Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem of a slow calendar. It takes over 60 seconds to populate the monthly view and 30 - 45 seconds to populate a daily or weekly view. Each time I delete or want to move an appointment I get the same 30 - 45 second delay. Very frustrating and time consuming considering I have a lot of appts and daily events to deal with and move around. I don't use Google calendar. I was syncing my Treo 755 to the Palm Desktop. I did the one time transfer from my Treo to the Pre assuming I'd learn how to deal with the Google calendar at a later date. Could it be that Pre doesn't like the Palm calendar and that I should sync Treo to Google to Pre? If so, how do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienabound View Post
    I'm having the same problem of a slow calendar. It takes over 60 seconds to populate the monthly view and 30 - 45 seconds to populate a daily or weekly view. Each time I delete or want to move an appointment I get the same 30 - 45 second delay. Very frustrating and time consuming considering I have a lot of appts and daily events to deal with and move around. I don't use Google calendar. I was syncing my Treo 755 to the Palm Desktop. I did the one time transfer from my Treo to the Pre assuming I'd learn how to deal with the Google calendar at a later date. Could it be that Pre doesn't like the Palm calendar and that I should sync Treo to Google to Pre? If so, how do I do that?
    I don't think that will sole your problem because I only use Google calendar and I'm having that problem. Not sure anyone has pinpointed the cause.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I love the phone but if a solution to the long delays can't be found before my 30 days are up I'll have to return the phone and go back to the Treo. These delays are just too frustrating and time consuming. I'd consider the iPhone but hate the keyboard (or lack thereof) and too many drop outs on the AT&T system. Although .... 40,000 apps including major companies having apps to tie the phone directly to them is enticing.
    It seems that some characters transferred using DTA to the Pre are causing flawed data and freezes. My experience is that is mainly datebk6 data. Recurring events with datebk entries have symbols underneath (such as ###***##@@@) that freezes the Pre.

There are a couple of work-arounds. Read through this link for ideas:

Palm Pre calendar grays out and freezes - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community
    The problems I'm reading about here seem very familiar: calendar events do not show up on the Pre even though they do show up in Google Calendar. Removing and re-adding the Google account does not help. Actually most (all?) events through yesterday do show up, but as of today there's nothing in the day view. The month view does seem correct, so I think the data is there.

In my case the data all came from Palm Desktop via the DTA (except for a few new events added in the week and a half I've had the Pre). I had Palm devices back to January 1997 (the original Pilot), so there is a lot of calendar data, and frankly I wonder if that is my issue. One reason I say that is because today I tried changing my default to the Palm profile, and a new event added after that also does not show up on the Pre. So that plus seeing the data in the month view makes me think that the Google sync is not the issue -- it's the Pre's ability to display the events in some views.

I may try the export/recreate steps that Spencer posted to see if that helps, perhaps after deleting some of the older events. If that doesn't work and Palm support also can't help me, I'm not sure I can keep this phone. Which is too bad, because other than the calendar, I'm pretty happy with it.

Any additional suggestions are welcome.
    Ultimately, that is what I did. I found the repeating events, especially the ones from Datebk6, caused HUGE problems for the DTA. I decided I would keep my centro for an archive of my old calendar (I probably will never need it, but just in case). I also kept it on my Palm desktop too. I just created a new Palm profile for my Pre on the desktop, imported my contacts, memos and tasks, but no calendar. It works GREAT! I HIGHLY recommend this approach after wasting hours of my life trying to get 7 years worth of old appointments on the pre. Love the pre more everyday now!
    I had over 6000 events in my calendar. I exported them, deleted the Google calendar, and re-imported a bit over 1000 of them (filtered with a little Java program I wrote, using the ical4j library). And things are much better now.

One annoyance that is now at the top of my problem list is that if I edit the description of an event, on the Pre or in Google, that change doesn't get synced to the other place, even after waiting plenty of time. In fact I'm not sure if any changes to existing events get synced, but I haven't done an exhaustive test of the various possible changes yet. But maybe that will get fixed in 1.1...
    I'm getting inconsisitent and incorrect temperatures with my google weather add in-- for example -today tomorrow are seemingly correct = 76 but sunday it shows a high of 26 !! also, my google installed holidays roll over to the next day - any ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by mweston View Post
    One annoyance that is now at the top of my problem list is that if I edit the description of an event, on the Pre or in Google, that change doesn't get synced to the other place, even after waiting plenty of time. In fact I'm not sure if any changes to existing events get synced, but I haven't done an exhaustive test of the various possible changes yet. But maybe that will get fixed in 1.1...
    I lied, sort of. It appears that Google -> Pre sync of description changes works, but Pre -> Google does not. And if you change the description in both places, the changes made on the Pre are overwritten.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Not sure if people are still having this problem, but I found that having the weather enabled on the full html version of google calendar killed the calendar sync with my pre. not sure if that was just me, but deleting the weather calendar brought all my calendars back.
    Quote Originally Posted by pennpre View Post
    Not sure if people are still having this problem, but I found that having the weather enabled on the full html version of google calendar killed the calendar sync with my pre. not sure if that was just me, but deleting the weather calendar brought all my calendars back.
    Deleting the weather calendar fixed issues that I was having with the calendar app as well. Google probably uses some different format for the weather events that messes with the pre's calendar app.
    for those that miss datebk....I did this to get my month view with text. it will have to do until palm figures it all out...

http://bit.ly/mThRp
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I have another calendar question - is there a way to get a week view like you get on Datebk5 (see screenshot below)? I depend on that week view -- I see that the default week view on the Pre just shows you boxes, which to me is pretty useless. I need the words to show up like they do on the day view!!!

I've used DateBk on a number of Palm devices and its functions are sorely missed in the Pre calendar.
    Paul
    having trouble when my facebook calendar events syncs to my pre -- they automatically enter 3-hours later than the events actually are. thought it might be corrected in facebook settings, but there's no time zone info there. is this a pre problem?
    Last edited by niffer31; 07/26/2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
    The webos update solved the google calendar problem....no more locked, grayed calendar screens!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123