Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is not a negative thread and I do love the pre so far.

I can not get the calender to show anything. Am I missing something very simple here? My google account is sync'd. In the preferences I do have the calenders set to "on" in the "Display in all calender mode" option. All calender is chosen and still nothing.

When I go to the month view, I see grey boxes which I assume are my appointments. But when you click on the day it is blank. When I add in a new event I can not see it either!

I would love for this to be a simple fix and rediculed forever - as long as I get my calender working
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I have the same EXACT problem and posted about it somewhere in here before and never got an answer. It's really annoying me because as far as I can tell everything should be working. Like you said, in the month view you can see the grayed boxes of where things should be (and should be in color), but when you go to the week or day views, nothing is there. I tried deleting and resynchronizing, but same thing.
    The default timeframe for calendar is 9 am to 5 pm. If your entries like mine include early morning entries to remind you at 7 or 8, or late night entries... they will not appear in the default calendar view after you sync (I am coming from a Treo 755p) but the days may be greyed in larger view. The solution I found is to go into prefs in the calendar app and reset the start of day and end of day time. My events synced for those periods then showed up. While you are in there, reset first day of the week to Monday so that weekday alarms do not go off on Saturday and Sunday.....

Let me know if this works....
    ETUTREO300
    I had this problem until I did the OTA update......it solved the problem!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Nope, didn't work. And I didn't even do anything on the phone until after I updated to 1.0.2 firmware so that's not the problem either.
    Maybe if you resync it'll solve the problem. My pre had the update already when I purchased the phone and my calendar works fine.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I've done that a few times already and nothing.
  8.    #8  
    glad I am not the only one - but would rather have a solution.

The update was done before I had the store (1.02). I also deleted all the google data and then added the account again.

Frustrating
    I have another calendar question - is there a way to get a week view like you get on Datebk5 (see screenshot below)? I depend on that week view -- I see that the default week view on the Pre just shows you boxes, which to me is pretty useless. I need the words to show up like they do on the day view!!!

10.    #10  
    Well I tried the "hard reset" which was a chance to see the palm backup system. After a reset and resync - the calender is still blank. I feel like the answer should be so simple but everything looks set up right and there is still nothing showing.

To add insult to injury, if I create a new event it will not show in the calender - but the alarm will go off 5 min before the event.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I have another calendar question - is there a way to get a week view like you get on Datebk5 (see screenshot below)? I depend on that week view -- I see that the default week view on the Pre just shows you boxes, which to me is pretty useless. I need the words to show up like they do on the day view!!!

+1 and waiting for the app
    Anyone know if you can invite people to events?
  13.    #13  
    well I called palm support for help with "blank calendar." The best response so far was "well thats weird"
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    Anyone know if you can invite people to events?
    Supposedly its not available yet and 'coming soon'

My source is a forum member who probably doesn't know any more than you or me.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I had the same problem with calendar entries not showing. What fixed it for me was deleting my backup from Palm.com and removing/readding my Google profiles for calendar, contacts, and e-mail.

In my case, I think what caused the problem was that I initially added my Gmail username on the Pre without the dot "." but that's how I created my Google account (with the dot "."). The Pre needed my Google username in the same syntax as the as the account was created. Normally if you have a Gmail username with a dot (firstname.lastname@gmail.com), Gmail will also see firstnamelastname@gmail.com as valid. However, this does not carryover when accessing your Google account remotely. You must login with the user name as the account was created.

Hopefully this is helpful and you get your problem resolved. It was very frustrating for me.
    I have had the same problem that others have mentioned above. I have a few different Google Calendar accounts, so I've been able to do some testing. I'm fairly certain that the Pre cannot handle a particular type of event from a Google Calendar. I've added another one of my calendars and it worked just fine, but my main one bugs it up. I even removed additional calendars and tasks from Google one by one, and removing and re-adding my accounts to on the Pre to check it.

My Facebook events calendar, when loaded by itself, works just fine. So, I'm fairly certain that it's something to do with the Google to Pre connection. When I first add my Google Calendar, the events appear just fine. But when it completely finishes syncing, all the events are gone in both day and week mode. The month mode shows events grayed out.

Help is really appreciated! (Sorry that this isn't the most clear. It's hard to boil down hours of testing into a few paragraphs)
    You must be right that it's a particular type of event messing it up, because I haven't had this issue (yet) although I have quite a few google calendar events. I wonder if it could be related to the tasks, because I don't have any tasks.
    I'm having the same problem as well. In "Month View" everything is grayed out, but when I looked at the day, there's nothing there. I made a new event on google and on the pre, and it still didn't work.
    Bump.

Having the same issue. I have 4 calendars in the Google Calendar. I backed up the Google calendars (through a connection with iCal), and then re-loaded just one calendar. That would not sync with the Pre. It DOES give me a reminder alarm, but the event itself does not appear, and I cannot tap a time to make a new event on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried searching in the forum to see if this has been brought up- but I have trouble navigating it since there have been thousands of posts since Sat.
    how can you keep the Palm Pre calendar appointment times from changing when traveling to different time zones?
    I sync wirelessly with Outlook.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast