Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I synced my pre with facebook and I have about 500 facebook friends. Obvously I dont want all of them in my phone. Is there a easy way to delete them? Whenever I try it says you can not delete a facebook profile.
    Same effect here, but with the global corporate outlook contact list. That's a whole huge list of addresses that I don't need on my Pre.

You probably need to go to Facebook and un-friend them.
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
  3.    #3  
    ugh, i dont wanna defriend all the people i dont want in my pre. Maybe Il wipe my phone and wont sync facebook up. I really liked having the pics there tho.
    What other synergy does syncing Facebook up have besides the profile picture thing? Will I be able to input some FB contacts manually without syncing it up?? If I sync it up, is that how I get to contact people on FB?
    MY humble guess is that Palm is reading all of these comments and is working with the Facebook API to see if maybe WebOS can sync just certain facebook "lists"

And, yea, the only thing I can think the facebook helps with is photos. If you talk to any of the facebook friends, chances are their number is already in your phone.
    MY humble guess is that Palm is reading all of these comments and is working with the Facebook API to see if maybe WebOS can sync just certain facebook "lists"

And, yea, the only thing I can think the facebook helps with is photos. If you talk to any of the facebook friends, chances are their number is already in your phone.
    Yeah, I mean, I posted in the other thread saying that maybe I can create an account on the side and re-friend only the people I want and use THAT for the synergy, but I don't want to be stuck using THAT account for the rest of my mobile Facebook interaction. I'd like to use my main one for the rest, you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I posted in the other thread saying that maybe I can create an account on the side and re-friend only the people I want and use THAT for the synergy, but I don't want to be stuck using THAT account for the rest of my mobile Facebook interaction. I'd like to use my main one for the rest, you know?
    That is exactly what i plan to do....
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    That is exactly what i plan to do....
    But only if it doesn't interfere with my main account usage otherwise. It causes a problem for the regular non-mobile experience too, because you're creating two accounts and people are going to get confused and post stuff on the wrong account, etc.

Unless I tell them that the new account is solely for mobile reasons?
    I'm having an issue with how Facebook is set up on my Pre. I have my mom's work number programmed under my gmail contacts. There is also someone who works at the same place as my mom who lists their work number (which is the same number for the entire workplace) on their Facebook page. Now whenever I call, either dialing directly or even when dialing through my mom's entry, it always gives preference to this other guy's facebook profile and says I'm calling him, shows his picture etc. While the call works, it's annoying seeing the wrong entry in the call log and other things. I don't know the guy that well and just unfriended him. But his entry persists after syncing my accounts, like some sort of undead, synergy vampire. Anyone have a silver bullet for this?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    You can delete your facebook contacts and still be able to access facebook on your phone.

1. Open up your contact list. Tap the upper left corner and then tap preferences and accounts. Tap your facebook account and chose delete account. This will wipe the account from your phone, removing all of your facebook contacts in the process.

2. You can "still" use the facebook app that came with your phone under the "web" app.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 11/27/2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyPalm View Post
    You can delete your facebook contacts and still be able to access facebook on your phone.

1. Open up your contact list. Tap the upper left corner and then tap preferences and accounts. Tap your facebook account and chose delete account. This will wipe the account from your phone, removing all of your facebook contacts in the process.

2. You can "still" use the facebook app that came with your phone under the "web" app.

Hope this helps.
    He asks to delete SOME facebook contacts of not ALL.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    He asks to delete SOME facebook contacts of not ALL.
    Oh my goodness, excuse me!!! I should be banned from the forums!!

Actually, there will be others (like I was earlier) reading this thread in hopes of deleting all of their contacts, and my post is intended for them, but thank you for your "correction" anyway.... how very diplomatic it was.
    I just corrected you for those others reading this thread in hopes of deleting some of their contacts and my post is intended for them for not to delete all of their contacts =)

cheers
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I was looking for the same thing.

Luckily for me, I think FB is stupid and only have like 30 ppl on it that are close friends, family, or certain coworkers. I have it right on my public part of my profile DO NOT TRY TO FRIEND ME lol

Still annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    I was looking for the same thing.

Luckily for me, I think FB is stupid and only have like 30 ppl on it that are close friends, family, or certain coworkers. I have it right on my public part of my profile DO NOT TRY TO FRIEND ME lol
    Why do you have that? Why not just have your profile set to not allow friend requests? Seems like that is easier/less rude than yelling at people....
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Why do you have that? Why not just have your profile set to not allow friend requests? Seems like that is easier/less rude than yelling at people....
    Easier, yes. Less rude than "yelling"...to the Facebook crowd, no. Then someone's just going to bug you about I can't friend you, did you block me, why didn't you friend me on FB, etc.

Instead, opt-out your account from appearing in results completely and then no one will ever know you have a Facebook if you don't tell them.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    I just corrected you for those others reading this thread in hopes of deleting some of their contacts and my post is intended for them for not to delete all of their contacts =)

cheers
    Well, I did make it clear in my post that all contacts would be erased, but if they delete them all, all one would have to do is re-sync to facebook to get them all back. Thanks for clarifying anyway. If my post was confusing, I'm glad you said something.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Easier, yes. Less rude than "yelling"...to the Facebook crowd, no. Then someone's just going to bug you about I can't friend you, did you block me, why didn't you friend me on FB, etc.

Instead, opt-out your account from appearing in results completely and then no one will ever know you have a Facebook if you don't tell them.
    I agree with Finngirl. If you don't have friend requests enabled, the option to befriend you will simply not show up. If you blocked someone, they wouldn't be able to even see your account. Also, if your profile is only viewable by your current facebook friends, then there's probably not a need to tell people to not befriend you? Your message actually is a little funny (I'm not into having random facebook friends either!!), but you might also be giving the wrong impression? Just some ideas is all.
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 11/28/2010 at 02:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    I'm rude IRL I guess, what can I say. I still want to be able to get a request from some people. Since I'm not an avid FB fiend like some people, I haven't sat around looking for friends to add, idk if they have an account or not. Most of my profile is private, except one or two parts of the bio, which says if I don't know you don't add me. It's not really worded and all in caps like I posted lol. Just because we sat near each other in 9th grade math class 10 years or once worked at a fast food restaurant as teens, doesn't mean I want you on my facebook friends list!

Still would like an option to remove certain people from the sync. I have a few friends who did not list a ph# or an public [shown] e-mail addy with their FB account, so their listing in my contacts app is just a pic and their name. Stupid. Why Palm why?
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    Still would like an option to remove certain people from the sync. I have a few friends who did not list a ph# or an public [shown] e-mail addy with their FB account, so their listing in my contacts app is just a pic and their name. Stupid. Why Palm why?
    I purposely did not sync facebook contacts (because I didn't want all of them on my phone (if you know what I mean). What we really need Palm is an exceptions list (so that we could remove them from the Pre, they don't get deleted from facebook and they don't resynch back to the Pre). I'll post the suggestion on Palm site, see if it gets anywhere.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast