Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    As for the images, I don't recommend adding them on the Pre cause that doesn't sync back to google. Instead - add them to Google. Gmail will save them forever and they'll also appear on your Pre.
    Yeah, it's a one way street. And after a few hours we found out the hard way.

    Google Contact Photos ---> Palm Pre
  2. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
       #22  
    After putting about 30 Birthdays into the Google Contacts I've discovered yet another thing that won't sync. Birthdays. So whether you put one in your Google Contacts or your Pre Profile then that info is just going to sit there since the field doesn't sync anywhere. Your best bet is to make a Google Calendar with birthdates and just rely on that.

    This whole Synergy thing is becoming a real pain. Why not have a way to actually merge contacts (not stack them) so that you can combine contacts from different sources.
  3. #23  
    i like it, having multiple entries doesn't bother me because of universal search.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    After putting about 30 Birthdays into the Google Contacts I've discovered yet another thing that won't sync. Birthdays. So whether you put one in your Google Contacts or your Pre Profile then that info is just going to sit there since the field doesn't sync anywhere. Your best bet is to make a Google Calendar with birthdates and just rely on that.

    This whole Synergy thing is becoming a real pain. Why not have a way to actually merge contacts (not stack them) so that you can combine contacts from different sources.
    i create a birthday calendar and just put the days there.

    the thing is, i dont think the pre syncs with the stand alone google contacts, but only with the contacts on gmail. the contacts in gmail, dont have a field for birthdays.

    i hope one day not to need the birthday calendar and that the BDs show up in the calendar.

    fingers crossed.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    For me synergy has been very impressive. I haven't yet seen duplicate contacts. Synergy has been smart enough to link any contacts I have from multiple sources.
    What does synergy use as a 'Key" to match up contacts? That is to say, how does synergy know that the Mark Sunderlin in my wife's AIM directory is the same mark Sunderlin who is a friend of hers on facebook?

    It can't be by name as she actually has two 'Mark Sunderlin' friends on facebook, but synergy is smart enough to know which one to pair up to her AIM directory entry.
  6. #26  
    The problem I have had with synergy is that some of my contacts pictures didn't automatically update from facebook.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by drmegabyte View Post
    What does synergy use as a 'Key" to match up contacts? That is to say, how does synergy know that the Mark Sunderlin in my wife's AIM directory is the same mark Sunderlin who is a friend of hers on facebook?

    It can't be by name as she actually has two 'Mark Sunderlin' friends on facebook, but synergy is smart enough to know which one to pair up to her AIM directory entry.

    something similar, like the email address, and maybe even the phone number.

    i dont think it uses names.

    my sisters name is hyphenated in face book, but not in google. they were synergize because she only has one email address.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by KipEvil View Post
    The problem I have had with synergy is that some of my contacts pictures didn't automatically update from facebook.
    if the names came in from facebook, the pics will eventually come in.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions