Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the exact same issue as well. I called palm support and the non US help had no idea what to do. They hung up on me in the end.

If anyone has a fix....
    I have similar but somewhat different issues:

I have a number of birthdays and other such yearly-repeating events listed as all-day events. They were entered on my Google calendar. I see them on the Pre's calendar...sometimes.

I was paging through the calendar day-by-day and noticed that several were missing...yet each time that I switched to "week view", I could see an all-day (i.e., no time) event on the day that I just scrolled by without any events. I'd click the day on the "week view" and the Pre would switch to the day view and *then* I would see it. If I page day-by-day to the next day that has an all-day event, I have at most a 50% chance of seeing the event on the calendar...but if I screw with switching the "calendars displayed" drop-down list from "all" to something else and then back to "all", it then shows up. Same thing with switching to week view and drilling back into day view.

On the month view, I normally see nothing. The week view is the only reliable view for me.

This situation is really unacceptable. I'm not asking for the world. I would just like reliable display of the day's events as I page day-by-day. The phone has plenty of time to retrieve the dang calendar events since it takes about ten times longer than my Treo to switch days on the calendar.

Another calendar annoyance/bug: reminders don't synch with google.

cheers,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  3. LKB
    Same problem here. Some events appear some of the time on some calendar views, but no consistency. I DO get alarms for events, even when I can't see them, so I know the data is there somewhere. Sure wish I could see it.... Have tried deleting and reloading calendar accounts, manual syncs, giving it time... nothing. Has anyone found a solution to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I have similar but somewhat different issues:

I have a number of birthdays and other such yearly-repeating events listed as all-day events. They were entered on my Google calendar. I see them on the Pre's calendar...sometimes.
    Steve, that sounds like the same issue where things that are before the typical "day start" don't show up. Maybe if you reset your day to start at midnight and end at midnight? I may do that myself sometime, otherwise the Pre is strictly limited to business use and doesn't get any use after hours, that's no good.
    -Sean
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It seems to be anything that is an all day event from Google calendar synced to palm pre calendar that does not show up on the monthly view on the pre.

And if I set the All Day event to...lets say 9:00 am to 10:00 am. It will work and show up on the pre, but it wont let me set the option for 7 day alarm, the best i get is 1 hour??
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Not only are my Google calendar events invisible on the week & month view -- I can not even get an event added in the Pre's Calendar app! WHen I tap on a time slot, it does not allow text entry -- I can get to the Add Event from the Calendar > New > Event from the upper left corner of the screen, but events never appear in the daily view -- BUT: notifications do occur! WTF?!?!?
    I, too, have the problem where I can not see any of my appointments but get reminders before each fo them. If anyone finda a fix for this, please post.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My calendar problem and how I solved it:

Before I got my Pre - I already had a Google account where I use Gmail and Calendar. I also used Palm Desktop.

When I got my Pre, I followed the instructions to sync my Palm Desktop to my Google Calendar/contacts using the DTA, then set up the Pre with the Google account to bring them down. It worked - it brought down all my contacts and calendar events from my Palm Desktop through Google. BTW I am using webOS 1.0.2

All my Palm Desktop contacts now show up in my Gmail contacts, and that's fine.

However, my Google calendar doesn't show ANY of my Palm Desktop events, even though they were brought down to my Pre! Go figure.

Furthermore, hitting the sync button in calendar does nothing - it doesn't push information up to Google Calendar, nor did it bring new ones down.

Someone mentioned on this forum that the password might be the problem. So I updated my password before syncing on the Pre. Guess what? It worked a little. It brought Google cal items DOWN to the Pre, but would not send Pre events UP to Google cal. Oh, and I had to update my password every time on the Pre before syncing or it does nothing.

Naturally I got frustrated, so I REMOVED my Google Cal account from the Pre. Then I recreated the Google Cal account on the Pre and synced. Now, my Google Cal and Pre cal are synced. All my old calendar events which supposedly were brought over using the DTA tool, which did not show up on Google Cal, are now GONE. I still have them in my Palm Desktop so no big deal for me.

Guess what? The syncing now works perfect. Google events go to Pre, Pre events go to Google cal. No messing with the password either.

So, I believe if you didn't use the DTA and just started fresh syncing with Google Cal, you won't have any problems. The DTA might be the culprit in my case. As for the funky password thing - I have no clue.

To those who continue to have problems and are frustrated - hang in there! The device is amazing, but with any first gen device they have to work out the bugs. There are a few hundred people here in this forum with problems, and well over 50k units sold in one weekend. I wonder if the majority of people DO NOT have problems, and we're just hearing all the bad?

Nice job, Palm. Keep it up.
    I've found a workaround solution that should work for everyone encountering this problem. Please note that it only works for those calendars you have 'admin' rights over (the ones which you can make changes to AND manage sharing of).

Step 1: On your desktop, log into Google Calendar and click on "Settings" in the upper right portion of the page.

Step 2: Beneath the heading "Calendar Settings" click on the "Calendars" tab.

Step 3: Beneath the "My Calendars" section and above the "Other Calendars" section click the link titled "Export calendars"
    (This will download all of your calendars in a zip file. You'll need to know how to open a zip file or 'unzip' the file)

Step 4: Unzip the files into a folder that will be easy to remember and navigate to like the desktop.

Step 5: Be sure you've downloaded all of your calendars (steps 1-4 above) BEFORE continuing.

Step 6: Go back to Google Calendar which should still be at the "Calendar Settings" page. (If it is not, follow the above steps to get there). Under "My Calendars" on the far right edge of the page click the link called "Delete" A confirmation dialog will popup, click on the button "Delete" Repeat this step for all of your calendars. Note: You cannot delete your default calendar which is the calendar that Google Calendar creates for you when you first sign up with Google Calendar. When you click "Delete" it will erase all events on this calendar which is enough for now.
    You should now be left with only the default calendar.

Step 7: Now open "Preferences & Accounts" in your Pre's calendar application. Delete your Google account by tapping on it and then tapping on the "Remove Account" button.

Step 8: Still within the "Preferences & Account" portion of your Pre's calendar application, tap "Add An Account" and add your Google account details. Wait for it to finish setting up and syncing the account.

Step 9: If you only have use one calendar in Google Calendar, skip to step 10. The following step is for if you use multiple calendars: Go back to Google Calendar on your desktop and (still at the "Calendar Settings" page) click on the "Create new calendar" button and fill in all the information on the page. Then click on the "Create calendar" button. Repeat to recreate all the calendars you had before you started this. Once you have all the calendars you need, continue to step 10.

Step 10: You should be on the Calendar Settings page and the "Calendars" tab. Click "Import Calendar" Click the "Choose file" button. Navigate to the folder you unzipped the calendars to and select the calendar you wish to import.
    Note: If you created multiple calendars in step 9, be sure you select the correct calendar in the "Choose Calendar" drop down.
    Click "Import"
    Note: If you have multiple calendars, DO NOT do any more, this must be done one at a time.

Step 11: In your Pre's "Preferences & Account" portion of the calendar application, tap "Sync Now" Wait until it is done before continuing. Exit the calendar application.

Step 12: Re-open your Pre's calendar application. Check if your data has appeared. If not, check that you followed the above steps. If so, congratulations!
    If you have multiple calendars, you must repeat steps 10-11 for each calendar you use.

I hope this helps you, please let me know if you need and further clarification.
    -spencer
    Quote Originally Posted by spingary View Post
    So, I believe if you didn't use the DTA and just started fresh syncing with Google Cal, you won't have any problems. The DTA might be the culprit in my case. As for the funky password thing - I have no clue.
    I didn't use DTA and I had the same problem. I think it's in the Gmail-to-Pre sync process. I sync'd my old Treo to Outlook, then exported my calendar from Outlook to a CSV file, then imported the CSV file into my Google calendar. There was something in one of those steps that messed it up. Same symptoms: gray in monthly and weekly views, nothing in the daily view.

I removed my Google account from my Pre, deleted all events from my Google calendar, then cleaned up up my CSV file (removed past events, deleted any weird characters, etc.). Then I broke the CSV into multiple CSVs based on category and imported them one at a time into a Google calendar of the same name. After each import I did a little more tweaking in Google calendar to make entries repeat and that kind of thing. After I finished the first category I re-added my Google calendar to the Pre and sync'd. It worked, so I repeated the process for the other categories. That seemed to do the trick for me.

I can't say it'll work for you, but oftentimes when you break things down into isolated steps it'll work better, or at least show you where the failure occurred so you can try to spot the problem.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I am having a similar problem. My google calendar freezes on the screen. It will not move in any direction. The palm profile one does. Weird. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I'm also having a problem where the day view freezes up. The days that it gets stuck on change based on which calendars I tell it to view. So far, I haven't been able to determine if there is any pattern about the days on which it freezes up.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I think I fixed the problem in my calendar. I had been using Datebk6 on my Treo 755p. In order to support some of it's extra functionality, datebk6 stored some characters in the description of an event. In many cases it was a sting like this ##@@C@@@@@@@@@@@@@@. I went though Google calendar and removed all the descriptions that had characters stings like this and now things seem to work.

Hope this helps.
    I used datebk also. Would I be better off deleting dtbk on my centro and then starting over? Maybe that would be easier?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I cannot see my All day and reoccurring appointments when in month view. I can see them in daily or weekly. Anyone have this issue?
    didn't solve my problem and i'm pissed...

i can't see any events in daily view.
    i can't see any events in week view.
    i can see that i have events in monthly view (big deal).
    i get event reminder alerts. that sure is nice.

i've restored (fully) twice.
    soft restored 3 times.
    restarted about 10 times.

seems like this recently started for me, like with 1.0.4. friggen IRRITATING.

my phone and my wife's phone and 2 of my friend's pre's... SAME problem with Google Calendar. what the heck?

i followed these directions twice. no go. get on the ball PALM. don't make me regret dumpin my iPhone.
  17. thekaitlin
    I just posted over in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ave-issue.html

about the things I did to fix mine.

1) no recurring events without end dates
    2) checking for a corrupt calendar (apparently my husband's main Google Calendar won't sync, and it throws a monkey wrench every time we try. So, he made another and moved all of his events to it and everything works fine now).
    Quote Originally Posted by thekaitlin View Post
    I just posted over in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ave-issue.html

about the things I did to fix mine.

1) no recurring events without end dates
    2) checking for a corrupt calendar (apparently my husband's main Google Calendar won't sync, and it throws a monkey wrench every time we try. So, he made another and moved all of his events to it and everything works fine now).
    i have 1055 events in my calendar... how the heck am i supposed to figure out which 1 is corrupting it.... man oh man
    mrpeepers,
    have you tried renaming the calendar(s)? i had a problem when i made a new calendar that had an ampersand (&) so i think there are problems with certain characters. i also tried to make my calendar names no more than two words. everything is going very smoothly for me now.

hope that helps!
    Anyone else having issues with calendar being extremely slow??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast