works! I just wish I knew how to figure out who wasn't in "My Contacts".....
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswass View Post
    OK, I answered my own question. When I went into google to physically input it into my phone, google asked me if I wanted to save in "My Contacts." I did this, synched Palm and now it works! I just wish I knew how to figure out who wasn't in "My Contacts".....
    To see which of your contacts are not in My Contacts (therefore by default they are in ALL Contacts)....

    • Go to www.google.com/contacts (and log in to your google account if needed)...
    • Select ALL Contacts from the list on the left side...
    • In the search bar area (next to the Google Contacts Beta header) type just a single space character...
    • The list in the middle of the page will fill with all of your contacts sorted into 2 groups: all from My Contacts above all from All Contacts. For any in All Contacts that you want synced to your Pre, just select them with a checkmark and pick "move to My Contacts"
  4. #44  
    This sucks, I have read everything and tried so many things to get my pre to sync with google contacts. I might as well have just retyped them. Initially it was creating multiple duplicates and omitting others. I went through all of my Outlook contacts, cleaned them up, and exported to a CSV file. I deleted all of my google contacts and then imported from the CSV file. Everything looks right on the google side, but when I try to sync, it only brings over 33 out of 295 contacts.

    As posted before, this seems to have been an issue that has been known for a long time, but Palm can't seem to figure out how to fix it. I seem to remember having a similar problem years ago with my old Palm Pilot and Hot Sync. Honestly, I am just about ready to get rid of this phone and start over. Yesterday, I drove around knocking on doors of houses trying to find where my 7 year old son was having a play date. The address was in my outlook, in my google contacts, but refused to sync with my Pre.

    Anyone have any idea why it would only sync 33 out of 295 contacts? It seems to be random too. Some of the contacts that are syncing are ones that I entered into my phone; some are ones that I entered into outlook. Thanks to anyone who can provide another suggestion that works.
  5. #45  
    Hey tedgw....

    I too was having this issue (and not realizing it) for the better part of the last month since the 1.3.5 update. Since my 700+ contacts were previously synced to the phone when the update occurred, my sync failures were just limited to changes and new contacts (both directions -- to and from my phone) so I only realized the isssue earlier this week when I looked up an address I knew I had updated on my Pre a few weeks ago, only to see the old address still in place in Google..

    To fix this, as suggested above, I went into my Google contacts and fixed all contacts with a number or symbol in them. It seems that some people have fixed the issues by only changing entries that begin with a number, symbol, or single character (W Hotel was one which caused a problem for me). Anyway, I did all of them that fit the bill.... I changed all numbers in the contact name to their text equivalent, I changed all "&" to "and" and I removed all symbols except periods in Dr.... I removed all apostrophes and possessives "Arturo's restaurant" to "Arturos Restaurant". After I did all of this (at www.google.com/contacts), I went into Contacts, then Preferences and selected Sync Now. After 5 or 10 minutes, all changes were updated (including new entries on the Pre which had not previously synced back to Google Contacts).

    I assume you might have tried this already since I'm not saying anything new that's not already in the last few pages of this thread, but you didn't explicitly say you've tried this so I figured it couldn't hurt to share my experience from earlier this week and what worked for me.

    Best wishes
  6. #46  
    greenawayj, I think it finally worked. I had to go thru the same laborious process of making sure all of my contacts were in the correct format and I deleted some obsolete ones. What a pain. I also just got "mytether" to work so it has turned out to be a banner day. Maybe I'll keep the damn thing after all.
  7. #47  
    I had the problem of none of my contacts coming onto my phone after editing my contacts in my gmail account...by editing...I mean putting them in Groups and removing them from "My Contacts". As a test...I re-added one of them to "My Contacts" group, performed a "Sync Now" from my phone...and whamo the contact showed up.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions