1.    #1  
    I generally use my phone to grab emails on the go, but like on every phone, once you have your emails on your phone they are seen as Unread until you open and close them. The Treo addressed this by allowing you to mark all selected as Read. Or by selecting all then marking them as read. Either way, I have found none of these features on the Pre. Sure would be nice to mark as read.
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I haven't found a way to mark multiple items as read. I wish there were one. I'd also like to see a way to move multiple items to another folder.
    do you guys notice the Check Mail option doesn't work either? i have mine to check manually but it still pulls email on its own. I'll be speaking with a level 2 support today and i'll mention both issues.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    do you guys notice the Check Mail option doesn't work either? i have mine to check manually but it still pulls email on its own. I'll be speaking with a level 2 support today and i'll mention both issues.
    This might be because you have IMAP selected instead of POP. IMAP will push email to you as it is received by the server. Technically the check every xx minutes should gray out when IMAP is used. If you want to swap this out simply change from IMAP to POP and it should check in the time frame you set it for.
    thanks! i'll check that out - i'm syncing music but as soon as i'm done.... appreciate it
    I believe there is a bug with manual - I had a POP acount set up and it was pulling every 15 minutes just like my main account was. I change it to every 12 hours and it seems to work ok.

Also - it seems that when you open an inbox, it pulls at that time regardless of your intervals. Right?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Also - it seems that when you open an inbox, it pulls at that time regardless of your intervals. Right?
    yes, that's what i find too... annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    This might be because you have IMAP selected instead of POP. IMAP will push email to you as it is received by the server. Technically the check every xx minutes should gray out when IMAP is used. If you want to swap this out simply change from IMAP to POP and it should check in the time frame you set it for.
    i just checked - it is set up as pop - and as i recall there are no settings to change anyway - at least that i see.
    Yep, I'll concur: no way to select multiple emails, let alone mark as read/unread. The lack of search is also a bummer.

I think we're definitely enjoying V1.0 core apps. Can't wait to see V1.1.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic